J.P. Morgan

Updated Jan 23, 2015

3.1

49 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2008.

Nice People, first I did online tests which consists of numeracy and verbal reasoning tests and was invited at AC. was great experience. there I did group work, 30 min *3 competency based interviewed 3 different managers. lastly presentation topic is given, 10 min prep + 10 min presentation.

Interview Questions
  • What was the biggest decision you ever made and why?   Answer Question
  • Tell about a time when you helped individual to learn something new   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

3 one to one interview with VP, PM, and specialist

Interview Questions
    • who difficulties you encountered with your teammate? and how you come around to solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

I was referred to this job opening by an employee of the firm. Although this position was in a different department than my contact, having the connection essentially got me the interview. I'm not sure if I would have gotten called for an interview if I didn't have the connection, and I also probably would have passed on applying if I wasn't referred to this job specifically. It seemed they were looking for someone with more experience than I had, and preferred an MBA- a degree I do not yet have. Fortunately I do have more-than-competent technical skills, which seemed to be the most important qualification.

First I spoke with the hiring manager over the phone, and after a brief conversation, I was invited in for a face-to-face interview. I was also provided with the job requisition #, as the online application still needed to be completed for the hiring process.
    I met the manager a few days later at their corporate office in midtown- I had been told that he was very nice but also very demanding, and he came across as just that- friendly but seriously professional (I thought these were all good things). He started out by having me talk about my current job and previous internships, basically running through my resume. Then he talked briefly about the job and what it entailed, and then proceeded to ask technical (mostly excel-related) questions. For a few questions he utilized a dry erase board to illustrate spreadsheet data and formulae. After he was satisfied with my answers, we spent a lot more time talking: about the position, his department, the lines of business they support, the corporate structure etc. He also asked me what I could see myself doing twenty years down the road. He told me a little bit about his career as well. At the 'end' of the interview, I was asked what questions I had. This happened quite a few times, and I eventually went blank with what else I could ask. I said something to the extent of, 'I think you did a great job covering what I was going to ask, so I think I'm all set regarding questions.' He seemed happy with our interview, and told me he'd be in touch. The interview probably lasted about 2 hours.

About a week had passed when I received a call from someone in HR to schedule a phone interview. This particular interview never actually happened due to a scheduling conflict with the interviewer.
    The recruiter got in touch with me a few days later to go over information I had provided, which basically turned into an interview itself. After the weekend had passed, the hiring manager called and offered me the position. I asked for a small amount of time, and verbally accepted shortly after.

The next day a recruiter called me and set me up with someone from the on-boarding team. My offer letter was forwarded via email, along with detailed instructions for on-boarding.

On-boarding included the following:
     I-9 Form- filled it out online and then had to show original identification docs to an HR rep
     Drug test- went to a local LabCorp with the form they provided
     Background check- filled out an online application and was fingerprinted
     Employment paperwork- mostly all filled out online

I was cleared to start about two weeks after I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions
    Nothing was really negotiable. Maybe if I was a bit more bold I would have found out otherwise, but it seemed like the offer was it. I had hoped for more money but was thankful for the opportunity. I also knew this was truly a 'career' position with tons of potential, and I couldn't complain about 4 weeks vacation (overtime exempt).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

It was a 1:1 interview in a small room. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the questions were straight forward. The interview didn't take longer than half an hour. I was quite nervous beforehand but the interview was comfortable and stress free.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

On campus interview and two in person interviews with a presentation

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to prepare and give a detailed presentation within 12 hours of the interview time.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Applied through campus and process took 3+ weeks in total with 3 rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Current Events question- Why did the 2008 crisis happened?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

It was a 4 step interview process. The first step was just a general round of Q&A about myself and my previous experience. The second and third rounds were the fun part where I had to explain about my previous roles and case scenarios which I would have to face in future as a part of my role for JPMC. the Final step was the HR round where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

I had to decline a wonderful offer because of personal reasons

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

women in tech event submitted resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Had to interview with 6 people before reaching the point of being offered a position. The process was long and exceptionally draining having it include 4 interview sessions ranging from 30 minutes (one) to 5 hours with a tremendous amount of redundancy in the questions and answers. I was interviewing in parallel with 3 other companies, my life was interviewing 12 hours 3 days in a row. Hiring process was ridiculously slow. From offer to start was over a month because even though I was "rushed through" they didn't get my drug screen results and took 10 days to contact me to even verify I had taken them, which I did the first day I could.

Interview Questions
    • Who are the other companies you are interviewing and how much money are they offering you?   View Answer
    Simple, but inappropriate. I was made an offer based on knowing what the competition was offering, not what my value is.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.