J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

40 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Interview Details – On campus interview and two in person interviews with a presentation

Interview Question – Was asked to prepare and give a detailed presentation within 12 hours of the interview time.   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Interview Details – Career center at school. "Canned" interview. 1st behavioral questions. Tell me a situation youwould have changed your reaction or response. 2nd interview technical. Software development life cycle.

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Intern . Accepted and recieved a bonus to start.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Recruiter set me up with this interview. I was supposed to come in and meet with 4 different people. Only 2 people of the 4 showed up that day. The questions were not hard at all and I remember my first impression to be that this team is very laid back and possibly a bit unstructured. At that time, it was what I thought I wanted coming from a very structured and strict team.

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult at all. But I don't think this reflects the nature of all interviews at Chase. Just this particular team/group.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It wasn't difficult. The recruiter negotiated for me and I got what I asked for.

Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Interview Details – on campus recruiting presentation, on campus interview, on site interview

Interview Question – How can your research question be applied by banks?   Answer Question

Fannin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2008.

Interview Details – What I was interviewed for was not needed forthe position. The requirements in the interview were not needed for the job taken

Interview Question – Draw the topology of the last employer network.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview took process took about three weeks, but really the timing was long because of the number of people to be seen. There were a number of persons to be seen. It pays to be very patient during this time. Be upfront and honest about what you know and what you do not know. You may even be asked to provide work samples that do not reveal configential information. If you have this, provide it.

Interview Questions

• Situation where you added value to group or process   View Answer
  • Situation dealing with a difficult customer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was fare and it pays to note that there was not push to "accept this or else". You have the opportunity to negotiate, but it is strongly believed that you have to get a feel for how the process is going and your comfort level with the process. In orthers you will know if you are getting offered the best you are going to get ofr if you should "push".

Tampa, FL

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – I gave JPMorgan Chase my resume at a university career fair. They called me several weeks later to set up an on-campus interview. A month after that interview, chosen candidates were brought down to their office in Tampa Florida for their interview Super Day-- a process involving 3 interviews and a presentation. Following the Super Day, JPMorgan Chase endeavored to respond to each applicant within two days regarding a job offer.

Interview Question – What is the difference between a Linked-List and an Array?   Answer Question

Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by JP HR team, followed by the phone interview. A week later, the group interview was set up. There were 4 people in the meeting, I thought the interview went well. They were asking questions from my resume and IT business analyst experiences.
It took about 30 minutes. A week later, I called to check on the status, they never called back nor informed me that I did not get the position.

Interview Question – Best way to estimate the project size   View Answer

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – General behaviors questions. But the interviewer has very strong accent so I have trouble understanding what he was talking.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to impressive your colleagues in the first 90 days?   Answer Question
  • Description an experience that you did something beyond your expectation in the previous year.   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially brought in for a 1:1 interview and was actually interviewed by the hiring manager and also their peer. Over the next two weeks I had several phone interview with various people on the team and other managers. About two weeks after the final interview I was contacted by the HR recruiter and made an offer.

Interview Question – Describe some of the projects you've worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I was offered the position at the minimum salary I initially requested when speaking with the HR recruiter.

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan