J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

59 interviews

3.2

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions
  • Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

First round interviewees are selected based on the resume drop. In Japan, students need to submit a letter of intent that describes why the student thinks she is a good fit for the company and why the company is a good fit considering her career goals.

First round interview:
    1) One group interview (problem solving together) --> points being watched are how the candidate interacts in a group, how convincing the candidate is and how the group came to a mutually agreed conclusion/solution for the given problem.
    2) Three back to back interviews with managers from different groups within the department. Questions were mainly about why this role, why this company, long term career goals, leadership example, teamwork example.

Second Round Interview:
    5 back to back interviews. Four in English, one in Japanese. Some technical question (regarding equities business, algorithm trading etc. - very basic level). Standard questions otherwise - strength, weakness, academic and extracurricular experiences etc.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most constructive feedback you have received? How did you respond to that feedback?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Aptitude test, followed by interview with Manager and the last is Interview with HR

Interview Questions
    • Is social networking the cause of falling human relations?   View Answer
    I was given a choice to join any section of a particular department.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

HR called up on Monday to do a phone interview (basic questions like where you working now, why you want to leave), then she said the company is currently interviewing internal candidates, and will revert to me on by the end of the week if I will be selected to come down for interview. Received call again from the HR on Friday to arrange a date, and was followed up with an email confirmation to interview the Hiring Manager in two days time.

Come interview day, was expecting only 1-to-1 with Hiring Manager, turns out there is two others, one of which is from another team but same department.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Areas to improve on for performance appraisal
      2) How I handle a difficult customer
        Answer Question

Analyst Interview

The process started with an aptitude test that had tech as well as non tech questions. It had 80 questions to be solved in 80 minutes. Next was a group discussion in groups of 5-6. Followed by one Tech cum HR interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

2 rounnds of Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Got contacted directly by the analyst as opposed to HR

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the most important skill to be in S&T   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

I had three interviews during superday process and then one longer interview a week later. They then kept me in the dark for a month until I received an ambush phone interview. All the other interview experiences were a bit challenging but over all positive experiences. However, this phone interview my interviewer seemed to be looking for someone to argue with rather than interview. He was asking me very broad questions on my market views that obviously were highly debatable (i.e. which emerging market do you like best and why). I spent most of the time simply defending my points in an un-winnable argument

Interview Questions
    • Where do you think the biggest source of market growth will come from in the next decade?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of interview. fairly simple. lots of questions about my knowledge on finance. friendly interview style, clarified all my doubts on the profile, policies, work environment.

Analyst Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied for the Launching Leaders program. Was contacted by email to have a basic phone interview. She asked basic fit questions and asked questions about my resume. Got caught off guard with a few technical questions I wasn't exactly prepared for. Ended the interview asking if she could give me guidelines and pointers since she was familiar with my situation. She told me I could contact her by email, which I did a few days later, however, never got a response back and after about a month was told I wasn't selected for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you perform a typical valuation of a company?   Answer Question