J.P. Morgan Branch Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2014

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

In branch interview two hours with three Bank managers

better offer came in

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Very lengthy. Consisted of a phone interview followed by two in-person interviews over the course of 3 months.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty forward and normal for a business interview e.g. how would you handle this situation, what kind of leader are you, what would you do if...   Answer Question
    Very straight forward, no negotiating.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Spoke with recuiter on the phone first. Met with her in person, she asked clarifying questions regading my overall management experiance. I guess I passed because I was then introduced to 3 district managers who asked questions "rapid fire" style! Finally I was introduced to the Market Manager

I tried but it seemed they were bound by some time of metrics system

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

1 interview with a panel of 12 District Managers. Intimidating YES. They are trying to see if all parties agree that they are willing to have you in their district. They must have more than half of the District Managers say yes to offer a position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were typical for the position, situational is there style of question, tell me about a time when you had to break policy to help a customer? what was the situation? what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Chase really does not like to negotiate at all. you have a much better chance if you are coming from outside the firm but as I was an internal candidate there was no potential for negotiation. If fact my manager has retracted offers to multiple people trying to negotiate. Right now companies can afford to hire less expensive with the same or better quality.

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2013.

Connected with Chase by meeting a recruiter at a job fair. After a brief discussion of my skills and giving the recruiter a resume, I departed with recruiter's contact information. No word for 2 weeks and I sent a followup email and was invited to interview. The one-on-one interview was with a District Manager. Why do you want to work in the banking industry? What's your leadership style?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

Interview process was very good. I met with 2 different DM's on seperate days. They both asked about my management experience, did a sales role play on coaching and set their expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you were able to motivate your sales staff during this tough economic environment.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rolling Meadows, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter. She invited me to apply to one of her openings. After applying, she followed up to schedule the interview. She told me that it was about 1 1/2 hour long process, it ended up taking over 3 hours. I was interviewed by two different DMs, then the market manager. Besides the long wait with no reading materials, it was a very pleasant experience. Mostly behavior based questions and role plays.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to coach a banker who was unsuccessful.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were able to get an upsell out of a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Great Phone Call from recruiter, very flexible and set up interview with District Executive. DE was very professional and looking to make interview very professional. Was more interested in why I was no longer with my previous employer of ten years than what my skills and what I could do for Chase. Interview lasted an hour, I had excellent references and had previous experience with position I was interviewing for. DE did not extend an offer but stated I could interview for an entry level personal banker position. Stated I could work myself up in organization from this position. If you can't see that I have the experience (sixteen years of retail branch banking) then I don't want to work for your organization.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you would grow deposits in your branch ?   View Answer
    • How would you coach an employee who is not meeting performance goals ?   View Answer

Would have to interview with a branch manager for entry level position. If you are the DE and feel I was a good candidate there should be no reason for another interview. If you can't make up your mind don't pass a candidate on to someone else. Have some guts and make the decision yes or no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Have you information together... know you stuff about how to manager a brach

there was none

Branch Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Standard process, recruiter pre screens and then you are notified if you are selected for an in person interview with a district manager. After interview there was a phone interview with the market manager, drug and background tests before the offer was formally made.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have relevant to the position applying for?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!