J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – online application, phone interview, district manager interview, market manager interview

Interview Question – what is customer service to you? what does it look like feel like?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they hire anon with banking experience

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – There is an assessment that has to be passed first. Then wait for a a call in for an interview then it will be first the hiring manager then the manager above them.

Interview Question – All questions discussed are involved with a "Tell me about a time"   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Branch Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – As an internal candidate the decision is communicated to you before you actually get the position. So you should be very aware if it is going to happen or not. If you haven't had the decision communicated to you by the DM, its not going to happen.

Interview Question – All questions easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, it is just an offer - accept or decline.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

Interview Details – 1 interview with a panel of 12 District Managers. Intimidating YES. They are trying to see if all parties agree that they are willing to have you in their district. They must have more than half of the District Managers say yes to offer a position.

Interview Question – All questions were typical for the position, situational is there style of question, tell me about a time when you had to break policy to help a customer? what was the situation? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Chase really does not like to negotiate at all. you have a much better chance if you are coming from outside the firm but as I was an internal candidate there was no potential for negotiation. If fact my manager has retracted offers to multiple people trying to negotiate. Right now companies can afford to hire less expensive with the same or better quality.

Branch Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

Interview Details – Connected with Chase by meeting a recruiter at a job fair. After a brief discussion of my skills and giving the recruiter a resume, I departed with recruiter's contact information. No word for 2 weeks and I sent a followup email and was invited to interview. The one-on-one interview was with a District Manager. Why do you want to work in the banking industry? What's your leadership style?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very lengthy. Consisted of a phone interview followed by two in-person interviews over the course of 3 months.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty forward and normal for a business interview e.g. how would you handle this situation, what kind of leader are you, what would you do if...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward, no negotiating.

Branch Manager

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Interview Details – Spoke with recuiter on the phone first. Met with her in person, she asked clarifying questions regading my overall management experiance. I guess I passed because I was then introduced to 3 district managers who asked questions "rapid fire" style! Finally I was introduced to the Market Manager

Negotiation Details – I tried but it seemed they were bound by some time of metrics system

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview Details – In branch interview two hours with three Bank managers

Interview Question – What are your weakness   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better offer came in

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – This was quick, I interviewed with a panel of DMs and then with a senior manager.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, except why did you leave your last employer and why chase.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When they ask your previous salary, that is going to be the offer. So make sure you say what you want not what you last received.

White Plains, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Interview Details – Great Phone Call from recruiter, very flexible and set up interview with District Executive. DE was very professional and looking to make interview very professional. Was more interested in why I was no longer with my previous employer of ten years than what my skills and what I could do for Chase. Interview lasted an hour, I had excellent references and had previous experience with position I was interviewing for. DE did not extend an offer but stated I could interview for an entry level personal banker position. Stated I could work myself up in organization from this position. If you can't see that I have the experience (sixteen years of retail branch banking) then I don't want to work for your organization.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would grow deposits in your branch ?   View Answer
  • How would you coach an employee who is not meeting performance goals ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Would have to interview with a branch manager for entry level position. If you are the DE and feel I was a good candidate there should be no reason for another interview. If you can't make up your mind don't pass a candidate on to someone else. Have some guts and make the decision yes or no.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!