J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 20, 2014

2.7

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

I had two interviews. The team was very friendly and helpful. They understood the more they helped and taught you the quicker you can contribute to the team.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to be an applications Developer?   View Answer
You can ALWAYS negotiate your salary. It never hurts to ask. Unless you are the cream of the crop, they will try to lowball you.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

I applied the position on JPMorgan Chase career website, and then got the first interview with hr in a month. Technical phone interview was set a few days later, and then invited to onsite. The onsite included 1 hour group panel technical interview, 1.5 hour one to oen with hiring manager, and 30 mins face to face with hr.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Interviewing process was extremely brief and smooth. The single interviewer did not ask a single technical question. They were mostly behavioral questions and resume confirming questions. She was professional and casual at the same time. The interview felt almost like a conversation.

The only advise I have is to look on different websites for general and behavioral interview questions. Also, get some sleep and relax.

Interview Questions
    • What are the components of SDLC?   View Answer
    • What are the three main features of object-oriented programming?   View Answer

Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

Initial Screening by HR
    Technical Phone screening by hiring department - This will be a half an hour screening with questions covering programming and data bases
    On site interview by tech team - Very comprehensive, goes through in depth technical screening.
    On site interviews are around 2 hours in duration
    White boarding of a programming problem. There can be puzzle like problems - what is tested is only approach to problem and how solution is crafted.
    Group interview
    Behavioural type of questions

Interview Questions
    No much room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

1. receive phone call, schedle interview
    2. 4 people in the interview
    3. most of questions are technique about your experince.
    4. a few days later, HR called in to offer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied for a summer internship as a junior year student. Applied online and was immediately required to complete two sets of basic online tests (Simple information processing/math on some charts, and cognitive test that you are required to find the next image based on a sequence of images) to complete the application.

Got an email within a week for a phone screening. The phone screening was completely non-technical, including questions such as Why JP Morgan and things about my past experience.

After another week I was asked to complete a online Java 6 tests (standard for financial industry I believe) that includes things from basic Java knowledge to Swing and other package specific questions. At the same time I was invited to Assessment Center.

Assessment Center includes one group discussion + presentation and two interviews. You are given a few emails, articles and other information about a project, and the group is supposed to prepare for 40 minutes, and give a 15 minute presentation + 20 minute Q&A with the assessors.

One interview was with senior engineer and one was with a manager. Again, no technical questions were involved. Things asked included my past projects, and other behavioral questions such as "when did you get into a problem that you could have avoided".

Got back to me in 2 days for an offer, but with only a week to consider.

Interview Questions

Only a week to consider the offer, too early as I was still waiting for other companies.

Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

i had applied to one of the openings listed on the company website, later was contacted by the HR regarding the initial set of details.
    Later they scheduled a Technical Interview, in which the questions started off with
    Introduction
    Logical questions combined with technical skills
    Later too much technical. The interviewer was pretty much satisfied.
    Next day HR contacted me for a F2F interview. which was scheduled next week.
    Had introduction with the hiring manager, he asked questions about my work, and told about his LOB in the company.
    Then had small meeting with HR & he said that will get back to me soon. A week later got the call from HR that i have been selected for the Position. :D Made my day !!!!

Interview Questions
    • Why you want to leave current organization?
      Why Relocating to Hyderabad, since i was put up some where else.

View Answer
    i got what i asked for , they didn't leave any room for negotiations.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds of interview - telephonic interview and face to face video interview with a onsite project manager.
    telephonic interview - covers java knowledge and project experience related questions
    face to face - threads , web application, sql querys etc..

Interview Questions
    keep a base salary not too high nor too low based on the market research and then negotiating a few thousands more should do it.

Applications Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

It was marginally good. There were analytical questions and logical questions mostly. Also there was an international interview round which tested communication skills. There was a technical round and a HR round which were fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • How would you develop an ARGO application in such a way that the application can accomodate various web services   View Answer
    It was mostly straight forward.

Applications Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Applied through my school's job listing directory. Once they accepted my resume, they offered an interview. There was suppose to be three 1:1 interviews but I only did two of them as they were running behind. One interview focused soley on technical questions and was very informal (They wanted you to relax and be yourself). Usually built questions off of what you answered and provided feedback on how you answered. If the manager saw that you knew your stuff, would cut the technical questions short and shoot out some skill based questions (groups, personality, etc.) to get to know you some more.

Second interview, the manager asked questions about personal stuff and to see what you knew about JP Morgan Chase (so definitely research the company). Gave more info on the position you applied for and what to expect.

From the two interviews, I could tell that I was getting the position (the two managers even talked about fighting over me/trading for me as a candidate for their team). From then on out, I had lots of communication between the HR managers and within 2 weeks I got a call with an offer.