J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
89 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Long Process due to background checks as well as making sure you have people skills. You will be asked multiple behavioral questions at the branch you are interviewing than if you are considered for the position you will meet immediately with another manager of a branch.

Interview Question – To get a customer to open an account by standing on the street and encouraging people to come to the bank.   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – I got interviewed by the assistant branch manager and branch manager. They observe your actions since you walk into the branch, eve as your sitting in the lobby.

Interview Question – There all expected questions from any interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no, they offer you a base salary and you choose whether to take the position or no

Bedford, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – Completed an online application, and within a day was contacted by a recruiter via email to complete a video interview online (Skype). Later that day I was connected by the same recruiter by phone to let me know that the branch manager will be contacting me to conduct an in-person interview. Branch manager called the next day to setup interview. The following week interviewed with the branch manager and assistant manager. They were both very friendly and spoke highly of Chase's desire to promote within. They said they were making a decision within the next week.

Interview Question – The questions were all customer service base. What would if you had an unhappy customer? Your idea of customer service.   Answer Question

Peoria, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details – Shortly after completing the online application (a rather long process) I received a call from a local recruiter. The recruiter was very friendly and asked a few general questions. Nearly minutes after talking with the recruiter, the local branch called to schedule an interview.

The interview process was very clear and straight forward and the branch staff was friendly.

Interview Question – "What is my idea or perception of perfect customer service?"   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview Details – 30 minute phone interview: asked behavior questions as well as basic customer service questions (how did you handle a difficult experience, most difficult time with a customer, etc.)

Called in for interview: typically two interviews, but mine was with two managers at once. Basic questions about previous jobs and behavior questions. Overall trying to know you as a person, not an employee.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you resolved a difficult customer situation. What happened? What did you do? How could you have improved the situation?   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – They will ask how good you are with the numeric keypad, what experience you've had before, what are your long term/short term goals, you need to know what FDIC stands. It would be nice if you do a little research ahead of time and know monetary deposit limits, when you need to report, etc.

Interview Question – The only unexpected or difficult question they could really ask you about is any bank acronyms.   Answer Question

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – Online application, assessment of skills and aptitude for working in a highly confidential banking environment (questions are tricky and meant to trip you up...read carefully...think about prior answers), if you pass your resume is passed onto hiring manager of the branch you designate your application to, after a phone interview an in person interview with branch manager, then hiring decision is made.

Interview Question – Very easy in person interview questions if you have any customer service experience. If you have experience handling confidential matters the easier the interview will be.   Answer Question

Bank Teller

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2009.

Interview Details – Very friendly and professional. Were really impressed with interview skills and contacted by HR for hire 30 minutes after interview was over with an offer.

Very Easy Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – The interviewing process was great and went smoothly. I received a call from the manager a week after I applied to Jp Morgan Chase. The bank was clean and the associates had a good attitude and greeted me as soon as i opened the door.

Interview Question – All of the questions that she asked were very simple.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – first was a phone interview then a call a few days later from the manager then one more interview which was pretty basic

Interview Question – how would you suggest a checking account to a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was offered a salary and accepted