J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
58 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – First got a phone interview. The HR was very nice. He asked me questions about the salary expectation. Then the on-site interview was around an hour. the interviewer was department VP. Most of the questions were behaviour questions, like " help me to walk through your resume" and "Why choose JPMorgan". Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Question – Give me an example how you deal with a tough manager?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The benefit is good. I didn't negotiate and just accepted.

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2010.

Interview Details – A lot of "Describe a time when"..... types of questions

Interview Question – Describe a time when you disagreed with management . What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

Interview Details – I was sent an email to set up a phone interview. It was conducted by a person from HR.
The interview mainly consisted of questions about my resume: past internships, year abroad etc., the the usual questions 1) Why JP Morgan? 2) Why this division? 3) How does JP differentiate from its competitors? There were also a few questions regarding the current market situation (only commodities in my case).

Interview Questions

Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – Three 1-1 interviews; two of them competency-based and one with brain teasers.

The interviewers were all really nice and put you at ease, so don't stress tto much about it.

Interview Questions

Very Difficult Interview

Analyst
City of London, England (UK)

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – met with the Head of the Desk, ED and VP and VP of another desk
4h interview
why sales, why you
a lot of technical questions, went really in details, obviously if you choke on one question they will try to eff you up even more.

even though i didn't get the job, it helped a lot experience wise, i realised what i needed to work on and how they would actually conduct an interview of the kind.

Interview Question – decompose and explain each component of the B/S model   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed for one position got offer letter for another. There was no face to face interview but i needed a job at the time.

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – just went through CV, motivation, career plan, followed by puzzles.

The interviewers were very nice, though I was not well prepared.

Interview Question – puzzle
9 balls, identical in appearance. 8 are of same weight. 1 is heavier. Identify this heavier ball by using a scale twice.
  View Answers (5)

Very Easy Interview

Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone recruiter does majority of interview and passes it on to hiring manager. Show common sense with the hiring manager and you should be fine. The recruiters are generally very out of touch with the job so take everything they say with a grain of salt regarding title and description of duties.

Interview Question – How do you use [application] in your current or previous job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. Salary range is set for most positions.

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Interview Details – Set of analytical questions.and HR rounds mainly asking about background, why the company, which field are you intrested in, are you willing to relocate all sorts of questions.

Interview Question – Case study regarding How to increase your sales of product   View Answer

Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Interview Details – Just some general questions regarding my resume, my experience in resolving a conflict in either culture or communication area, why I choose this location, why I didn't do an internship in Finance area.

Interview Question – Why I didn't do an internship in Finance area?   View Answer