J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
44 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by JP HR team, followed by the phone interview. A week later, the group interview was set up. There were 4 people in the meeting, I thought the interview went well. They were asking questions from my resume and IT business analyst experiences.
It took about 30 minutes. A week later, I called to check on the status, they never called back nor informed me that I did not get the position.

Interview Question – Best way to estimate the project size   View Answer

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – General behaviors questions. But the interviewer has very strong accent so I have trouble understanding what he was talking.

Interview Questions

• What will you do to impressive your colleagues in the first 90 days?   Answer Question
  • Description an experience that you did something beyond your expectation in the previous year.   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was initially brought in for a 1:1 interview and was actually interviewed by the hiring manager and also their peer. Over the next two weeks I had several phone interview with various people on the team and other managers. About two weeks after the final interview I was contacted by the HR recruiter and made an offer.

Interview Question – Describe some of the projects you've worked on in the past.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. I was offered the position at the minimum salary I initially requested when speaking with the HR recruiter.

New York, NY

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview consisted of expressing my interest in the position and being asked to come in for an in person interview. The first 1:1 was the usual background and skills discussion. Two weeks later I had to go in for the second round of interviews which consisted of two 1:1 meetings. Both interviewers attempted to examine my personality and fit for the position. Little over a week later I was emailed an excel test to complete. It's been three weeks since then and I have not yet receive a response. Last I heard they were still working on the position.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to think "out of the box" to complete a task.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was excellent. I met with the manager and Senior Business Analyst. The hiring process was great. The on-boarding process was non-existent. I did not settle into my cubicle until 3 weeks later!

Interview Question – Security Attributes for bonds   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – It was a 1:1 interview in a small room. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the questions were straight forward. The interview didn't take longer than half an hour. I was quite nervous beforehand but the interview was comfortable and stress free.

Interview Question – What do you know about our company?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – Asked for an overview of my experience, How I would handle a situation where dev comes and says they cannot implement a promised feature.Style of documentation and how do I proceed with requisition gatherings
Specific Q's about last job...request a sample of your work..

Interview Question – Your documentation process   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was referred to this job opening by an employee of the firm. Although this position was in a different department than my contact, having the connection essentially got me the interview. I'm not sure if I would have gotten called for an interview if I didn't have the connection, and I also probably would have passed on applying if I wasn't referred to this job specifically. It seemed they were looking for someone with more experience than I had, and preferred an MBA- a degree I do not yet have. Fortunately I do have more-than-competent technical skills, which seemed to be the most important qualification.

First I spoke with the hiring manager over the phone, and after a brief conversation, I was invited in for a face-to-face interview. I was also provided with the job requisition #, as the online application still needed to be completed for the hiring process.
I met the manager a few days later at their corporate office in midtown- I had been told that he was very nice but also very demanding, and he came across as just that- friendly but seriously professional (I thought these were all good things). He started out by having me talk about my current job and previous internships, basically running through my resume. Then he talked briefly about the job and what it entailed, and then proceeded to ask technical (mostly excel-related) questions. For a few questions he utilized a dry erase board to illustrate spreadsheet data and formulae. After he was satisfied with my answers, we spent a lot more time talking: about the position, his department, the lines of business they support, the corporate structure etc. He also asked me what I could see myself doing twenty years down the road. He told me a little bit about his career as well. At the 'end' of the interview, I was asked what questions I had. This happened quite a few times, and I eventually went blank with what else I could ask. I said something to the extent of, 'I think you did a great job covering what I was going to ask, so I think I'm all set regarding questions.' He seemed happy with our interview, and told me he'd be in touch. The interview probably lasted about 2 hours.

About a week had passed when I received a call from someone in HR to schedule a phone interview. This particular interview never actually happened due to a scheduling conflict with the interviewer.
The recruiter got in touch with me a few days later to go over information I had provided, which basically turned into an interview itself. After the weekend had passed, the hiring manager called and offered me the position. I asked for a small amount of time, and verbally accepted shortly after.

The next day a recruiter called me and set me up with someone from the on-boarding team. My offer letter was forwarded via email, along with detailed instructions for on-boarding.

On-boarding included the following:
 I-9 Form- filled it out online and then had to show original identification docs to an HR rep
 Drug test- went to a local LabCorp with the form they provided
 Background check- filled out an online application and was fingerprinted
 Employment paperwork- mostly all filled out online

I was cleared to start about two weeks after I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Nothing was really negotiable. Maybe if I was a bit more bold I would have found out otherwise, but it seemed like the offer was it. I had hoped for more money but was thankful for the opportunity. I also knew this was truly a 'career' position with tons of potential, and I couldn't complain about 4 weeks vacation (overtime exempt).

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

Interview Details – 3 one to one interview with VP, PM, and specialist

Interview Question – who difficulties you encountered with your teammate? and how you come around to solve it?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

Interview Details – i was interview for Business Analyst at JPMC, i called into their conference desk and was connected with Ms. Kimberly Dallon. she asked some specific questions related to project management and testing methodologies. the interview went on for about 30 mins.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – the recruiter called the next day and said i was shortlisted and i was supposed to be called in for a face to face, but after a week i was told, the position was filled. how can i be shortlisted and then the position be filled is a mystery.