J.P. Morgan

3.2

63 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2008.

I applied to this position posted on the company's website and was contacted by an HR recruiter within a week of my submission. The recruiter was very easy to speak with, just some standard behavior questions. Then scheduled an on-site interview within the same week, three one-on-one interviews, no technique questions. Just be familiar with your resume, be able to tell the story about each bullets.

Interview Questions
  • what's the most difficult experience during your past research/working and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Interviewers were very unorganized, at first I was told I was being interviewed for their Financial Analyst Program. However, once I got to the interview I was told I was now being interviewed for another program. The interviewers were fairly nice, gave an overview of the program followed by a 30 minutes interview of mainly Behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Code for Good Hackathon 2014 Mumbai. It was through college campus selection the process included resume screening, aptitude test, technical interview and HR interview. The hackathon consisted of coding for an NGO within 24 hours. So the contestants had to stay awake the entire night. After the coding was done we had to present the ideas to the NGO after which again shortlisting was done for the final presentations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions
    • Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Process included a phone interview, online tests, essays, and 4 group/ panel interviews. A lot of focus on fit (less technical than the norm I would imagine, as I had nearly 2 years of prior IBD experience), but still some technical/ business sense questions, and mathematical/ logic brainteasers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

HR called up on Monday to do a phone interview (basic questions like where you working now, why you want to leave), then she said the company is currently interviewing internal candidates, and will revert to me on by the end of the week if I will be selected to come down for interview. Received call again from the HR on Friday to arrange a date, and was followed up with an email confirmation to interview the Hiring Manager in two days time.

Come interview day, was expecting only 1-to-1 with Hiring Manager, turns out there is two others, one of which is from another team but same department.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Areas to improve on for performance appraisal
      2) How I handle a difficult customer

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process started with an aptitude test that had tech as well as non tech questions. It had 80 questions to be solved in 80 minutes. Next was a group discussion in groups of 5-6. Followed by one Tech cum HR interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Got contacted directly by the analyst as opposed to HR

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important skill to be in S&T   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of interview. fairly simple. lots of questions about my knowledge on finance. friendly interview style, clarified all my doubts on the profile, policies, work environment.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied for the Launching Leaders program. Was contacted by email to have a basic phone interview. She asked basic fit questions and asked questions about my resume. Got caught off guard with a few technical questions I wasn't exactly prepared for. Ended the interview asking if she could give me guidelines and pointers since she was familiar with my situation. She told me I could contact her by email, which I did a few days later, however, never got a response back and after about a month was told I wasn't selected for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you perform a typical valuation of a company?   Answer Question