J.P. Morgan

Very Easy Interview

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview, 1 in person interview

Interview Question – How do you calculate Partnership Income?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I initially said no and when they increased the offer I accepted.

Teller Interview

Teller
Chandler, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, did pre interview questions with recruitetr, then inperson interview with branch manaagment. Many questions were around cash handeling and my history balancing cash. Other questions were around following policy, and working together as a team.

Interview Question – History with difficult co-workers. Describing a situation where coworkers did not get along, and what was done to improve or resolve the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me salary based on experince. The deal was take it or leave it. Chase does not negotiate it's hiring offers.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

Interview Details – All job postings are listed within the career section of the JPM website. For the best success on obtaining an interview, find someone who is willing to recommend you for the position or communicate with your recruiter often. Many of the job postings will fill quickly or can be cancelled just as quickly, so it is best to secure an interview as soon as the job is posted.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The Salary for the Mortgage Bankers and Lending Managers is non negotiable.

Senior Mortgage Processor Interview

Senior Mortgage Processor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – They had a job fair over a two day on a weekend. After waiting 3 hours there was an initial face-to-face meeting with a member of the human resource team -- but not a manager. Consisted of several behavior questions and a review of the work experience on the resume. I passed that and was ask to wait for the next round of interviews. We waited another 45 minutes to an hour and was called for a second interview with a senior manager. This was more aggressive and asked specific questions to measure our mortgage industry knowledge. It went well and they said OK to head home and they would contract me if interested. Five days I was contacted and hired.

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation allowed.

Customer Assistance Specialist Interview

Customer Assistance Specialist
Tempe, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews; first was a phone interview that lasted about 15min, it was a joke the person on the phone did not appear to have any interview experence and asked basic questions about previous employment.

second interview was a face-to-face with an AVP this was a behavioral and lets get to know one an other interview. Nothing difficult I would consider it a typical interview.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation it was a take it or leave it offer

Collector Interview

Collector
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – First you get contacted by a recruiter, mine was very nice and professional. Next, I had an interview which, for me, was very "black and white". the two guys who interviewed me had 0 personality. The questions had nothing to do with my experience and/or the position, which obviously is what i had prepared for.

Interview Question – what part of yourself do you need to work on?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I could tell by the interview, it wasn't a good match for me.

Mortgage Sales Consultant Interview

Mortgage Sales Consultant
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – Went through one phone interview and three in-person interviews. The HR Recruiter took 2-3 weeks to contact me even though I received a "We are interested" reply which said I would be contacted within 3 days, and notwithstanding I followed up through email three additional times. I was tossed around by 4 different team supervisors through multiple interviews, always interviewing with a different person than I was scheduled for. Never getting to the right person. Was talked to like I would get the job but then strung along for 3 months of circus before I finally squeezed a decision out of them, which was that they couldn't make a decision so it was a pass. I am more than qualified for this job and glad I didn't hire on because the management incompetence was glaring.

Their training program lasts two weeks and is very poor. My friend went through it and said they don't properly cover the systems used and thus feels unprepared to be on the phones though willing to learn but not supported.

Interview Question – "How did you hear about this job?" is the first question.   View Answer

Training Officer I Interview

Training Officer I
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Interview Details – It was a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. Never got a chance to speak to any of the team members and didn't see the office environment either. That was the only interview and got offered the job.

Negotiation Details – I asked for more money and got it.

Teller Interview

Teller
Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was very straight forward and I was asked questions about specific examples of different customer service scenarios (e.g. A time when you had to deal with an angry customer). There was one point where the interviewer excused himself and then took literally ten minutes to get back and I could of swore he was just behind me in the lobby conversing with others. He then asked any questions I had and put me to his assistant who asked me questions as well.

Interview Question – Most difficult questions was likely one of the questions where he asked "Give me an example of a time when you dealt with a customer..". Sometimes you just have nuver run into a time where you dealt with the specific situations.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Relationship Manager Interview

Relationship Manager
Tempe, AZ

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

Interview Details – I went to a Job Fair and was interviewed on the spot by a VP. The VP never asked any relavent questions. Laughed and joked the entire time. Worst interview I have ever had. Few days later a recruiter called and offered me the job. Had to have a drug test, background check and credit check.

Interview Question – No questions were asked of me, other than do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate