J.P. Morgan

Updated Jan 5, 2015

3.1

48 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

i was interview for Business Analyst at JPMC, i called into their conference desk and was connected with Ms. Kimberly Dallon. she asked some specific questions related to project management and testing methodologies. the interview went on for about 30 mins.

Interview Questions
the recruiter called the next day and said i was shortlisted and i was supposed to be called in for a face to face, but after a week i was told, the position was filled. how can i be shortlisted and then the position be filled is a mystery.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Received a phone call very quickly for an interview. The interview was very relaxed, it seemed like a very good company with employees who enjoyed their jobs. I do wish I had been better prepared with examples of how I could be an asset to the company, and had spent more time coming up with answers to the common interview questions that are posted all over the internet (strengths, weaknesses, etc.). I think that was my weak point. I was very disappointed not to hear from them.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress in the workplace.   View Answer
    • They did ask about working in a team environment and dealing with personalities.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

The interview was directly with the hiring manager, HR contact was only to set-up interview. Excellent company to go right after graduation because they have a good support process for advancement. Manager mostly asked questions about my favorite classes and classes where I ecelled at and asked me for any difficulties as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

I had my first interview with the company. I interviewed with the Private Client Business Services group. The culture of the company is very professional; it is in a downtown office building with lots of security. Human resources prescreens all the interviewees, and the group interviews its own applicants. From there, I am told that HR will return calls or send emails for the next steps in the process.
         The organizational structure is very flat, especially considering this is a very conservative and traditional industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Process consisted of several parts;
    1st round - phone screen (HR)
    2nd Round - on site interview (Hiring Mgr; existing team member)
    3rd Round - EVP

2 rounds of negotiations - initial offer; counter; final offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Had an initial phone interview with recruiter and then e-mailed a questionnaire to fill out, more fore candidate screening. Was called in for an interview and asked standard questions, what would you do in certain circumstances, my experience with various applications, etc. Met with two VP's. Wasn't bad interview, competition was too fierce as I was competing against 8 other candidates. Which seems to be the norm nowadays.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about dealing with difficult people?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

After my friend submitted my resume to the company, the process went very quickly. Actually I received calls from multiple departments which is a great thing, because this shows that one area doesn't hoard all the candidates. Human resources from both Capital Market and Financial Services reached out to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fannin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fannin, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2008.

What I was interviewed for was not needed forthe position. The requirements in the interview were not needed for the job taken

Interview Questions
    • Draw the topology of the last employer network.   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was referred by a current employee, two rounds of interviews, one with the manager and the other with director. Standard behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, was more or less a conversation with both interviewers.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Applied through campus and process took 3+ weeks in total with 3 rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Current Events question- Why did the 2008 crisis happened?   Answer Question