J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Had a total of five interviews. One telephone with HR, two in person at location with my future team and 2 with other individuals from bank. Whole process took about two months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary was firm.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Please be wary of applying for multiple positions at JP Morgan. I applied for two positions and interviewed for both positions which were for different teams within the company. Both hiring managers sent offers for both positions. Electronically, I accepted the offer for the position I wanted and declined the second offer. I contacted the hiring leader of the position I decined to thank her for her time and let her know I would be pursuing another position at the comapany - which I thought was the courteous thing to do. Within 2 days iIstarted to receive really rude emails from the recruiter for the position i declined telling me that I displayed "lack of candor" in the interview process and both offers would be declined. I currently work for another fortune 500 company and candidates often choose between 1 or more offers. Apparently JP Morgan would like for candidates to select the first offer that comes their way. Be very wary when applying at this company. i was one day away from putting in my 2 weeks notice at my current job when all of this transpired.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. A common one was "how do you handle a difficult person"?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was rigid. One offer added the bonus into the salary as a second item to meet my requirements but was still a few k short of what I desired.

Associate Interview

Interview

Recruiter contact, online application. 2 phone interviews before on site interview day. 5-6 in person and conference call interviews on site the day of. On the on site portion I was placed in a conference room in one of their downtown (financial district offices) and the interviewers were brought in throughout the day to conduct the interviews. This was for a technical position and most questions reflected real business use cases faced in the past or that the team was currently facing.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would design an application system to maximize efficiency, minimize response time, and create the best user experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward process. Met with a few different members of the group and talked mostly about my experience and what my views were on the market. Some of the questions caught me by surprise but if you work in the industry they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

Was offered another position at another firm

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Not too much technical questions, went to the headquater for meeting with 5 managers directors, mostly behavior questions, some questions are about statisitcal modeling, variable selection, etc, standard questions.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Current i am in transition because my job was move out-of state, that process is used practice racism - strong word but true

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Was referred by an employee to apply online. Fairly simple application form. Was invited to a phone interview which was not the typical HR generalist filter. It was with a junior associate, who focused almost exclusively on quantitative questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions on dilution, valuation and financial accounting   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview

The process was a traditional MBA school process.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Dallas, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

5 separate interviews. Took 4 months to get an offer. Very hard getting a response to questions from internal recruiter on the timeline. 3 hour interview with multiple managers and co-workers.

Associate Interview

Interview

Very behavioral interview. Networking before interview was absolutely the key to get the job. They want to know you are able to sell yourself in ways beyond just interview. The whole networking process is really just part of an extended interview process. It also can be important to ask for the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell an investor to allocate their portfolio   Answer Question

Took other job