J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 26, 2014

2.5

97 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Received a call from HR for a brief telephone interview. A few days later got a call from an Asst. Branch Manager to come into branch for a face-to-face interview. I was interviewed by the Branch Manager and Asst. Branch Manager. Typical behavioral questions asked during interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to deal with an unsatisfied customer and how did you deal with him/her?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Applied and got contacted a week after by a recruiter. I was scheduled for an in person interview with the branch manager. Went pretty well, very relaxed interview, he told me i was over qualified (of course yes with an MBA). Well, i love chase and don't mind starting off as a teller, i m positive i will advance very easily

Interview Questions
    • A customer walks into the branch, how would you approach them in a business and professional manner.   Answer Question
    i did not negotiate. i was offered 11.50.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

1. Submitted application, completed online math/psychology test.
    2. Four days later received an invitation for an online video interview, answered a set of questions. Took less than thirty minutes.
    3. Several hours later contacted by recruiter, recommending a face-to-face interview with the hiring manager.
    4. Several weeks later completed a short interview at a Chase bank, short, less than thirty minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions: 'Explain your experience with an irate customer and how you handled the situation.'
      'What does customer service success sound, look, and feel like, to you?' Some video questions included, 'Explain a proud moment in your working life.' 'What goals have you set at work and did you accomplish them?' 'What did you learn about yourself in these situations?'

Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied online and 2 weeks later they sent an email to do a video interview. There were set questions that were on the screen and you had to answer them while it was recorded. Kinda felt like I was talking to myself.

Interview Questions
    • All basic questions like why you want to work for chase?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied online for a bank teller. Had to do an assessment test with math questions and also customer service questions. A week later received an email for a video interview. I do not have a webcam or a smart phone so I emailed back letting them know that I don't have the tools to do so but am very much interested and could do a phone interview or face to face. Two hours later she called for a phone interview but I was at work and couldn't answer my phone. I have called and left messages but never got a call back. Yes it's 2014 but everybody doesnt have a webcam. It just sucks that I missed out on a job because I wasn't able to do a video interview. Video interview was meant to make it easier but I rather have spent time going to meet them in person.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Took two weeks to hear back from them. I got an unexpected call from the assistance manager asking me if im still interested in the position, then we set up an interview in 2 days.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself? A difficult situation with customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2014.

I applied online within the next week got a call from recruiter I did about a 15 min phone interview with them which went good after that she forward my app to the district manager who then called me a couple of days later to do a face to face interview i did 2 with him n a Branch manager.

Bank Teller Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Takes about a month. Know customer service questions and you'll do fine.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The manager would call you within two weeks if he/she likes your resume. You would either be interviewed by both the branch manager or assistant manager. Once hired, the recruiter will call you and ask rather or not you accept the offer. Once accepted, they will send you a package ( Fedex Envelope) of paperwork for you to fill out. Once you are clear of background check, they will start putting you through a training program for five days ( paid).

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    They usually will tell you at the end of the interview what your hourly wage most likely to be

Bank Teller Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Submit an application online, wait to hear from a recruiter, set up an interview. If offered, must meet several requirements and pass training to become a teller.

No negotiating for this position allowed.