J.P. Morgan

Updated Feb 5, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE
Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

It was a 4 step interview process. The first step was just a general round of Q&A about myself and my previous experience. The second and third rounds were the fun part where I had to explain about my previous roles and case scenarios which I would have to face in future as a part of my role for JPMC. the Final step was the HR round where I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

I had to decline a wonderful offer because of personal reasons

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Hiring happens usually through a placement agency. Shortlisted candidates are interviewed over the phone. Usually there are four phone interviews prior to hiring, followed by a day or two of in person interviews. Phone interviews are screening processes to eliminate the bad apples. First interview is usually by a junior analyst followed by senior BA and then a VP.

Interview Questions
    • Site a mistake you made in your previous job and how you did you overcome it.   View Answer
    Negotiation was made by the middle man who was the placement agency.

Business Analyst Interview

Basic interview questions. Had 3 phone interviews then never heard back from them. Followed up with HR person, but he never responded back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Career center at school. "Canned" interview. 1st behavioral questions. Tell me a situation youwould have changed your reaction or response. 2nd interview technical. Software development life cycle.

No negotiations. Intern . Accepted and recieved a bonus to start.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Recruiter set me up with this interview. I was supposed to come in and meet with 4 different people. Only 2 people of the 4 showed up that day. The questions were not hard at all and I remember my first impression to be that this team is very laid back and possibly a bit unstructured. At that time, it was what I thought I wanted coming from a very structured and strict team.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult at all. But I don't think this reflects the nature of all interviews at Chase. Just this particular team/group.   Answer Question
    It wasn't difficult. The recruiter negotiated for me and I got what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

All 3 rounds were phone interviews, which were basic behavioral questions such as "where do you see your self.." "tell me about a time where you had to: work on a team..analyze data...someone wasnt cooperating..etc". Do a cost benefit analysis, why JP Morgan?

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

On campus interview and two in person interviews with a presentation

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to prepare and give a detailed presentation within 12 hours of the interview time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

on campus recruiting presentation, on campus interview, on site interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Applied on JPMC career website. 2 Interviews

Interview Questions
    • Describe most difficult experience in previous position?   View Answer
    I gave them my salary expectations based on payscale.com and they more than matched what I was asking for.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

In this interview process, I started with a phone screen. After the first phone screen I was interviewed by someone else for another phone screen. The third interview I had to physically go to the JP Morgan office and interview. I was interviewed by 4 people in the same day. The interview was very interactive, I had to be sharp with the SDLC process, I had to understand functional requirements, and know flowcharts. After that I waited about 2 weeks before I heard from them.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation phase is simple they pair you up with a recruiter who asks you formal questions about how you found the position and why you were interested, they also send the benefits packet out. They talk salary with you, after you have come to an agreement with a salary (which is not very negotiable) they send you the offer letter this is electronic as well. Once you accept you have to pass a background check, fingerprinting -- a drug test -- They check your I9, when its all done they ask what day you would like to start.

Once you are done, you are officially a JP Morgan Chase Employee.