J.P. Morgan Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

3.1

Associate Interview

Interview

Was perviosly part of Bear Stearns and merged with JPM. Not much of official interview

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Simple interview on technology side, lame very basic questions. Tech round super easy, Guess it depends on the interviewer as well. Senior management questions same as were asked in 1990s, strengths, weaknesses etc. Nothing challenging. Overall not a big deal to clear interview for a tech job

Interview Questions

• Well you applied for a full time position, what if I were to hire you as a consultant.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Try not to have a recruiter in between while negotiating a salary, recruiters typically don care what you get. They get their share 20-30% on your salary, so if you get a job for 60k or 70k they are not bothered, but getting you a job is their aim so they can get their share. Some recruiters give you false information on the bonuses etc. I cannot provide their info here, but be aware while negotiating any offers.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR via LinkedIn, after that had one phone interview with HR. After HR had two technical interviews with employee, one interview with panel of managers. One more technical interview with managers from another team.

Interview Questions

• Disadvantages of using Hibernate. What pros and cons using SAX and DOM for XML parsing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in May 2011.

Interview

Interview was pretty good and straight forward. The interview was mostly technical type and some communication skills. Interview was pretty good and straight forward. The interview was mostly technical type and some communication skills. Interview was pretty good and straight forward. The interview was mostly technical type and some communication skills. Interview was pretty good and straight forward. The interview was mostly technical type and some communication skills.

Interview Questions

• Asked about some tools and build work ?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2009.

Interview

totally 3 interviews, 2 phone and one onsite interview. Interview panel was pleasant and strong technically.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online then contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview which lasted about half an hour. Talked about background and motivation for applying to the job and JP Morgan. A week later was invited for an interview on site, which lasted an hour. Mixture of motivation and competency questions. The interviewers were nice and friendly, which gave me postive experience of the company.

Interview Questions

• How good are you with Excel? Why this role/department in particular?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore (India)) in November 2014.

Interview

First written round with some theoretical and mutiple choice questions. After that a programming round. Followed by three to four techinical discussions. In each of the technical discussions, they ask to write a code for a problem. I had to travel to the office atleast 4 times for all the interviews. In the end I was knocked out in a round filled with Tomcat questions. I feel familializing with Tomcat is an easy thing to do. I wish they had concentrated more on the coding skills. Finally this interview was not worth it since I did not get a honest feedback.

Interview Questions

• Questions were on Java, threading, fork join pool, ThreadLocal etc. Since they work on Tomcat a lot they ask a lot of Tomcat questions. This was negative for me since I did not know many production level configurations. Every round had a algorithm evaluation. Questions were easy like Tracking the max number from a stream of numbers, Exalute an expression, calculating the max difference in an unsorted array, binary tree traversal etc.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

I was very disappointed with the interviews. They interviewd me for EJB and I cleared. I took up the offer. After that, I was asked to work on EXT-JS and UI related things.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Very detailed and gradual interview process

other opportunities

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Got a call from HR about the position and my interest. HR scheduled the first telephonic discussion with the technical panel. Next day HR called that I have cleared the first round and I will need to come down to their office in Mumbai for further discussions. Attended 3 more rounds 1 technical & 2 were high level (with VPs). Same day HR discussion happened and my salary expectation & other aspirations were noted by the HR. While leaving HR told me that there would be one more final technical discussion with the US counterpart (VP). After 3 days got the call from HR about the US round. It was a pure technical round and I would say toughest among all, for around 1. hours. After 3 days HR called me that feedback is positive and we will offer you. After that day I didn't receive any call from HR then I called them (luckily I had HRs mobile no), he told me that approvals are in progress and will take some time. I waited for one more week but no response. Next week I called the HR again and they told me that same story. Same thing happened again and I waited for 2 weeks this time. I called the HR and he said that the position I was interviewed is went on hold but they will offer me and are looking for approvals for some other position in the same dept. I waited for more than 3 weeks and called him again and got the same response , finally after some days got the call from HR , he apologize for the delay and justified the delay. He asked me about my expectation and I quoted the figure. Next week I got the LOI finally. They offered me what I asked so no negotiation. :)

Interview Questions

• Technical discussions were little high level and were above avg.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me what I asked so no negotiation.