J.P. Morgan

Updated Oct 21, 2014

3.1

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

It was very casual and was a very long time ago. I do not remember much about the interview. It started off with a phone conversation with the human resources department. I also met with a project manager and a couple developers before being offered the job. Very conversational interview.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

Please review all the reviews on Glassdoor. I spent many time to review all the possible questions and prepare the answer for each questions. The interview for summer intern is very typical. 30min back to back interview with two manager. First is behavior, second on is technical. Nothing crazy. I am very comfortable and relax during the interview process. Make sure you always link the answers to the project or previous working experience. They like story telling. So far the best interview experience I had. Don't be nervous. Be confident about very word you say. You should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Can you write a PHP code? Such as hello world   Answer Question
    • What type of people you want to work with?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about a change you want to made to the technology you use right now?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

I had 2 interviews that were 30 minutes each. Both were fit questions where I talked about myself. The interviewers were MDs in the firm and were really nice. They were funny during the interview. They never asked any unusual questions or questions that would cause me to fidget and squirm.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation as I was going an analyst program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

I had 3 telephone interviews and 1 face-to-face before receiving an offer. The interviewers were all direct but cordial and I felt very comfortable with all of them. This employer requires credit and background checks, along with fingerprints and drug screening. Because I came in through a consulting firm, I can't offer any insight into their onboarding practices.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you got stakeholders to accept a new process   View Answer
    I'm a contractor, so there was a set rate.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was referred by a current employee, two rounds of interviews, one with the manager and the other with director. Standard behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, was more or less a conversation with both interviewers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

The interview was directly with the hiring manager, HR contact was only to set-up interview. Excellent company to go right after graduation because they have a good support process for advancement. Manager mostly asked questions about my favorite classes and classes where I ecelled at and asked me for any difficulties as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Hiring happens usually through a placement agency. Shortlisted candidates are interviewed over the phone. Usually there are four phone interviews prior to hiring, followed by a day or two of in person interviews. Phone interviews are screening processes to eliminate the bad apples. First interview is usually by a junior analyst followed by senior BA and then a VP.

Interview Questions
    • Site a mistake you made in your previous job and how you did you overcome it.   View Answer
    Negotiation was made by the middle man who was the placement agency.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Phone screening with HR. Phone interview with a VP then an ED. Brought in for in person interview with the same VP and ED plus another VP that works closely with the team. Whole process took over 3 months to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for variables I would need in order to forecast staffing needs for operation capacity.   Answer Question

Accepted another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Had to interview with 6 people before reaching the point of being offered a position. The process was long and exceptionally draining having it include 4 interview sessions ranging from 30 minutes (one) to 5 hours with a tremendous amount of redundancy in the questions and answers. I was interviewing in parallel with 3 other companies, my life was interviewing 12 hours 3 days in a row. Hiring process was ridiculously slow. From offer to start was over a month because even though I was "rushed through" they didn't get my drug screen results and took 10 days to contact me to even verify I had taken them, which I did the first day I could.

Interview Questions
    • Who are the other companies you are interviewing and how much money are they offering you?   View Answer
    Simple, but inappropriate. I was made an offer based on knowing what the competition was offering, not what my value is.