J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interivew with five people on conference call. Detailed questions regarding background, experience, and hypothetical scenarios on how I would deal with a case.

Interview Question – Asked about how I would handle a case - specific steps.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – HR is very friendly and you can ask for more money and they may be able to get it to you.

Assistant Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I was called because an employee referred me to the position. My resume fit well with the job description. I was overly qualified for the position but it was a way into a great firm. I spoke with the Group Head, Manager, VP and other subordinates.

Interview Question – Why would you leave your current job for a lower salary and title?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 5 rounds of interviews including two telephonic from NYC and a live Java coding test in the office. Questions on Java. Spring, Servlets, Mongo DB, SOAP and REST services, design patterns. Overall good interviews but few questions were very bookish. From the interviews it didn't seem like the organisation is at par with latest market technology trends.

Interview Question – None except for a few theoretical bookish ones   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Expectations not matched

Assistant Vice-President Interview

Assistant Vice-President
Bournemouth, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview, one with manager, one with SME and manager and one with HR

Interview Question – You must know how bank makes money, and your job inside out...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was pushed down on salary. HR team was very aggressive and kept me pushing to accept a lower salary rate my misleading me to believe that they have an amazing healthcare package (gimmicks)

Assistant Vice President

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Standard interview consisting of Behavioral and "fit" questions.

Interview Question – What is functional obsolescence and give me an example?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate, it can't hurt. I got an extra 5k.

Bangalore (India)

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – I have ever had such bad interview experience. attended several rounds of interview over one month period 1 telephonic, 2 rounds f2f, 1 on site call, again 2 rounds of f2f. at the end no out put. i dont think any candiate is bad after 7 rounds of interview. Interview panel doesnt have caliber how to screen. Interviewer can not expect same weightage to secondary skill as primary skill. they call for one skill, they do interview for other. given stupid reason after 7 rounds. its waste of time, taking risk of bunking office. they just play with you. they are not pay masters.. even dont have standars and process on technical as well as people management. think twice thrice befor applying...

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was a detailed process - with 5 telephonic and 3 face to face rounds.

Telephonic was with the recruitment and HR teams and was technical in nature.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Did not like the way feedback was handled

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Assistant Vice President interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.