J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick, a call from a recruiter, and with in 2 days I had a face to face interview. The 2 supervisors who interviewed me we very courteous and professional yet they did a good job of keeping the atmosphere welcoming and and not intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Describe strengths and weaknesses, conflict resolution, and teamwork questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a face to face first round interview. I had received a call 4 days after applying in order to arrange a 1:1 interview. Friendly atmosphere. The interviewer firstly explained to me what exactly they are working on and told me to ask whatever I want in order to get a dipper understanding of the procedures they follow. He continued asking for my questions during the whole interview. He paid great attention on my studies but it was probably because I do not have extended working experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several things about my CV, why do I really want this position and why I think that I am suitable. I was also asked to describe a financial instrument, like swaps.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

It was very good, structured interview process, though it was time taking, it was worth attending the interview. There was a paper based test initially and later there were two technical rounds. Finally after all these were done, there was a HR round for discussing salary related issues

Interview Questions

• Mostly on business analysis and my previous work experience and the projects that i have worked on   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The first round was with two people on the various BA concepts and the second round was face to face with various technical and functional knowledge and then the final round was with HR to discuss on salary package and confirmation on selection, and then no responses for any emails and calls from the HR end, and these people are very unprofessional and can always make a point instead of making people wait for unreasonable time, after a month when I checked there career portal where I was asked to upload the CV it shows my candinature is no longer under consideration , it is a total waste of time and effort - better to stay away from them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

4 weeks process
    apply on J.P. Morgan's carrier web and get an interview opportunity from recruiter
    2 interviews, one with recruiter and the other one with ED
    Interview last for half an hour
    ask for case, behavior, and technique questions
    no unexpected questions
    interviewers are very nice and kind
    get the offer two weeks after the interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

It began with an on-campus interview. Interviewer was a nice manager. After two weeks, I got a call for a "Super Day", which had a whole day interview schedule. I got two interviews from two different managers. People there were very nice and the environment was very nice, too. After one month, the recruiter asked for my information about my schedule. However, I did not get any inform after that. Recently when I tried to resign for another position I found that I cannot even receive any email from JP Morgan but can receive email from their recruiters.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

1. Meet in lobby
    2. looked 4 reception
    3. found reception, name was candice.
    4.checked in
    5.told her my story
    6. brought me to room for interview
    7. conducted interview
    Overall it was a good experience. I will never forget how much of a good experience it was. If I had to describe the experience I had, I would describe it as a "good experience". Candice was nice

Interview Questions

• behavioral and technical stuff   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

1. Same day 2 phone interview with a project manager and a senior business analyst lead and 1 in person in NYC office with the group's Executive Director
    2. Two phone interviews the same day 3 weeks later as a follow-up
    3. A in-person interview as the 3rd round with the actual hiring/reporting manager in NY office location

Interview Questions

• PM: Describe your leadership style? Describe a difficult scenario you faced as a BA and how you overcame that? Describe your past BA roles? What are your strengths and weakness?

BA Leads: Describe your past projects? How do you gather and analyze requirements? What tools have you used to do uml diagrams? How do you develop use cases and user stories?

Executive Director - Have you written user stories? What would your approach be for developing user entitlement requirements for a global system? What is your career objective? What are you presently doing?

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Interview

Internal move from within the firm. It's typically easier to move within the firm because their acquiring you below market value. Once they've decided I was deemed appropriate for the role, it was a matter of getting the transfer approved.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was actually more relaxed than I had anticipated. The questions were pretty much very general and had nothing to do with company processes. One of my interviewers said that this was because the whole reason we are interviewing for this company is to one day gain that experience, so they didn't need us to know it off the bat. And while I'm on the topic, I also had two interviewers (about 30 minutes each). They were extremely nice and understanding. One recommendation I do have is to go in and be human. Relax, and talk about your experience as you answer questions. Both interviewers got extremely off topic as we both got lost in an interesting conversation, which might do more for you than all of your "fancy talk." I marked NO on the job offer because I'm still waiting to hear back from them, but I'm optimistic :)