J.P. Morgan

3.1

46 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

I was contacted by JP HR team, followed by the phone interview. A week later, the group interview was set up. There were 4 people in the meeting, I thought the interview went well. They were asking questions from my resume and IT business analyst experiences.
It took about 30 minutes. A week later, I called to check on the status, they never called back nor informed me that I did not get the position.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

The phone interview consisted of expressing my interest in the position and being asked to come in for an in person interview. The first 1:1 was the usual background and skills discussion. Two weeks later I had to go in for the second round of interviews which consisted of two 1:1 meetings. Both interviewers attempted to examine my personality and fit for the position. Little over a week later I was emailed an excel test to complete. It's been three weeks since then and I have not yet receive a response. Last I heard they were still working on the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to think "out of the box" to complete a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Interview took process took about three weeks, but really the timing was long because of the number of people to be seen. There were a number of persons to be seen. It pays to be very patient during this time. Be upfront and honest about what you know and what you do not know. You may even be asked to provide work samples that do not reveal configential information. If you have this, provide it.

Interview Questions
    • Situation where you added value to group or process   View Answer
    • Situation dealing with a difficult customer   View Answer
    The negotiation was fare and it pays to note that there was not push to "accept this or else". You have the opportunity to negotiate, but it is strongly believed that you have to get a feel for how the process is going and your comfort level with the process. In orthers you will know if you are getting offered the best you are going to get ofr if you should "push".

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

It was a 1:1 interview in a small room. The atmosphere was very relaxed and the questions were straight forward. The interview didn't take longer than half an hour. I was quite nervous beforehand but the interview was comfortable and stress free.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Asked for an overview of my experience, How I would handle a situation where dev comes and says they cannot implement a promised feature.Style of documentation and how do I proceed with requisition gatherings
    Specific Q's about last job...request a sample of your work..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

The interview process was excellent. I met with the manager and Senior Business Analyst. The hiring process was great. The on-boarding process was non-existent. I did not settle into my cubicle until 3 weeks later!

N/A

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

I was referred to this job opening by an employee of the firm. Although this position was in a different department than my contact, having the connection essentially got me the interview. I'm not sure if I would have gotten called for an interview if I didn't have the connection, and I also probably would have passed on applying if I wasn't referred to this job specifically. It seemed they were looking for someone with more experience than I had, and preferred an MBA- a degree I do not yet have. Fortunately I do have more-than-competent technical skills, which seemed to be the most important qualification.

First I spoke with the hiring manager over the phone, and after a brief conversation, I was invited in for a face-to-face interview. I was also provided with the job requisition #, as the online application still needed to be completed for the hiring process.
    I met the manager a few days later at their corporate office in midtown- I had been told that he was very nice but also very demanding, and he came across as just that- friendly but seriously professional (I thought these were all good things). He started out by having me talk about my current job and previous internships, basically running through my resume. Then he talked briefly about the job and what it entailed, and then proceeded to ask technical (mostly excel-related) questions. For a few questions he utilized a dry erase board to illustrate spreadsheet data and formulae. After he was satisfied with my answers, we spent a lot more time talking: about the position, his department, the lines of business they support, the corporate structure etc. He also asked me what I could see myself doing twenty years down the road. He told me a little bit about his career as well. At the 'end' of the interview, I was asked what questions I had. This happened quite a few times, and I eventually went blank with what else I could ask. I said something to the extent of, 'I think you did a great job covering what I was going to ask, so I think I'm all set regarding questions.' He seemed happy with our interview, and told me he'd be in touch. The interview probably lasted about 2 hours.

About a week had passed when I received a call from someone in HR to schedule a phone interview. This particular interview never actually happened due to a scheduling conflict with the interviewer.
    The recruiter got in touch with me a few days later to go over information I had provided, which basically turned into an interview itself. After the weekend had passed, the hiring manager called and offered me the position. I asked for a small amount of time, and verbally accepted shortly after.

The next day a recruiter called me and set me up with someone from the on-boarding team. My offer letter was forwarded via email, along with detailed instructions for on-boarding.

On-boarding included the following:
     I-9 Form- filled it out online and then had to show original identification docs to an HR rep
     Drug test- went to a local LabCorp with the form they provided
     Background check- filled out an online application and was fingerprinted
     Employment paperwork- mostly all filled out online

I was cleared to start about two weeks after I received my offer letter.

Interview Questions
    Nothing was really negotiable. Maybe if I was a bit more bold I would have found out otherwise, but it seemed like the offer was it. I had hoped for more money but was thankful for the opportunity. I also knew this was truly a 'career' position with tons of potential, and I couldn't complain about 4 weeks vacation (overtime exempt).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

3 one to one interview with VP, PM, and specialist

Interview Questions
    • who difficulties you encountered with your teammate? and how you come around to solve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

i was interview for Business Analyst at JPMC, i called into their conference desk and was connected with Ms. Kimberly Dallon. she asked some specific questions related to project management and testing methodologies. the interview went on for about 30 mins.

Interview Questions
    the recruiter called the next day and said i was shortlisted and i was supposed to be called in for a face to face, but after a week i was told, the position was filled. how can i be shortlisted and then the position be filled is a mystery.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Received a phone call very quickly for an interview. The interview was very relaxed, it seemed like a very good company with employees who enjoyed their jobs. I do wish I had been better prepared with examples of how I could be an asset to the company, and had spent more time coming up with answers to the common interview questions that are posted all over the internet (strengths, weaknesses, etc.). I think that was my weak point. I was very disappointed not to hear from them.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress in the workplace.   View Answer
    • They did ask about working in a team environment and dealing with personalities.   View Answer