J.P. Morgan Business Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2010.

Received a phone call very quickly for an interview. The interview was very relaxed, it seemed like a very good company with employees who enjoyed their jobs. I do wish I had been better prepared with examples of how I could be an asset to the company, and had spent more time coming up with answers to the common interview questions that are posted all over the internet (strengths, weaknesses, etc.). I think that was my weak point. I was very disappointed not to hear from them.

Interview Questions
  • How do you handle stress in the workplace.   View Answer
  • They did ask about working in a team environment and dealing with personalities.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

After my friend submitted my resume to the company, the process went very quickly. Actually I received calls from multiple departments which is a great thing, because this shows that one area doesn't hoard all the candidates. Human resources from both Capital Market and Financial Services reached out to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

I had my first interview with the company. I interviewed with the Private Client Business Services group. The culture of the company is very professional; it is in a downtown office building with lots of security. Human resources prescreens all the interviewees, and the group interviews its own applicants. From there, I am told that HR will return calls or send emails for the next steps in the process.
         The organizational structure is very flat, especially considering this is a very conservative and traditional industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Had an initial phone interview with recruiter and then e-mailed a questionnaire to fill out, more fore candidate screening. Was called in for an interview and asked standard questions, what would you do in certain circumstances, my experience with various applications, etc. Met with two VP's. Wasn't bad interview, competition was too fierce as I was competing against 8 other candidates. Which seems to be the norm nowadays.

Interview Questions
    • How would you go about dealing with difficult people?   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was referred by a current employee, two rounds of interviews, one with the manager and the other with director. Standard behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, was more or less a conversation with both interviewers.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Applied through campus and process took 3+ weeks in total with 3 rounds.

Interview Questions
    • Current Events question- Why did the 2008 crisis happened?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calcutta (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calcutta (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2012.

Brush up your fundamentals well........be good with people part and technical skills both. So, first a technical round and then subsequent an HR round. Questions included different models of valuation,accounting and other stuffs. They also try to check your stress level so be patient and confident. Rest all is history!

Business Analyst Interview

phone interview, basic question about resume, some behavior question. Also asked what course did you took, which course you like most and like least. Ask details about the research experience. Ask past salary level and salary expectation. Did not like a range, must give a number.. review and approve every post before it appears on our site, and in the case that the community sees something suspicious we will look into the issue and take appropriate action.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

1st Round - Director Interviewed me for 20 mins - Question releated to my previous work exp.
    2nd Round - A 1 hour interview by the hiring manger - Technical Question related to BA skills
    3rd Round - F2F interview with another manager for 1 hour - Technical questions. Describe it on board type of questions.
    4th Round - HR manager

Business Analyst Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

The process was surprisingly quick and easy. The position was for an internship in the Corporate Development Program. I applied online and sent my resume to the program coordinator. A few days later I received an email thanking me for my interest. I received a call a few days later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30-45 minutes. Though I was applying for a business analyst position she informed me about a new position they created that I would be ideal for. She was very helpful and informative. A week or two later I received a call from her and she offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were challenged and How you dealt with that challenge.   Answer Question
    The program had an extremely generous pay and was non negotiable.