J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.7

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

They only go for local candidates as they want to save on travel costs associated with a non-local one. They will first have a technical phone interview with basic Java questions and also ask the technologies you know. Once you pass that, you will be invited to their office and will speak to 2-3 interviewers in their visitor section. The onsite questions are all HR questions (strictly non-technical) and you can nail it easily with some faking about your strength and weaknesses. You could be the laziest person on earth but claim that you are the most hard-working one and people will believe you in these silly HR interviews. After that your recruiter will inform you about your selection and tell you that the compensation is fixed and no salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation where your manager/professor said one thing but didn't really mean it?   Answer Question
The compensation is fixed and no salary negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I Contacted a recruiter of JPMC through Linkedin and talked to him thorugh phone about my salary requirements and my experience.Later,I was set up with Phone interview.
    It was full of C++,JAVA -Vtable,Virtual functions,Virtual base class,polymorphism etc.
    I was asked to attend telepresence interview at their Chicago office to connect with the team director in Delware.The interview was pretty the same -OOP,Design pattern etc.

Still going

Applications Developer Interview

I applied on their website. Recruiter called to set up an interview with hiring manager.It was cancelled once and finally happened over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • general IT questions and nothing tough and they asked about my existing project   Answer Question
    No neogotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

two 30 min interviews with 2 software engineers or business analysts. mostly behavior a few technical terms. the engineers were friendly, behavior questions were along the line of, how would you act in a situation where one person wanted you to leave the room and another didn't, how would you handle a task that you dont think you will finish in time, how would you handle a situation where a team member disagrees with your opinion,etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Very professional recruiter contacted me and the process was very smooth

Interview Questions
    • Most of the question was based on my experience and some algorithms and data structure question.
      Question on java exceptions , concurrency and collections.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

phone interview first and then I was called in for 1 on one interview.

Interviewed by 2 different people, general questions about my background and my resume.

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

The interview process was very standard. They are looking for basic knowledge of Java, SQL, C, etc. Extensive experience is not required, but ability to learn this stuff quickly is. My manager wanted commitment and decent communication skills.

Interview Questions
    • No question was challenging. I was casually asked what O.O.P. was.   Answer Question
    None. Just received offer.

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Since I was in India, all 3 interviews were on phone. They asked about core java, collections, multithreading, jms messaging. The interviewer were friendly and gave few hints. There were few database SQL queries too.

I didn't negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Applied to the 2 year program and they contacted me first through email. They were very quick in responding to my questions and emails. They returned to me with the first interview result the day after, and I also heard about the result of the final round within a week.

Interview Questions
    • (Phone Interview)
      Call by value vs. Call by reference
      what does Java use and what does C++ use?

View Answer
    • (Phone Interview)
      Basic SQL query statement

• (final round)
      Why do you want to work for JP Morgan?
      What would you do on your first day of work?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

I got the interview from a career fair. It was a one on one interview on campus and it lasted half an hour.
    The question were behavioral questions and a very simple programing question.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between passing variable by value or by reference in C++ and Java.   Answer Question
    • When do you think you learn the most; when a project fails or when it works fine?   Answer Question