J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – just went through CV, motivation, career plan, followed by puzzles.

The interviewers were very nice, though I was not well prepared.

Interview Question – puzzle
9 balls, identical in appearance. 8 are of same weight. 1 is heavier. Identify this heavier ball by using a scale twice.
  View Answers (5)

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone recruiter does majority of interview and passes it on to hiring manager. Show common sense with the hiring manager and you should be fine. The recruiters are generally very out of touch with the job so take everything they say with a grain of salt regarding title and description of duties.

Interview Question – How do you use [application] in your current or previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Salary range is set for most positions.

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Interview Details – Set of analytical questions.and HR rounds mainly asking about background, why the company, which field are you intrested in, are you willing to relocate all sorts of questions.

Interview Question – Case study regarding How to increase your sales of product   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Interview Details – Just some general questions regarding my resume, my experience in resolving a conflict in either culture or communication area, why I choose this location, why I didn't do an internship in Finance area.

Interview Question – Why I didn't do an internship in Finance area?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

Interview Details – interviewers asked questions that were hard to answer. didnot feel very well. but got 2nd interview.

Interview Question – your weekness   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

Interview Details – I first had an interview with the recruiter. I then had an in-person interview with my manager, J. Then I had two phone interviews with her manager (R) and that manager's manager (P) (would have been in-person, but travel was not in their budget). Finally I had an in-person interview with P. Once the job was offered I had 3 days to get my drug test and finger prints done.

Interview Question – The question asked what my most difficult project in college was?   View Answer

Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details – My interviewered asked me to walk through my resume and to go into detail about my experiences. There were also a lot of behavioral questions. Things like "give an example of how you resolved a conflict" or "tell me about a time that you had mutiple competing deadlines".

Overall, she was very nice and was very open to answering any questions I had.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you resolved a conflict   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

Interview Details – Surprisingly, the entire process was short and sweet. Phone interview; normal questions about resume and myself. Then week later in-person interview with Manager and employee; again standard questions, nothing hard or really stand-outish. Again... quick and easy.

Interview Question – Three positive traits about yourself? Followed by asking for one negative.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had another offer on the table so I used that as leverage. Was able to get a significant amount more than originally offered.

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2008.

Interview Details – the hiring manager was very detailed in discussing the requirement for the position. she described the job and responsibilities of the position. however, the technical interview was really bad. the interviewer asked a lot of classroom type questions and less on work related questions which caught me off-guard. it was a difficult interview but i am glad to have taken it.

Interview Questions

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – where do you see yourself in 5 years, what do you know about JPMorgan, why do you want this position?
Tell me about a time when you had a leadership conflict. a few technical questions on fixed income, the markets and the history of the company. Spoke with HR and the hiring manager on the phone

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself i?n 5 years   Answer Question