J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied at JP on a job fair. I got a call 4 months later, asking me if I was still interested. Some days latter after the call they sent me a link for an online assessment test. Test was with question focussed in math and logical problems. You can find most of the questions with their answers through the ultimate career interview in app store.

Second step was Panel Interview they wanted to know more about my personality and what i wanted to do and achieve there.

Interview Question – A manager asked me in the interview: Given the opportunity would you take my position.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied to the position a month or two before the recruiter called me, but once he contacted me, the entire process took less than a month. The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager and a colleague at my level. The second round of interviews was with my skip level manager and the managing director for the group. The interviews were all 30 minutes each and very relaxed, informal.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, at all. The interviews were all conversational with general questions about my experience/background. I spent more time asking the interviewers questions and listening to them talk about their experiences than them asking me questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They came in a little bit lower than what I wanted, but I was desperate to leave my employer at the time so I accepted.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Interview Details – Not too much technical questions, went to the headquater for meeting with 5 managers directors, mostly behavior questions, some questions are about statisitcal modeling, variable selection, etc, standard questions.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward process. Met with a few different members of the group and talked mostly about my experience and what my views were on the market. Some of the questions caught me by surprise but if you work in the industry they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Question – What are your views on Alternatives?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was offered another position at another firm

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Current i am in transition because my job was move out-of state, that process is used practice racism - strong word but true

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details – The process was a traditional MBA school process.

Interview Question – Unlike other banks, you can expect brain teasers   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Very behavioral interview. Networking before interview was absolutely the key to get the job. They want to know you are able to sell yourself in ways beyond just interview. The whole networking process is really just part of an extended interview process. It also can be important to ask for the job.

Interview Question – How would you tell an investor to allocate their portfolio   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took other job

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Was perviosly part of Bear Stearns and merged with JPM. Not much of official interview

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2009.

Interview Details – totally 3 interviews, 2 phone and one onsite interview. Interview panel was pleasant and strong technically.

Interview Question – how do you avoid conflicts?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Simple interview on technology side, lame very basic questions. Tech round super easy, Guess it depends on the interviewer as well.

Senior management questions same as were asked in 1990s, strengths, weaknesses etc. Nothing challenging. Overall not a big deal to clear interview for a tech job

Interview Question – Well you applied for a full time position, what if I were to hire you as a consultant.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Try not to have a recruiter in between while negotiating a salary, recruiters typically don care what you get. They get their share 20-30% on your salary, so if you get a job for 60k or 70k they are not bothered, but getting you a job is their aim so they can get their share.
Some recruiters give you false information on the bonuses etc. I cannot provide their info here, but be aware while negotiating any offers.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!