J.P. Morgan Applications Developer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.8

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview was consist of the below rounds.
1 Telephonic Round based on core java concepts like Threading , Collection and some Design Pattern related
2 Face to Face Round which mainly includes testing your programming skills
1 Manager Round(Tech plus Managerial)
1 HR round

Interview Questions
  • 1) related to DS
    2) Programming skills based on String Questions
    3) 2-3 Puzzles
    4) solve real life scenario problem

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Got a call from staffing agency that setup initial Telephonic discussion from the US. The US Telephonic was a technical round with simple questions on Mainframe Technology: CICS, DB2, JCL. Next was personal round in their office in Hyderabad. This was aptitude based. Asked about most difficult situation I faced and how did I overcome. Asked about my work experience and career goal and how JP Morgan fits into the scheme of things. Next was HR round where not too much negotiation happened on salary. I got a good offer and took it.

Interview Questions
    • Aptitude question on how you will find the total petrol consumption in a city.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2015.

There were two 30 minute interviews, the first one just trying to get to know me, the 2nd one some behavioral and technical questions. They want you to be yourself in the interview, that is what the interviewer told me when I asked what his biggest piece of advice was.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

I chatted with them at a career fair and got a next day interview. During that interview, I spoke with two people. The first was a more technically-oriented interview. The guy asked me about past development experience and a few questions about object-oriented programming. The second one was more of an HR type of thing.

Interview Questions
    • "What is a static variable?" Should be simple for you studious ones, but I actually couldn't remember precisely what the definition was because I hadn't written any code involving static variables.

"Why shouldn't I hire you?" Now here's a head-scratcher, haha. I said, "Because I'm brand new and have very little experience." Fair enough.

Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied for a summer internship as a junior year student. Applied online and was immediately required to complete two sets of basic online tests (Simple information processing/math on some charts, and cognitive test that you are required to find the next image based on a sequence of images) to complete the application.

Got an email within a week for a phone screening. The phone screening was completely non-technical, including questions such as Why JP Morgan and things about my past experience.

After another week I was asked to complete a online Java 6 tests (standard for financial industry I believe) that includes things from basic Java knowledge to Swing and other package specific questions. At the same time I was invited to Assessment Center.

Assessment Center includes one group discussion + presentation and two interviews. You are given a few emails, articles and other information about a project, and the group is supposed to prepare for 40 minutes, and give a 15 minute presentation + 20 minute Q&A with the assessors.

One interview was with senior engineer and one was with a manager. Again, no technical questions were involved. Things asked included my past projects, and other behavioral questions such as "when did you get into a problem that you could have avoided".

Got back to me in 2 days for an offer, but with only a week to consider.

Interview Questions

Only a week to consider the offer, too early as I was still waiting for other companies.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

I met them at my school career fair. I got an interview two weeks after. There were two hiring managers that were going to interview me consecutively. They said they would get back in a week or two time

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a pass by Variable and Pass by reference   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

Initial Screening by HR
    Technical Phone screening by hiring department - This will be a half an hour screening with questions covering programming and data bases
    On site interview by tech team - Very comprehensive, goes through in depth technical screening.
    On site interviews are around 2 hours in duration
    White boarding of a programming problem. There can be puzzle like problems - what is tested is only approach to problem and how solution is crafted.
    Group interview
    Behavioural type of questions

Interview Questions
    No much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

two technical,one managerial and finally hr round.technically you should be strong.but when you enter you will be made to work on old version of technologies.work culture is good.human values are there.just like government job...cool work pressure

Interview Questions
    not good.they will not accept negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

They only go for local candidates as they want to save on travel costs associated with a non-local one. They will first have a technical phone interview with basic Java questions and also ask the technologies you know. Once you pass that, you will be invited to their office and will speak to 2-3 interviewers in their visitor section. The onsite questions are all HR questions (strictly non-technical) and you can nail it easily with some faking about your strength and weaknesses. You could be the laziest person on earth but claim that you are the most hard-working one and people will believe you in these silly HR interviews. After that your recruiter will inform you about your selection and tell you that the compensation is fixed and no salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where your manager/professor said one thing but didn't really mean it?   Answer Question
    The compensation is fixed and no salary negotiation.

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Since I was in India, all 3 interviews were on phone. They asked about core java, collections, multithreading, jms messaging. The interviewer were friendly and gave few hints. There were few database SQL queries too.

I didn't negotiate