J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews in Arizona

36 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Assistance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

The process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

I applied several times and was declined, I then contacted the recruiter and requested an interview and was scheduled for one, I then got the job. When I was hired they offered me 1 amount, then after they saw my performance and knowledge of the field, they gave me a salary increase.

Interview Questions
    Nothing. It was a take it or leave it type deal.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

The process was orginized, got there early they took me in when the appt was scheduled . The interview last 30 minutes. They asked a few fairly easy questions, it took 3 days to hear anything back.

Interview Questions
    • When reviewing an appraisal what areas would you be most concerned with.   View Answer
    • What documents would you request for a self employed individual.   View Answer

Mortages Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

Room interview with 20 other candidates. Progressed to the second round of interviewing a floor up. After passing through another interview I was brought up to the 3rd floor where five others were simultaneously being interviewed. 1-1 interview. Be yourself because by the end of the interview I had the HR professional pitching me to join. Stay relaxed, discuss past real-work experience situations (very typical questions).

Interview Questions
    • If a manager was not available, how would you solve a work-related crisis?   View Answer

Conflicted with another engagement.

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Online tests are tricky. Be alert and focus on what Chase would expect from an employee.

Interview Questions
    • The test was time consuming. Is it necessary?   View Answer

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Phone interview was pleasant, focused around my ability to make sales.

Low pay

Fraud Protection Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Applied online for the position and received a call from a recruiter the following day. She explained to me the basic job requirements and asked me questions reguarding information from my online app, my current and previous jobs, and my general customer service experience. Following this phone interview, she set me up for an in person interview at the corporate office 2 days later. The in person interview consisted of me talking to 2 of the floor managers for the postion for about 30 minutes and then the senior manger after that. The in person interview was just like any other, they asked me very typical interview questions, why I thought I would be good for the job, etc. After speaking witht the senior manager, she told me they had some more people to interview but that they would let me know what they decided in a few days. Not even 2 hours later I recived a call for the original recruiter I had spoken to on the phone and she said they would like to offer me the position! After formally accepting the offer, I had to do a background check, fingerprinting, and a drug test. Overall, I was very pleased with how quickly the whole process went and how nice everyone was that I spoke to. I'm definitely looking forward to starting my career with Chase! My advise to anyone applying for any postion in this company would be to ASK QUESTIONS during the interview! I went on their website prior and read some information about the company that I wanted to know more about, and when I brought it up to senior manager, she really liked that I was asking! Asking questions just makes you seem more prepared and more interested in the job and company.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time when you had to deal with an irrate customer, use details.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was needed.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

I applied online and after about a week got a call from the headquarters to set up an appointment with the local corporate office. I was interviewed by two managers who were both very friendly and laid back. After the interview they stated I will hear back from them in a week. I didn't, so I called the only number provided to me (which was the headquarters) and she said she hasn't heard from the managers who interviewed me and she'll get back to me after she talks to them. I still haven't heard anything 3 weeks later, so I guess I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to explain a policy to an upset customer and what did you do to help him understand.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Have you information together... know you stuff about how to manager a brach

there was none

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2008.

First step was a phone interview including the traditional "Tell me about yourself" statement. The other few questions were to determine knowledge of Customer Service skills in a call center environment. Although it was not mentioned, the phone interview seemed key to determining how your voice and personality came across over the phone.

Was informed immediately after phone interview of in-person interview. This was a 1:1 interview where questions were based on knowledge of skills and scenario-based questions. Interview was 45 minutes in length and interview was very knowledgeable and personable.

By the time a second interview was offered, I accepted another position.

Interview Questions

I turned down the second interview because I accepted a position with another company where I could start immediately.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

It was a group interview with three managers. It was one of the easiest and most comfortable interviews I have ever been on. I was offered the job right after the interview.
    I would only suggest that you be yourself. It seems like they went based on my experience and personality. I was not asked any Star Questions like "Tell me one of your weaknesses" or "Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a supervisor". So I was relieved by that.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you did at your last job?   View Answer