J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

I had 2 interviews that were 30 minutes each. Both were fit questions where I talked about myself. The interviewers were MDs in the firm and were really nice. They were funny during the interview. They never asked any unusual questions or questions that would cause me to fidget and squirm.

Interview Questions
There was no room for negotiation as I was going an analyst program.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 face-to-face before receiving an offer. The interviewers were all direct but cordial and I felt very comfortable with all of them. This employer requires credit and background checks, along with fingerprints and drug screening. Because I came in through a consulting firm, I can't offer any insight into their onboarding practices.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you got stakeholders to accept a new process   View Answer
    I'm a contractor, so there was a set rate.

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

The interview was directly with the hiring manager, HR contact was only to set-up interview. Excellent company to go right after graduation because they have a good support process for advancement. Manager mostly asked questions about my favorite classes and classes where I ecelled at and asked me for any difficulties as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Hiring happens usually through a placement agency. Shortlisted candidates are interviewed over the phone. Usually there are four phone interviews prior to hiring, followed by a day or two of in person interviews. Phone interviews are screening processes to eliminate the bad apples. First interview is usually by a junior analyst followed by senior BA and then a VP.

Interview Questions
    • Site a mistake you made in your previous job and how you did you overcome it.   View Answer
    Negotiation was made by the middle man who was the placement agency.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Phone screening with HR. Phone interview with a VP then an ED. Brought in for in person interview with the same VP and ED plus another VP that works closely with the team. Whole process took over 3 months to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for variables I would need in order to forecast staffing needs for operation capacity.   Answer Question

Accepted another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Had to interview with 6 people before reaching the point of being offered a position. The process was long and exceptionally draining having it include 4 interview sessions ranging from 30 minutes (one) to 5 hours with a tremendous amount of redundancy in the questions and answers. I was interviewing in parallel with 3 other companies, my life was interviewing 12 hours 3 days in a row. Hiring process was ridiculously slow. From offer to start was over a month because even though I was "rushed through" they didn't get my drug screen results and took 10 days to contact me to even verify I had taken them, which I did the first day I could.

Interview Questions
    • Who are the other companies you are interviewing and how much money are they offering you?   View Answer
    Simple, but inappropriate. I was made an offer based on knowing what the competition was offering, not what my value is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

women in tech event submitted resume

Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

It was a 4 step interview process. The first step was just a general round of Q&A about myself and my previous experience. The second and third rounds were the fun part where I had to explain about my previous roles and case scenarios which I would have to face in future as a part of my role for JPMC. the Final step was the HR round where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

I had to decline a wonderful offer because of personal reasons

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Applied on JPMC career website. 2 Interviews

Interview Questions
    • Describe most difficult experience in previous position?   View Answer
    I gave them my salary expectations based on payscale.com and they more than matched what I was asking for.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!