J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014

3.1

45 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

On campus interview and two in person interviews with a presentation

Interview Questions
  • Was asked to prepare and give a detailed presentation within 12 hours of the interview time.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

on campus recruiting presentation, on campus interview, on site interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Applied on JPMC career website. 2 Interviews

Interview Questions
    • Describe most difficult experience in previous position?   View Answer
    I gave them my salary expectations based on payscale.com and they more than matched what I was asking for.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

I had 2 interviews that were 30 minutes each. Both were fit questions where I talked about myself. The interviewers were MDs in the firm and were really nice. They were funny during the interview. They never asked any unusual questions or questions that would cause me to fidget and squirm.

Interview Questions
    There was no room for negotiation as I was going an analyst program.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Phone screening with HR. Phone interview with a VP then an ED. Brought in for in person interview with the same VP and ED plus another VP that works closely with the team. Whole process took over 3 months to receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for variables I would need in order to forecast staffing needs for operation capacity.   Answer Question

Accepted another offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

General behaviors questions. But the interviewer has very strong accent so I have trouble understanding what he was talking.

Interview Questions
    • What will you do to impressive your colleagues in the first 90 days?   Answer Question
    • Description an experience that you did something beyond your expectation in the previous year.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

I gave JPMorgan Chase my resume at a university career fair. They called me several weeks later to set up an on-campus interview. A month after that interview, chosen candidates were brought down to their office in Tampa Florida for their interview Super Day-- a process involving 3 interviews and a presentation. Following the Super Day, JPMorgan Chase endeavored to respond to each applicant within two days regarding a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a Linked-List and an Array?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

I was initially brought in for a 1:1 interview and was actually interviewed by the hiring manager and also their peer. Over the next two weeks I had several phone interview with various people on the team and other managers. About two weeks after the final interview I was contacted by the HR recruiter and made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe some of the projects you've worked on in the past.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate. I was offered the position at the minimum salary I initially requested when speaking with the HR recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

I was contacted by JP HR team, followed by the phone interview. A week later, the group interview was set up. There were 4 people in the meeting, I thought the interview went well. They were asking questions from my resume and IT business analyst experiences.
    It took about 30 minutes. A week later, I called to check on the status, they never called back nor informed me that I did not get the position.