J.P. Morgan
3.4 of 5 3,535 reviews
www.jpmorganchase.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

J.P. Morgan Chase Leadership Development Program Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chase Leadership Development Program Summer Analyst Interview

Chase Leadership Development Program Summer Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was a very pleasant one. I was contacted after submitting my resume about 3 days later. I met on campus with a 1:1 interview with HR. That went really well we laughed and she got a grasp on who i was and what i wanted to do. The questions were not hard at all they included "What are you 3 strengths?" Another one was purely to see if you knew and did research about the company "What do you know about JP Morgan Chase" this was where i shined i researched and gave her a brief history of JP Morgan Chase and her eyebrows were definitely raised and she was impressed. Other questions were "What stock would you recommend?" "From 1 to 3 most important to least where would you rank Analytical, Strategic, and Technical?" "Tell me about you most proudest accomplishment" Pretty much personality questions they want to get to know you.

Interview Question – "From 1 to 3 most important to least where would you rank Analytical, Strategic, and Technical?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Research the company

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Chase Leadership Development Program Summer Analyst Interview

Chase Leadership Development Program Summer Analyst
Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Interview Details – Visited the Chase booth at the campus career fair. After contact with the campus recruiting officer I was given a slot for a first-round interview the next day.

The next day I had a 1:1 with the campus recruiting officer, which was almost entirely behavioral. After a standard introduction and "where do you see yourself in 5 years" intro, there were a lot of questions about experiences with groups, like "What is a contribution you have made to a group project?", "What did you do when a group member wasn't pulling their weight?", "Name an example where you tried as hard as you could and failed.", "Tell me what you know about Chase." and so on. There was nothing remotely technical or analytical in this interview. By the end of the interview part I was informed that I would be invited back for the so-called Superday. I had finished the interview with a fair amount of time left and was able to ask a few questions too, and came away with what I thought was information some interesting internal programs or opportunities available to interns (more later).

In the week or so until Superday I filled out the general candidate profile on the JP Morgan Chase corporate recruiting portal, and was later contacted by email by both another office worker in the recruiting department, and later by phone by the same officer who had interviewed me. Later on the recruiting office sent me my times for two appointments, back-to-back, on Superday. I live in the area, but if I weren't, I imagine that this is when I would have received my flight information.

Superday - If you are driving you are warned to get there very early to find parking - that's no lie! If you are taking a cab/shuttle be sure to work out which entrance you should use both for drop off and pickup, as there are several, at proportions comparable to an mid-sized airport.

Interviews - Both were very informal in nature, and started with a general "Who are you/present yourself" question, a brief summary of my resume, and "What do you know about Chase?". Both were 1:1 and only allotted 30 minutes.

My first interviewer focused on analytical and case questions, such as "Please estimate the number of gas stations in the US.", "If it is found that a lot of online banking customers are leaving Chase, what do you think might be the cause?", and "Tell me what you think of statistics?" When it was my turn for questions, the Interviewer seemed confused when I asked about some of the opportunities I had heard of in my first interview and relapsed into a rough rehash of JP Morgan/Chase corporate structure. I feel like I might have unfairly lost points for seeming uninformed right there, when I was only trying to point out that I had payed attention in my first interview. Overall Interviewer #1 seemed distracted and interview was conducted almost mechanically.

The second interview went smoother on the personal level and despite obvious stress from the interviewer, I feel I was given full attention when warranted. This interviewer focused more on behavioral questions, some of them repeated from before, others were new, like "Why Chase? Why this program?", "How do you manage to balance your schedule?", "We all have it happen - what do you do when you realize you aren't going to make a deadline?", "Give an example of your most recent group project.", "What role did you take on in this group?", "What is your favorite course this term?" I learned the interviewer was not to be hosting interns this summer, but was otherwise satisfied with informativeness of their answers on opportunities available to interns.

Rest of Superday - Fairly informal and mildy hectic. We spent our time in a conference room with refreshments provided. Recruiting officer from the first interview was there the whole time. Several of last year's hires (albeit non of them CLDP grads) came and went and were more than willing to answer any questions. The first years were nice and casual as mentioned, if not a tinge cliquey/gossipy. Interviewees were welcomed to join in conversation or partake of tours offered ad hoc by the current interns. Interviewees could leave as soon as their interview was over if they desired. Staying for a while was no problem either, might have even gained you socialization points (recruiting officer was there -see below).

Decision - The hiring decision was to be made by a council of all three (including recruiting officer from first round) interviewers. It came the next week only a few days after the "promised" date (the next Monday) in the form of a non-personal, formula email from the campus recruiter.

Overall a positive experience. The process was much friendlier and better managed than one might imagine at a large firm. I could tell I was interacting with career professionals. Line of questioning was always professional, or appropriately casual.

Interview Question – "We all have it happen - what do you do when you realize you aren't going to make a deadline?"   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Chase Leadership Development Program Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.