J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.7

Customer Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Received phone call. Then I was asked to do a video interview. I was asked 10 behavioral questions and I recorded my answers online. You get about 1 minute per questions. If you dislike your answer, you can delete it and record it again. Three days after that I was called in for a one-to-one interview. Basic behavioral questions, why I wanted the positions, how my transferable skills applied, etc. One week later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

The recruiter is very formal and the recruiter was actually the manager of that program. He knows his stuff well and he was very friendly. He told me that they are not looking for someone with all the knowledge,but someone that is willing to learn. The questions he asked were the very basic interview questions. My advice is be prepared and be confident.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose you own university?
      Why do you want to work for us?

Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied on line Oct 2014 rcv'd a call from a recruiter in NY ( Chicago position )Dec 14 she then asked me a series of question and wanted to know about my current role, after that she advised me someone would contact me to come in for an interview. Later that day my interview was confirmed via email ( from a dif recruiter ) interviewed on Dec 17th it went very well a few weeks went by I followed up per the recruiter no decision had been made. Then sometime maybe the 2nd week of Jan the recruiter called and said they wanted to set up a second interview with the same person interview went well again he said they would know something in another week or so. It's been a little over a week still no word.

Interview Questions

• Both interview's were more of a discussion not a tell me about a time when.   Answer Question

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Elgin, IL).

Interview

Phone interview was simple she asked a couple questions, in person interview within a couple days of phone interview. Job offer, fingerprints,drug test, started work. Filled out for job on a Monday, got a call for phone interview on tuesday, face to face on wednesday, job offer on friday, prints and drug test on monday. I started training within about a week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Commercial Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I met the recruiter at a university career fair, where I left my resume. I applied through the university careers site. I got selected for an on campus interview a couple of days later. It was a 2 on 1 interview with 2 underwriters. The whole interview was behavioral with very little technical questions. I recommend researching the role and knowing what they do before you go into the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you disagreed with someone and how did you overcome that?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you worked in a group and what was your role?   Answer Question

Investment BankingAnalyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Interviewed for Chicago office. First round over the phone with first year analyst. 15 minutes purely questions about resume. 15 minutes technical. Asked about understanding of technicals. Next round a few days later on the phone with first year associate. 15 minutes, just technical.

Interview Questions

• . Which company has a higher beta, mid cap tech firm or blue chip? Asked about LBO analysis, and which multiples to use regarding enterprise   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online then a few days later received a phone call for a phone interview. Did the phone interview then had an in person interview and a test and paperwork.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Chase? What do you know about the company and what can you bring to enhance it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations given

Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring manager was really nice but didn't seen to have many questions to ask, it was a 15 minute interview if I didn't have my own questions. After going through some basic interview questions I was told that u would hear back shortly about a follow up interview next week, they even said they will be happy to work with my current job's schedule to make it happen. Over a month goes by hearing nothing to the receive an automated message that the position was filled. Found it highly unprofessional since I sent a thank you note, and an email asking for an update as I didn't her back when they said I should. Overall seemed like dull environment, so things worked in my favor.

Interview Questions

• (They really had no difficult questions, so this is a stretch to say it was difficult) why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interviewed with Area Manager, took 3 weeks to hear back. Then had to do a phone interview with Market Manager which was pretty easy. Offer came directly from hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Everything was pretty standard. As an internal transfer I knew what they wanted to hear   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - internal transfer so I had to take it or leave it

CIB-Core Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

This is the first interview I got from them, which was kind of a surprise since as I researched it, the position normally hires people with more experience than me. I was informed later by the behavioral interviewer that they are also hiring people who are looking for entry level jobs but with a wider range of past educational experience with multiple technologies.

Interview Questions

• Technical question were quite basic now that I think of it. One question asking me to use one single SQL query to retrieve information from two related tables given only one key information was something I did not prepared for since I only have very basic knowledge of it and have not used it for a while. The technical interviewer kindly informed me that I could use join table technique.   Answer Question