J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Rigorous interview process to meet across many teams. You first have to get a first screening. Then you go in to meet with the hiring manager. Then you meet with the senior level on the team. Then you meet with all the analysts.

Interview Questions

• What is the theory behind the capital assets pricing model   1 Answer

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in November 2009.

Interview

Interview went great, just basis questions and talked about college and how I studied abroad in France. Also asked me about my recent internship experience and how advanced my Excel skills were. Told me the job would be stressful and asked if I was willing to work some overtime. great interview

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2009.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly. It was a first round interview for a new analyst position. Asked standard questions about resume. Most questions were fit questions. There were a few accounting questions thrown in there too. Overall not too bad but I think the deciding factor was the fit. I did not make it to the next round.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

started with why should I hire you, went through my resume, and then asked technical question like Java polymorphism, threading, deadlock and some database question like index, candidate key and normalization. I answered all the questions along with some examples, but it did get back to me after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in March 2008.

Interview

I applied to this position posted on the company's website and was contacted by an HR recruiter within a week of my submission. The recruiter was very easy to speak with, just some standard behavior questions. Then scheduled an on-site interview within the same week, three one-on-one interviews, no technique questions. Just be familiar with your resume, be able to tell the story about each bullets.

Interview Questions

• what's the most difficult experience during your past research/working and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First was the 1 hour presentation about the company. Then the started off with the interview process. First round was the aptitude round, followed by technical and lastly HR round. aptitude round was quite easy. But i have no idea for the rejection. They were very calm and composed. Finally only 7 candidates were selected for the job.

Interview Questions

• basically finance related questions.I heard even the accountancy specialization students were being asked finance based questions. so better get prepared for it.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

2 rounds, telephone then face to face in the JP Morgan london office. Took 2 weeks for the phone interview then 2 weeks to hear back. I went for a face to face interview 2 weeks after that.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewers were very unorganized, at first I was told I was being interviewed for their Financial Analyst Program. However, once I got to the interview I was told I was now being interviewed for another program. The interviewers were fairly nice, gave an overview of the program followed by a 30 minutes interview of mainly Behavioral questions.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Code for Good Hackathon 2014 Mumbai. It was through college campus selection the process included resume screening, aptitude test, technical interview and HR interview. The hackathon consisted of coding for an NGO within 24 hours. So the contestants had to stay awake the entire night. After the coding was done we had to present the ideas to the NGO after which again shortlisting was done for the final presentations

Interview Questions

• Which year JP Morgan bought Chase?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in May 2014.

Interview

3 interviews, 1 with hiring manager, 6 with their colleagues including MDs, PMs, VPs, Head of Research. Most questions were nice chats about investment style, strategy, holding period in current job, approaches, how stock selection is done and on what criteria. Interviews too approximately 5 hours. The last round was a presentation which I didn't get to do reason being my weak analytical skills (which was rather a misunderstanding I think as I believe for most part they are fine and performance is there to prove it) and investment style (always thought the style is taken over as you join the firm but I think they are looking for a very specific person there).

Interview Questions

• Describe why you would set a specific cost of equity for a bank in specific region when using GGM / have absolutely full understanding of valuation process theory.   1 Answer