J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

On campus interview and two in person interviews with a presentation

Interview Questions
  • Was asked to prepare and give a detailed presentation within 12 hours of the interview time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

It was a 4 step interview process. The first step was just a general round of Q&A about myself and my previous experience. The second and third rounds were the fun part where I had to explain about my previous roles and case scenarios which I would have to face in future as a part of my role for JPMC. the Final step was the HR round where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

I had to decline a wonderful offer because of personal reasons

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Applied through campus and process took 3+ weeks in total with 3 rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Current Events question- Why did the 2008 crisis happened?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

3 one to one interview with VP, PM, and specialist

Interview Questions
    • who difficulties you encountered with your teammate? and how you come around to solve it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2008.

Nice People, first I did online tests which consists of numeracy and verbal reasoning tests and was invited at AC. was great experience. there I did group work, 30 min *3 competency based interviewed 3 different managers. lastly presentation topic is given, 10 min prep + 10 min presentation.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest decision you ever made and why?   Answer Question
    • Tell about a time when you helped individual to learn something new   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Had to interview with 6 people before reaching the point of being offered a position. The process was long and exceptionally draining having it include 4 interview sessions ranging from 30 minutes (one) to 5 hours with a tremendous amount of redundancy in the questions and answers. I was interviewing in parallel with 3 other companies, my life was interviewing 12 hours 3 days in a row. Hiring process was ridiculously slow. From offer to start was over a month because even though I was "rushed through" they didn't get my drug screen results and took 10 days to contact me to even verify I had taken them, which I did the first day I could.

Interview Questions
    • Who are the other companies you are interviewing and how much money are they offering you?   View Answer
    Simple, but inappropriate. I was made an offer based on knowing what the competition was offering, not what my value is.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

women in tech event submitted resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Process consisted of several parts;
    1st round - phone screen (HR)
    2nd Round - on site interview (Hiring Mgr; existing team member)
    3rd Round - EVP

2 rounds of negotiations - initial offer; counter; final offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

It was a 1:1 interview in a small room. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the questions were straight forward. The interview didn't take longer than half an hour. I was quite nervous beforehand but the interview was comfortable and stress free.

Interview Questions

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!