J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – interview on campus which was one interview with two people. heard back two weeks later that i had been invited to participate in a super day. Went to the super day where I had two 2-1 interviews. Heard back later that day that i was extended an offer.

Interview Question – nothing really, basic market related question, stock pitch, behavioral   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Client Services Interview

Client Services
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2013.

Interview Details – I received an initial call where they asked me about why I was interested in the position. After a brief conversation they sent me documents to be signed and returned so that they may perform a compliance check. I was told a week later that I would not be further considered for the position.

Interview Question – When is a time that you had a difficult client service experience and what did you do to turn that into a positive experience for the client?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

Operations Analyst Development Program
Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – Found on university career website. Two back to back interviews each 30 minutes long with separate people.

Interview Question – Tell me how you see the company performing in the next 5 years.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I had one interview that resulted in an offer; the process was extremely quick; no complaints about the interview process (in 2006)

Interview Question – Just typical, tell me about this role, questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation available

Senior Fund Accountant Interview

Senior Fund Accountant

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with Human Resources. Then came in for one interview in Boston meeting with 4 different managers. Finally heard back from the firm about a month later with an offer.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty typical and standard for an interview.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Tell us about a time that you worked in a team?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was right out of college and regretfully didn't negotiate.

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Interview Details – Why JPMorgan

Interview Question – there was no difficult question they were all standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They tried to lowball me I bring the offer up by 1,000

Tax Analyst Interview

Tax Analyst
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2012.

Interview Details – I got referenced by my friend. I was well prepared for the interview. I check the location on weekend. they search all interview questions and typed out the answers. Just similar to prepare a finial exam. The people who interviewed me were nice. And I got most of the questions right. "tell me about yourself". "why we hired you?'

Interview Question – if I make a call to your current employer, what do you think they will commend you? even I didn't get hired at the first time, the team liked me.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – I was surprised that the recruiter sounded very young and was in another city. I was turned off by the lack of knowledge the recruiter had about the job when I asked questions.
Interview Questions were basic, what are your strengths, etc. I also felt the recruiter agressively proded me about my former salary, as to try to weed me out quickly.

Interview Question – What was your salary and bonus at your former employer   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Boston, MA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – pretty arrogant actually. didn't even want to be a part of it.

Interview Question – i have mba's applying for this job. why would i ever hire you?   Answer Question

Hedge Fund Accounting Specialist Interview

Hedge Fund Accounting Specialist
Boston, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Interview Details – I had three interviews onsite at JP Morgan and one final interview on the phone. The process is pretty straightforward; basically, they look at your resume and ask some background questions. There aren't any really tough behavioral or problem-solving type questions. Be sure to do your research on hedge funds and what JP Morgan Hedge Fund Services does, and you'll probably be fine.

Interview Question – What's your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't really negotiate. It seemed like it was kind of take it or leave it, but I assume this is often the case for entry level jobs at large firms. It took them about 10 minutes to describe the entire benefits package, which is to say, the benefits are pretty good.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!