J.P. Morgan

Updated Feb 10, 2015
Updated Feb 10, 2015

3.1

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

First written round with some theoretical and mutiple choice questions. After that a programming round. Followed by three to four techinical discussions. In each of the technical discussions, they ask to write a code for a problem.
I had to travel to the office atleast 4 times for all the interviews. In the end I was knocked out in a round filled with Tomcat questions. I feel familializing with Tomcat is an easy thing to do. I wish they had concentrated more on the coding skills. Finally this interview was not worth it since I did not get a honest feedback.

Interview Questions
  • Questions were on Java, threading, fork join pool, ThreadLocal etc. Since they work on Tomcat a lot they ask a lot of Tomcat questions. This was negative for me since I did not know many production level configurations.
    Every round had a algorithm evaluation. Questions were easy like Tracking the max number from a stream of numbers, Exalute an expression, calculating the max difference in an unsorted array, binary tree traversal etc.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Associate Interview

Recruiter contact, online application.
    2 phone interviews before on site interview day.
    5-6 in person and conference call interviews on site the day of.
    On the on site portion I was placed in a conference room in one of their downtown (financial district offices) and the interviewers were brought in throughout the day to conduct the interviews.
    This was for a technical position and most questions reflected real business use cases faced in the past or that the team was currently facing.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would design an application system to maximize efficiency, minimize response time, and create the best user experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Was referred by an employee to apply online. Fairly simple application form. Was invited to a phone interview which was not the typical HR generalist filter. It was with a junior associate, who focused almost exclusively on quantitative questions.

Interview Questions
    • Questions on dilution, valuation and financial accounting   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Contacted by HR via LinkedIn, after that had one phone interview with HR.
    After HR had two technical interviews with employee, one interview with panel of managers.
    One more technical interview with managers from another team.

Interview Questions
    • Disadvantages of using Hibernate. What pros and cons using SAX and DOM for XML parsing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

I had applied to the position a month or two before the recruiter called me, but once he contacted me, the entire process took less than a month. The first round of interviews was with the hiring manager and a colleague at my level. The second round of interviews was with my skip level manager and the managing director for the group. The interviews were all 30 minutes each and very relaxed, informal.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, at all. The interviews were all conversational with general questions about my experience/background. I spent more time asking the interviewers questions and listening to them talk about their experiences than them asking me questions.   Answer Question
    They came in a little bit lower than what I wanted, but I was desperate to leave my employer at the time so I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Not too much technical questions, went to the headquater for meeting with 5 managers directors, mostly behavior questions, some questions are about statisitcal modeling, variable selection, etc, standard questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Pretty straight forward process. Met with a few different members of the group and talked mostly about my experience and what my views were on the market. Some of the questions caught me by surprise but if you work in the industry they shouldn't be too hard to answer.

Interview Questions

Was offered another position at another firm

Associate Interview

I was very disappointed with the interviews. They interviewd me for EJB and I cleared. I took up the offer. After that, I was asked to work on EXT-JS and UI related things.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Very detailed and gradual interview process

other opportunities

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Current i am in transition because my job was move out-of state, that process is used practice racism - strong word but true