J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.7

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Good telephonic interview for two hours and then reporting for personal interview. The personal interview was technical come managerial interview of 1.5 hours.

The HR interview was one hour more. Then was given breakout. later was asked to collect offer letter later.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

two technical,one managerial and finally hr round.technically you should be strong.but when you enter you will be made to work on old version of technologies.work culture is good.human values are there.just like government job...cool work pressure

Interview Questions
    not good.they will not accept negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Referred by a friend, received phone interview two days letter, and then interviewed at JP Morgan for 3 and half hours with 4 people one week later. At first, I thought the interview to be a OO focused one, so I prepared a lot for OO design question since the team used SmallTalk as the programming tool. It turned out the question is more focused on what I have learnt in maths and finance, not too much OO.

Interview Questions
    • Met 4 different levels and groups of people. Each person focused on different aspects. Derive BS PDE, some probability questions, design parking lot and their daily management process (I don't quite understand what he really wanted, so I was struggled with this question), some financial derivative questions like yield curve and pricing bond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

I applied the position on JPMorgan Chase career website, and then got the first interview with hr in a month. Technical phone interview was set a few days later, and then invited to onsite. The onsite included 1 hour group panel technical interview, 1.5 hour one to oen with hiring manager, and 30 mins face to face with hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

HR Screen followed by management and team phone interview followed by face-to-face series of interviews.
    HR interview was basic verification that I could say yes or no to matching the job posting requirements.
    The phone interview was very one way with both the managers and team members. They didn't ask if I had questions once and didn't answer them when I asked at the end, they turned them back into questions to me. Managers where vague about what role required and focused on what I had done, not how I had accomplished any of it. The team interview was like a multiple choice question exam where the answers where obvious.
    The Face-to-Face interview was LONG. Started at 1:00, left at 5:45. The Management portion was more about getting to know personality than skills. Most job questions were about describing specifics to things on resume and if they made the experience relevant to the position. In hind site, the description of the role and the requirements for it were drastically different than the reality. They stated the position was intended to take advantage of existing skills and allow for development of skills that were new or dated over a long period of time. The reality was that after 2 months I was expected to know all the technology equally, and even though my contribution was very high where my expertise was very high the notion that time would be allowed to develop new skills was simply not true.
    Interview with team members was different depending on their background. Some where very straight forward and verifying that level of expertise was where it was stated to be. Others where asking for examples of how specific situations where handled in the past, a lot of discussion about how I would deal with situations that were very standard and led to sharing war stories more than interviewing.

Was not encouraged to ask questions and when I did the replies where vague and did not answer the questions. After starting understood they didn't know the answer but didn't simply tell me that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation when I had to fire someone for a code of ethics violation. I never have and that response led to the question "why?". I've never had anyone violate a code of ethics rule so it has never come up. They seemed to get stuck on that even though this wasn't even a management position making that portion strange.   View Answer
    I said yes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

3 phone interview and 1 face-to-face interview

Interview Questions
    • a brain teaser question: you have two balls and one 100-story building. What is minimum tries to figure out which floor will break the ball if a ball is dropped from that floor.   View Answers (2)

package being offered is below the target

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Since I was in India, all 3 interviews were on phone. They asked about core java, collections, multithreading, jms messaging. The interviewer were friendly and gave few hints. There were few database SQL queries too.

I didn't negotiate

Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

Initial Screening by HR
    Technical Phone screening by hiring department - This will be a half an hour screening with questions covering programming and data bases
    On site interview by tech team - Very comprehensive, goes through in depth technical screening.
    On site interviews are around 2 hours in duration
    White boarding of a programming problem. There can be puzzle like problems - what is tested is only approach to problem and how solution is crafted.
    Group interview
    Behavioural type of questions

Interview Questions
    No much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I met them at my school career fair. I got an interview two weeks after. There were two hiring managers that were going to interview me consecutively. They said they would get back in a week or two time

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a pass by Variable and Pass by reference   Answer Question