J.P. Morgan Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2015

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Process included a phone interview, online tests, essays, and 4 group/ panel interviews. A lot of focus on fit (less technical than the norm I would imagine, as I had nearly 2 years of prior IBD experience), but still some technical/ business sense questions, and mathematical/ logic brainteasers

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

HR called up on Monday to do a phone interview (basic questions like where you working now, why you want to leave), then she said the company is currently interviewing internal candidates, and will revert to me on by the end of the week if I will be selected to come down for interview. Received call again from the HR on Friday to arrange a date, and was followed up with an email confirmation to interview the Hiring Manager in two days time.

Come interview day, was expecting only 1-to-1 with Hiring Manager, turns out there is two others, one of which is from another team but same department.

Interview Questions

• 1) Areas to improve on for performance appraisal
      2) How I handle a difficult customer

Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

The process started with an aptitude test that had tech as well as non tech questions. It had 80 questions to be solved in 80 minutes. Next was a group discussion in groups of 5-6. Followed by one Tech cum HR interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in December 2012.

Interview

Got contacted directly by the analyst as opposed to HR

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important skill to be in S&T   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

2 rounds of interview. fairly simple. lots of questions about my knowledge on finance. friendly interview style, clarified all my doubts on the profile, policies, work environment.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied for the Launching Leaders program. Was contacted by email to have a basic phone interview. She asked basic fit questions and asked questions about my resume. Got caught off guard with a few technical questions I wasn't exactly prepared for. Ended the interview asking if she could give me guidelines and pointers since she was familiar with my situation. She told me I could contact her by email, which I did a few days later, however, never got a response back and after about a month was told I wasn't selected for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you perform a typical valuation of a company?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

a friend recommend me to my current manager. we went through two rounds of interviews to meet with all four of the senior people in the team. then they offered me the job in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• delta of interest rate option   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation at all. fixed the salary, you can just take it or leave it.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

First got a phone interview. The HR was very nice. He asked me questions about the salary expectation. Then the on-site interview was around an hour. the interviewer was department VP. Most of the questions were behaviour questions, like " help me to walk through your resume" and "Why choose JPMorgan". Overall, it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The benefit is good. I didn't negotiate and just accepted.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

Interview

I had three interviews during superday process and then one longer interview a week later. They then kept me in the dark for a month until I received an ambush phone interview. All the other interview experiences were a bit challenging but over all positive experiences. However, this phone interview my interviewer seemed to be looking for someone to argue with rather than interview. He was asking me very broad questions on my market views that obviously were highly debatable (i.e. which emerging market do you like best and why). I spent most of the time simply defending my points in an un-winnable argument

Interview Questions

• Where do you think the biggest source of market growth will come from in the next decade?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview

Three 1-1 interviews; two of them competency-based and one with brain teasers.

The interviewers were all really nice and put you at ease, so don't stress tto much about it.