J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

4 weeks process apply on J.P. Morgan's carrier web and get an interview opportunity from recruiter 2 interviews, one with recruiter and the other one with ED Interview last for half an hour ask for case, behavior, and technique questions no unexpected questions interviewers are very nice and kind get the offer two weeks after the interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

After resume screening, I was invited to an hour-long OCI interview. It was a half hour each with two different executive directors. Mostly behavioral questions, some technical. Overall, not difficult if you find out what JP Morgan is about and tell them why you are truly interested in the position. No superday, got a call 1 week letter with an offer- letter came via email a couple days later and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was actually more relaxed than I had anticipated. The questions were pretty much very general and had nothing to do with company processes. One of my interviewers said that this was because the whole reason we are interviewing for this company is to one day gain that experience, so they didn't need us to know it off the bat. And while I'm on the topic, I also had two interviewers (about 30 minutes each). They were extremely nice and understanding. One recommendation I do have is to go in and be human. Relax, and talk about your experience as you answer questions. Both interviewers got extremely off topic as we both got lost in an interesting conversation, which might do more for you than all of your "fancy talk." I marked NO on the job offer because I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but I'm optimistic :)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick, a call from a recruiter, and with in 2 days I had a face to face interview. The 2 supervisors who interviewed me we very courteous and professional yet they did a good job of keeping the atmosphere welcoming and and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Describe strengths and weaknesses, conflict resolution, and teamwork questions   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Two round interview. One was on campus and the other one was a super day. There will two back to back interview on super day. The difficulty of question mostly depends on who is the interviewer. Some of them prefer behavior question and some of the prefer tech question. Make sure you get prepare for both because you do not know who would be your interviewer on the Super Day. I interviewed last November but get no response after that.

Interview Questions

• What is the most embarrass situation you have ever met?   3 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. One with the direct manager and two co-workers. The second with upper management. Relatively informal and painless. I knew the hiring manager so I'm guessing this had something to do with the laid back nature of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions relative to the position. How would I handle a particular situation and why I was interested in the job. No questions on strengths or weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered the salary offer and it was declined.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Question: What is the importance of a flow chart? Answer: When answering this question you need to make it clear that you understand what this tool is used for. A flow chart is a tool that provides a graphical representation of a process. This chart will make a system easy to understand for everyone that is involved with the project that is underway. Question: What is a use case model? Answer: A use case model is a tool that is used to describe the business environment. The goal of the tool is to show the actions and events that take place during a given process that is performed by an actor. Question: What is UML modeling? Answer: UML stands for Unified Modeling Language. It is the standard in the industry for visualizing, documenting and constructing various components of a system. The interviewer will likely want to know that you understand how each of these tools is used in the daily life of a business analyst professional. It is crucial that you can describe the methods and techniques used for each tool in a manner that shows you know what you are talking about. Check out the following course to better understand financial modeling and be informed when you answer questions at your interview. Question: What is an activity diagram and why is it significant? Answer: The purpose of an activity diagram is to provide an outline of work flow in the business, including the action and activities that are completed. For example, with a company there is likely to be more than one department, with various access levels to the system. If there are departments including HR, Medical and Accounting, they only have access to the screens that relate to their work. An activity diagram will be used to highlight the differences in the departments, which is extremely helpful for developers when they are coding and designing. Question: What is the role and responsibility of a business analyst? Answer: If you are interviewing for the position of a business analyst, you should be able to answer this question without much thought. Some of the jobs of a business analyst will include comparing facts and figures, listening to managers and shareholders to provide effective solutions for problems and the negotiation of issues between departments. Check out the course on business analysis to learn more about your role in this position.

Interview Questions

• Question: How well do you understand Risk and Issue?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I interviewed about a month before the position was posted after being contacted by a manager internally (I work as a contractor). It has now been 4 months, the position continues to be posted as accepting applications - but I've had no feedback other than when it actually posted and that I could formally apply.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions - didn't have a job description for the position but was asked about qualifications for Visio, etc   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

1. After you applied online through company career website, you will get an email from the recruiter. 2. I got a phone call from 2 associates currently working in the team 3 After finishing a 2-1 interview, you will be told to wait for response

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

It began with an on-campus interview. Interviewer was a nice manager. After two weeks, I got a call for a "Super Day", which had a whole day interview schedule. I got two interviews from two different managers. People there were very nice and the environment was very nice, too. After one month, the recruiter asked for my information about my schedule. However, I did not get any inform after that. Recently when I tried to resign for another position I found that I cannot even receive any email from JP Morgan but can receive email from their recruiters.