J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.7

Vice President - Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Over the course of 30 days I had a phone screen with a recruiter as well as two interviews with different district managers. After the process I was made an offer and went through the background screening process. The screening that they did took about 2 weeks to come back. After the background screening clears you get a call from a special department that informs you that you are cleared to start.

Regional Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

The process was appropriate for a large multi-layered company such as JPMorgan Chase. The information shared was on point with the position and the desires of the company regarding the ideal candidate. There was sufficient detail shared and full candor in the approach. Overall it was a pleasant experience that achieved its desired objectives.

Interview Questions

• Discussion about applicable experience took place with appropriate questions being asked about background and success.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a Phone interview. Then I was called in for a 3 hour in person interview with multiple different people. Once I got accepted, then they did a Background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give test condition examples for a specific scenario.   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviews happened very quickly. All the four interviewers liked me and wanted to proceed with the offer. Even the HR person called to confirm that the offer will come. But it did not. They could not even meet my current base salary.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to my experience. No general questions.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with 2 over the phone interviews back to back, each of them being 30 minutes, and each having a different interviewer. The first interview was more open and broad, asking about specific knowledge on JP Morgan, its operations, the parts of JP Morgan and the Chase side, and broad questions asking to describe myself. The second interview was more personal and geared towards the specific position, but still had many questions about my knowledge of JP Morgan. (study the website, and other materials for this) Make sure to rehearse how you are going to describe yourself.

Interview Questions

• Interview had the usual behavioral type questions; some questions about your knowledge with excel and current events, and also quite a few questions testing your knowledge of the company. Be prepared to breakdown the company, all parts, what they do, and know how to explain everything. Also, be prepared to answer questions about yourself. The questions they ask about you are very open, so have some things rehearsed. One of the things they asked me was to "describe myself" I explained my schooling, my interests, strengths, and my interest in JP Morgan specifically. Try looking up articles about how to answer these questions.   1 Answer

Customer Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received phone call. Then I was asked to do a video interview. I was asked 10 behavioral questions and I recorded my answers online. You get about 1 minute per questions. If you dislike your answer, you can delete it and record it again. Three days after that I was called in for a one-to-one interview. Basic behavioral questions, why I wanted the positions, how my transferable skills applied, etc. One week later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The recruiter is very formal and the recruiter was actually the manager of that program. He knows his stuff well and he was very friendly. He told me that they are not looking for someone with all the knowledge,but someone that is willing to learn. The questions he asked were the very basic interview questions. My advice is be prepared and be confident.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose you own university? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line Oct 2014 rcv'd a call from a recruiter in NY ( Chicago position )Dec 14 she then asked me a series of question and wanted to know about my current role, after that she advised me someone would contact me to come in for an interview. Later that day my interview was confirmed via email ( from a dif recruiter ) interviewed on Dec 17th it went very well a few weeks went by I followed up per the recruiter no decision had been made. Then sometime maybe the 2nd week of Jan the recruiter called and said they wanted to set up a second interview with the same person interview went well again he said they would know something in another week or so. It's been a little over a week still no word.

Interview Questions

• Both interview's were more of a discussion not a tell me about a time when.   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Phone interview was simple she asked a couple questions, in person interview within a couple days of phone interview. Job offer, fingerprints,drug test, started work. Filled out for job on a Monday, got a call for phone interview on tuesday, face to face on wednesday, job offer on friday, prints and drug test on monday. I started training within about a week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a university career fair, where I left my resume. I applied through the university careers site. I got selected for an on campus interview a couple of days later. It was a 2 on 1 interview with 2 underwriters. The whole interview was behavioral with very little technical questions. I recommend researching the role and knowing what they do before you go into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with someone and how did you overcome that?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a group and what was your role?   Answer Question