J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2010.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview then 8 in person interviews then 2 more phone interviews. They were all general interviews with basic questions such as why finance, where do you see the market going etc.... The did want me to ask a lot of questions though which is the one thing I was not 100% prepared for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think the market will go in a Bear or Bull direction?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2010.

Interview

Pretty quick turnaround.. Got a call to schedule an interview. Had a 1:1 with my manager and then was called right after for a phone interview with several of the VPs within the department that I would be working in. Basic questions. I think the team mostly looks for fit so there were a lot of behavioral questions with some mild touching on technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Not really difficult questions.. what kind of working environment do you flourish in? Name a time when you had a conflict and how did you deal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in April 2010.

Interview

It was not as formal as I thought it should have been, most of the questions asked did not cover the job description as advertised on their website. I tried to talk about my current working experience, but it seem they were more concern with how I would handle employee flare ups, rather than how to subvert such flares from arising.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with employee insubordination to an assigned task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I joined fresh out of college. I heard from the recruiter about once a week for about a month. Then did not her from her for the next few weeks. In the third month, she scheduled a phone interview. I had a second phone interview the following day. I then came to the office to meet with the hiring manager and was hired the following day. It took a while to get the ball rolling, but once it did, it rolled fast.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember anything especially tough about the questions. They were the standard interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I joined fresh out of college into a program, there was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Rigorous interview process to meet across many teams. You first have to get a first screening. Then you go in to meet with the hiring manager. Then you meet with the senior level on the team. Then you meet with all the analysts.

Interview Questions

• What is the theory behind the capital assets pricing model   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview went great, just basis questions and talked about college and how I studied abroad in France. Also asked me about my recent internship experience and how advanced my Excel skills were. Told me the job would be stressful and asked if I was willing to work some overtime. great interview

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2009.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly. It was a first round interview for a new analyst position. Asked standard questions about resume. Most questions were fit questions. There were a few accounting questions thrown in there too. Overall not too bad but I think the deciding factor was the fit. I did not make it to the next round.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

started with why should I hire you, went through my resume, and then asked technical question like Java polymorphism, threading, deadlock and some database question like index, candidate key and normalization. I answered all the questions along with some examples, but it did get back to me after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in March 2008.

Interview

I applied to this position posted on the company's website and was contacted by an HR recruiter within a week of my submission. The recruiter was very easy to speak with, just some standard behavior questions. Then scheduled an on-site interview within the same week, three one-on-one interviews, no technique questions. Just be familiar with your resume, be able to tell the story about each bullets.

Interview Questions

• what's the most difficult experience during your past research/working and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

There are 6 interviews two rounds in total. The first round consists 2 interviews about competency and some general technical questions. The second round is in Assessment Centre (Half day) consists of 4 interviews (technical written interview, group discussion, case based written interview and general competency questions). They booked train tickets for me and the second time they also booked a 5 star hotel for me. I am really satisfied with this company.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself in five years? Why do you choose JP Morgan? .... Some case study, group discussion problems. Technical questions: give you some data, choose the most efficient data structure to store it. (The complete question description is very long, not very difficult but it takes some time. Just practice some data structure programs will be helpful.)   Answer Question