J.P. Morgan

2.7

101 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment BankingAnalyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Interviewed for Chicago office. First round over the phone with first year analyst. 15 minutes purely questions about resume. 15 minutes technical. Asked about understanding of technicals. Next round a few days later on the phone with first year associate. 15 minutes, just technical.

Interview Questions
    • . Which company has a higher beta, mid cap tech firm or blue chip? Asked about LBO analysis, and which multiples to use regarding enterprise   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied online then a few days later received a phone call for a phone interview. Did the phone interview then had an in person interview and a test and paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Chase? What do you know about the company and what can you bring to enhance it?   Answer Question
    No negotiations given

Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

The hiring manager was really nice but didn't seen to have many questions to ask, it was a 15 minute interview if I didn't have my own questions. After going through some basic interview questions I was told that u would hear back shortly about a follow up interview next week, they even said they will be happy to work with my current job's schedule to make it happen. Over a month goes by hearing nothing to the receive an automated message that the position was filled. Found it highly unprofessional since I sent a thank you note, and an email asking for an update as I didn't her back when they said I should. Overall seemed like dull environment, so things worked in my favor.

Interview Questions
    • (They really had no difficult questions, so this is a stretch to say it was difficult) why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with Area Manager, took 3 weeks to hear back. Then had to do a phone interview with Market Manager which was pretty easy. Offer came directly from hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty standard. As an internal transfer I knew what they wanted to hear   Answer Question
    No negotiation - internal transfer so I had to take it or leave it

CIB-Core Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

This is the first interview I got from them, which was kind of a surprise since as I researched it, the position normally hires people with more experience than me. I was informed later by the behavioral interviewer that they are also hiring people who are looking for entry level jobs but with a wider range of past educational experience with multiple technologies.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question were quite basic now that I think of it. One question asking me to use one single SQL query to retrieve information from two related tables given only one key information was something I did not prepared for since I only have very basic knowledge of it and have not used it for a while. The technical interviewer kindly informed me that I could use join table technique.   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Applied online, used college mate as a referral, got a call from the recruiter very quickly - had a phone interview with the recruiter; got invited to the branch, spoke to the manager. behavioral/personal type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell to me this piece of (whatever office supply)?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Vice President Scrum Master CIB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Never spoke to HR. All communication was thru email even scheduling of both phone interview and in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • I'm experienced IT professional and one of the interview questions was about my first job and programming 25 years ago. The manager seemed more interested in quizzing me about jobs I held years ago than my current experience.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Applied through my school's website. This is JP Morgan's first time having this intern position open and it's only for sophomores in college. I had two people interviewing me at the same time and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. The interview was all behavioral questions and not much of a conversation.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest regret? Why did you choose the University you are attending today.   Answer Question

Transition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There was a phone interview with the recruiter, then two face to face interviews with the overall hiring manager/over all project manager and also the project lead. The second face to face was more of a confirmation with other project leads and of the same type of questions. I did not feel the interview fully described the tasks involved because I do not think they knew, as the project was just developing at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a current event that interest you and why?   View Answer
    • He also included a math question with time zone in the mix.   View Answer
    Since I worked with a recruiter I negotiated through him.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

I was directly going to the on site round. The director is very nice and he kind of help me to ease my nervous down, and I am able to express myself freely and fully. He talked some about the firm and department responsibility and what they are looking for. I shared some of my past experience and the skills matched with this positions. It was very like the casual conversation and did not have any tense feeling around. I think the director really did a good job in interviewing people.

Interview Questions
    • Most of questions are really common and not too difficult to answer.   Answer Question