J.P. Morgan

2.9

37 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Mortgage Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Went through one phone interview and three in-person interviews. The HR Recruiter took 2-3 weeks to contact me even though I received a "We are interested" reply which said I would be contacted within 3 days, and notwithstanding I followed up through email three additional times. I was tossed around by 4 different team supervisors through multiple interviews, always interviewing with a different person than I was scheduled for. Never getting to the right person. Was talked to like I would get the job but then strung along for 3 months of circus before I finally squeezed a decision out of them, which was that they couldn't make a decision so it was a pass. I am more than qualified for this job and glad I didn't hire on because the management incompetence was glaring.

Their training program lasts two weeks and is very poor. My friend went through it and said they don't properly cover the systems used and thus feels unprepared to be on the phones though willing to learn but not supported.

Interview Questions
    • "How did you hear about this job?" is the first question.   View Answer

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

The interview was very straight forward and I was asked questions about specific examples of different customer service scenarios (e.g. A time when you had to deal with an angry customer). There was one point where the interviewer excused himself and then took literally ten minutes to get back and I could of swore he was just behind me in the lobby conversing with others. He then asked any questions I had and put me to his assistant who asked me questions as well.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult questions was likely one of the questions where he asked "Give me an example of a time when you dealt with a customer..". Sometimes you just have nuver run into a time where you dealt with the specific situations.   Answer Question

Licensed Relationship Banekr Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

The interview consists of a 2-3 interview process. The questions are as by the book as you can come by with many situational quesitons asked as well.

Interview Questions
    There was no salary negotiation.

Quality Control Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Apply and download a resume online. HR is fairly current and will contact you if they feel you are qualified for an interview. You will either be directed to the hiring manager/supervisor to schedule an interview or the HR rep will schedule one for you. Depending on the line of business HR will negotiate your salary prior to an interview with a floor and ceiling amount or if authorized the hiring manager will negotiate that at the time of the interview. Chase was fairly accomodating during the whole procedure. If chosen you will be expected to pass a background, drug and reference check. After that you will report to security for a badge the day before you report to work.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer
    Very easy. I asked for 45k - they accepted.

Senior Mortgage Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

They had a job fair over a two day on a weekend. After waiting 3 hours there was an initial face-to-face meeting with a member of the human resource team -- but not a manager. Consisted of several behavior questions and a review of the work experience on the resume. I passed that and was ask to wait for the next round of interviews. We waited another 45 minutes to an hour and was called for a second interview with a senior manager. This was more aggressive and asked specific questions to measure our mortgage industry knowledge. It went well and they said OK to head home and they would contract me if interested. Five days I was contacted and hired.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question
    No negotiation allowed.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

The process was orginized, got there early they took me in when the appt was scheduled . The interview last 30 minutes. They asked a few fairly easy questions, it took 3 days to hear anything back.

Interview Questions
    • When reviewing an appraisal what areas would you be most concerned with.   View Answer
    • What documents would you request for a self employed individual.   View Answer

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

phone interview with recruiter, than another phone interview with branch manager and a personal phone interview with the district manager as I did not live close by. Once I was in the area, had a final in-person interview with the district manager before being offered the job

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions on how to sell certain banking products/how to go about talking to a customer   Answer Question
    Was told by recruiter the base pay and commission but got offered $4,000 more after final interview

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Online tests are tricky. Be alert and focus on what Chase would expect from an employee.

Interview Questions
    • The test was time consuming. Is it necessary?   View Answer

Customer Assistance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

I applied several times and was declined, I then contacted the recruiter and requested an interview and was scheduled for one, I then got the job. When I was hired they offered me 1 amount, then after they saw my performance and knowledge of the field, they gave me a salary increase.

Interview Questions
    Nothing. It was a take it or leave it type deal.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

I went to a Job Fair and was interviewed on the spot by a VP. The VP never asked any relavent questions. Laughed and joked the entire time. Worst interview I have ever had. Few days later a recruiter called and offered me the job. Had to have a drug test, background check and credit check.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked of me, other than do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate