J.P. Morgan Assistant Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.3

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2015.

Interview

I had two telephone interviews with dept. peers. The first interview was enlightening. the interviewer provided me with a detailed description of what the job entailed. I moved on to the 2nd interviewer. The 2nd interviewer seems like s/he had already interviewed someone that s/he felt was a better fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that is not on your resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone screen followed by two in-person interviews. Starts with fundamentals and goes into details and I suggest a solid Java fundamentals knowledge would be a good thing before the interview.

Interview Questions

• In person interviews are a kind of deep dive. I had the second in-person interview for 1.5 hrs covering most of the Java programming skills.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I was called because an employee referred me to the position. My resume fit well with the job description. I was overly qualified for the position but it was a way into a great firm. I spoke with the Group Head, Manager, VP and other subordinates.

Interview Questions

• Why would you leave your current job for a lower salary and title?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interivew with five people on conference call. Detailed questions regarding background, experience, and hypothetical scenarios on how I would deal with a case.

Interview Questions

• Asked about how I would handle a case - specific steps.   2 Answers

Negotiation

HR is very friendly and you can ask for more money and they may be able to get it to you.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

4 technical round and one hr round.process was smooh. interview calls were on time. need to wait at least half an hour inspite they ask to come 10 minutes before. Interview is friendly .they involve you in good dicscuuion and give to brainstorm on the questions asked

Interview Questions

• show many to many relation using one table   1 Answer

good

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

5 rounds of interviews including two telephonic from NYC and a live Java coding test in the office. Questions on Java. Spring, Servlets, Mongo DB, SOAP and REST services, design patterns. Overall good interviews but few questions were very bookish. From the interviews it didn't seem like the organisation is at par with latest market technology trends.

Expectations not matched

Assistant Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Standard interview consisting of Behavioral and "fit" questions.

Interview Questions

• What is functional obsolescence and give me an example?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate, it can't hurt. I got an extra 5k.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

I have ever had such bad interview experience. attended several rounds of interview over one month period 1 telephonic, 2 rounds f2f, 1 on site call, again 2 rounds of f2f. at the end no out put. i dont think any candiate is bad after 7 rounds of interview. Interview panel doesnt have caliber how to screen. Interviewer can not expect same weightage to secondary skill as primary skill. they call for one skill, they do interview for other. given stupid reason after 7 rounds. its waste of time, taking risk of bunking office. they just play with you. they are not pay masters.. even dont have standars and process on technical as well as people management. think twice thrice befor applying...

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bournemouth, England (UK)) in April 2011.

Interview

3 rounds of interview, one with manager, one with SME and manager and one with HR

Interview Questions

• You must know how bank makes money, and your job inside out...   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was pushed down on salary. HR team was very aggressive and kept me pushing to accept a lower salary rate my misleading me to believe that they have an amazing healthcare package (gimmicks)

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was a detailed process - with 5 telephonic and 3 face to face rounds. Telephonic was with the recruitment and HR teams and was technical in nature.

Interview Questions

Did not like the way feedback was handled