J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Interview Details – Have you information together... know you stuff about how to manager a brach

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – there was none

Very Easy Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2010.

Interview Details – First contact will be via email, asking you to call a specific recruiter to set up a phone screen. The phone screen is pretty basic, no real interview questions- just a review of your experience. In person interview is with 3-4 different people in a round robin format. You'll meet with several DM's and their boss.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for chase?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – One of the DM's and the Market Mgr were complete morons. Both of them were extremely process and number oriented. Anytime I spoke about managing "people", they were at a loss. It was very obvious they didn't have a clue and were used to managing as opposed to leading. The scary thing is that both of them were chase lifers and had been in leadership positions for a long time. Its no wonder that Chase has high turn over, low job satisfaction, and terrible moral. I was extremely turned off by my interaction with their chicago leadership, it felt more like I was interviewing at a manufacturing plant or something.

Rolling Meadows, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter. She invited me to apply to one of her openings. After applying, she followed up to schedule the interview. She told me that it was about 1 1/2 hour long process, it ended up taking over 3 hours. I was interviewed by two different DMs, then the market manager. Besides the long wait with no reading materials, it was a very pleasant experience. Mostly behavior based questions and role plays.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to coach a banker who was unsuccessful.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you were able to get an upsell out of a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Branch Manager

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I thought that the interview process was very laid back and effortless. Was a little disappointed that they left out that the branch was located within a Kroger/ Wal-mart until after the interview was over.

Interview Question – What is an item you can't live without? and sell me that item.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I did not want to work at a branch located within a Kroger or Wal-Mart

Branch Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – 3 interview system starting with a District manager, followed by a Market manager. If you pass all the interviews you receive a job offer which can be flexible in negotiation to a degree. Push for what you are worth and you will get further.

Interview Question – Why do you think you can be successful leading a team in the financial market and what unique vision do you bring to the table.   View Answer

Branch Manager

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Interview Details – Standard process, recruiter pre screens and then you are notified if you are selected for an in person interview with a district manager. After interview there was a phone interview with the market manager, drug and background tests before the offer was formally made.

Interview Question – What experience do you have relevant to the position applying for?   Answer Question

Branch Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process was very good. I met with 2 different DM's on seperate days. They both asked about my management experience, did a sales role play on coaching and set their expectations.

Interview Question – Tell me how you were able to motivate your sales staff during this tough economic environment.   View Answer