J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Denver, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

In branch interview two hours with three Bank managers

better offer came in

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Interview

Spoke with recuiter on the phone first. Met with her in person, she asked clarifying questions regading my overall management experiance. I guess I passed because I was then introduced to 3 district managers who asked questions "rapid fire" style! Finally I was introduced to the Market Manager

Negotiation

I tried but it seemed they were bound by some time of metrics system

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very lengthy. Consisted of a phone interview followed by two in-person interviews over the course of 3 months.

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty forward and normal for a business interview e.g. how would you handle this situation, what kind of leader are you, what would you do if...   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight forward, no negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Denver, CO) in November 2010.

Interview

1 interview with a panel of 12 District Managers. Intimidating YES. They are trying to see if all parties agree that they are willing to have you in their district. They must have more than half of the District Managers say yes to offer a position.

Interview Questions

• All questions were typical for the position, situational is there style of question, tell me about a time when you had to break policy to help a customer? what was the situation? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Chase really does not like to negotiate at all. you have a much better chance if you are coming from outside the firm but as I was an internal candidate there was no potential for negotiation. If fact my manager has retracted offers to multiple people trying to negotiate. Right now companies can afford to hire less expensive with the same or better quality.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Branch manager trainee ----Very long if external candidate (2 months was my experience thus far) I believe they post the requisition and since its a trainee position they probably don't rush hiring. I feel they just wait to see how many applicants they get and then they can be very selective. I started with applying online as an employee referral, I was then contacted by a recruiter to complete an online interview (one month after first applying ( Hirevue webcam screening is done for the recruiter) following that i had a face to face interview. I interviewed with 2 district managers. 1st one was hiring manager. I met 2nd district manager 1 1/2 week later (no communication in between), he was a peer who probably was giving a 2nd opinion to the hiring district manager. Nearly two weeks later I get the decline ( not by email but by logging in to check my application status.

Interview Questions

• Why Chase ?
      Why did you leave your last job ?
      How would you grow deposits in the branch ?
      How did you achieve customer experience goals ? (overall satisfaction)
      What locations are you interested in ? (I applied to different locations)
      What are Chases top priorities ?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in June 2011.

Interview

1. Recruiter reached out to me and went over my resume and discussed highlights to it. Asked about my familiarity with Chase. Then stated she would schedule me an interview with the District Manager
    2.District Manager
    3. Market Manager

Interview Questions

• A ton of situational questions...With a ton of them being focused on the customers experience   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

Interview

Connected with Chase by meeting a recruiter at a job fair. After a brief discussion of my skills and giving the recruiter a resume, I departed with recruiter's contact information. No word for 2 weeks and I sent a followup email and was invited to interview. The one-on-one interview was with a District Manager. Why do you want to work in the banking industry? What's your leadership style?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2010.

Interview

Have you information together... know you stuff about how to manager a brach

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was none

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (White Plains, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Great Phone Call from recruiter, very flexible and set up interview with District Executive. DE was very professional and looking to make interview very professional. Was more interested in why I was no longer with my previous employer of ten years than what my skills and what I could do for Chase. Interview lasted an hour, I had excellent references and had previous experience with position I was interviewing for. DE did not extend an offer but stated I could interview for an entry level personal banker position. Stated I could work myself up in organization from this position. If you can't see that I have the experience (sixteen years of retail branch banking) then I don't want to work for your organization.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you would grow deposits in your branch ?   1 Answer
    • How would you coach an employee who is not meeting performance goals ?   1 Answer

Would have to interview with a branch manager for entry level position. If you are the DE and feel I was a good candidate there should be no reason for another interview. If you can't make up your mind don't pass a candidate on to someone else. Have some guts and make the decision yes or no.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview

Standard process, recruiter pre screens and then you are notified if you are selected for an in person interview with a district manager. After interview there was a phone interview with the market manager, drug and background tests before the offer was formally made.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have relevant to the position applying for?   Answer Question