J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Interviewed with everybody on the team (8 total interviews) some several times. All interviews were more to see if I fit with the team culture. Waited several weeks after the last interview before hearing anything from recruiter which I suppose is typical. Was asked how much I needed in order to move firms and received exactly that amount as an offer.

Interview Question – Interview process was more conversational.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just gave me exactly what I asked for.

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – I joined in as Quality Assurance Analyst for the Fixed Income Derivatives team. The questions were pretty alright

Interview Question – Would you be able to manage the work life balance. In retrospect, it was a challenge to work for a bank although it seemed pretty straight forward at the beginning.   View Answer

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Was perviosly part of Bear Stearns and merged with JPM. Not much of official interview

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Very behavioral interview. Networking before interview was absolutely the key to get the job. They want to know you are able to sell yourself in ways beyond just interview. The whole networking process is really just part of an extended interview process. It also can be important to ask for the job.

Interview Question – How would you tell an investor to allocate their portfolio   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Took other job

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Current i am in transition because my job was move out-of state, that process is used practice racism - strong word but true

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – I was very disappointed with the interviews. They interviewd me for EJB and I cleared. I took up the offer. After that, I was asked to work on EXT-JS and UI related things.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question - Are you willing to work late   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details – Standard interview with straight forward questions. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

Interview Details – Through agency, standard written and numerical test, 2x 1: interviews, no real probing questions.

Interview Question – Explaingin education   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2008.

Interview Details – Hiring is simple but many rounds are involved and everyone asks similar type of questions. Questions are very basic

Interview Question – i dont remember anything of such sort asked in the interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered a good pay so negotiation

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

Interview Details – I had applied to the position a month or two before the recruiter called me, but once he contacted me, the entire process took less than a month. The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager and a colleague at my level. The second round of interviews was with my skip level manager and the managing director for the group. The interviews were all 30 minutes each and very relaxed, informal.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, at all. The interviews were all conversational with general questions about my experience/background. I spent more time asking the interviewers questions and listening to them talk about their experiences than them asking me questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They came in a little bit lower than what I wanted, but I was desperate to leave my employer at the time so I accepted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Associate interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.