J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Application Developer Interview

Application Developer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – i had applied to one of the openings listed on the company website, later was contacted by the HR regarding the initial set of details.
Later they scheduled a Technical Interview, in which the questions started off with
Introduction
Logical questions combined with technical skills
Later too much technical. The interviewer was pretty much satisfied.
Next day HR contacted me for a F2F interview. which was scheduled next week.
Had introduction with the hiring manager, he asked questions about my work, and told about his LOB in the company.
Then had small meeting with HR & he said that will get back to me soon. A week later got the call from HR that i have been selected for the Position. :D Made my day !!!!

Interview Question – Why you want to leave current organization?
Why Relocating to Hyderabad, since i was put up some where else.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – i got what i asked for , they didn't leave any room for negotiations.

Mumbai (India)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Interview Details – After I submitted an online application the HR called and setup a technical phone interview with the architect and hiring manager. After that I was interviewed in person by a panel of 4 people.

Interview Question – It was about writing a code on the white board. Also they asked me to write few select SQL statements involving joins.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer exceeded my expectations so I didn't have to negotiate.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 2 rounds of interview - telephonic interview and face to face video interview with a onsite project manager.
telephonic interview - covers java knowledge and project experience related questions
face to face - threads , web application, sql querys etc..

Interview Question – expect tough questions on sql query   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – keep a base salary not too high nor too low based on the market research and then negotiating a few thousands more should do it.

Applications Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – There was one hour interview on campus. The interview was pretty easy, basically it was all about why you wanna work for JPMC, and why do we should hire you instead of others. What do you see in yourself in 5 years, and some basic behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Nothing really   Answer Question

Applications Developer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – It was marginally good. There were analytical questions and logical questions mostly. Also there was an international interview round which tested communication skills. There was a technical round and a HR round which were fairly easy.

Interview Question – How would you develop an ARGO application in such a way that the application can accomodate various web services   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was mostly straight forward.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Interview Details – Good telephonic interview for two hours and then reporting for personal interview. The personal interview was technical come managerial interview of 1.5 hours.

The HR interview was one hour more. Then was given breakout. later was asked to collect offer letter later.

Applications Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's job listing directory. Once they accepted my resume, they offered an interview. There was suppose to be three 1:1 interviews but I only did two of them as they were running behind. One interview focused soley on technical questions and was very informal (They wanted you to relax and be yourself). Usually built questions off of what you answered and provided feedback on how you answered. If the manager saw that you knew your stuff, would cut the technical questions short and shoot out some skill based questions (groups, personality, etc.) to get to know you some more.

Second interview, the manager asked questions about personal stuff and to see what you knew about JP Morgan Chase (so definitely research the company). Gave more info on the position you applied for and what to expect.

From the two interviews, I could tell that I was getting the position (the two managers even talked about fighting over me/trading for me as a candidate for their team). From then on out, I had lots of communication between the HR managers and within 2 weeks I got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – The process started with a written test. It was conducted by a third party "merittrack".
The paper consists of 3 sections.
1.verbal english
2.numerical ability test
3.analytical test
the paper was easy but time is not sufficient.
verbal english consists of reading comprehension,articles,prepositions etc.
they will give papers one after the other.
they collect each paper after completion of specified time then next paper will be given.
verbel english -15Q -----20mins
numerical -20Q-----20mins
analytical -25Q------20mins.

the next day company people came , almost 15 members came to take the interviews.
initially there was PPt, later they announced the results of written test.

Interview consists of 2 rounds:
1.Technical
2.Hr & Technical

IN 1st round of interview they mainly concentrated on your project mentioned in CV and some oops and dbms concepts.

2nd round was teken by 3 members :1-hr and directors of the branch
started with the question "tell me about yourself" and why JPMorgan etc...
again they asked me about my projects.
They asked me questions like "situations like where i worked as a team player" etc.
the overall process went quite well

.....ALL THE BEST

Interview Questions

Applications Developer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was brought in to interview after attending their information sessions on campus. Built a good network with the recruiters. The interview panel consisted of one of the guys from the session and another HR guy. Questions were mostly behavioral, they asked about my internship experience and campus involvement. Were very professional and nice. Got an email a week later saying they could not continue the interview process because of my visa requirements.

Interview Question – How would you test a given code?   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview mostly consisted of the projects on my resume and a few basic concepts of java.

Interview Question – I was asked about the projects on my resume   Answer Question