J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Columbus, OH

2.8

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

I applied through the Winning Women experience, and got flown out to Columbus. It was a one day event. Hotel and Transportation was arranged. Technical talk, keynote speaker, round table discussion, then in the afternoon I had the interview with those in Chicago office. Two people, one round. Basic OOP question, and resume details. Got a call from recruiter in one week and got the offer.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

The interview and hiring process was great. Managers are well detailed and explain position with in depth detail. Once you are hired the are several on line classes that have to be completed before you start your performance.

Interview Questions
    • The question I don't like is "What is your weakness?" This question can make or break you.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary somewhat

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

They only go for local candidates as they want to save on travel costs associated with a non-local one. They will first have a technical phone interview with basic Java questions and also ask the technologies you know. Once you pass that, you will be invited to their office and will speak to 2-3 interviewers in their visitor section. The onsite questions are all HR questions (strictly non-technical) and you can nail it easily with some faking about your strength and weaknesses. You could be the laziest person on earth but claim that you are the most hard-working one and people will believe you in these silly HR interviews. After that your recruiter will inform you about your selection and tell you that the compensation is fixed and no salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where your manager/professor said one thing but didn't really mean it?   Answer Question
    The compensation is fixed and no salary negotiation.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

They get most hires through the internship process. However, be prepared for multiple rounds of interviews (including in person and on the phone, you will speak with people from varying locations) and be prepared to demonstrate past work to show accomplishments. Interviewers are generally very kind, but can be a little intimidating.

Senior Loan Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Too many hoops to jump through...too many people involved in the hiring process. Dealing with hiring manager/recruiter about issues they had no business being involved in. The hiring manager/recruiter did not know much about the position being interviewed for.

Interview Questions
    • The actual interview was very easy and the manager interviewing me was very pleasant. The interview itself was actually very laid back and not a lot of employment questions were asked.   Answer Question
    Non-existent. They made an offer and I counteroffered and they declined.

Financial Services Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

-Online Assessment; virtual modules, personality test and customer service
    -Get Clearance Over the phone with HR to get an interview
    -One to Two interviews; may be with one manager or two
    -Easy questions; be honest and consistent

Interview Questions
    • What do you value most in a career?
      What are your weaknesses?
        View Answer
    Yes you can negotiate pay. Typically you start at 12.99 (USD) with shift differentials depending on what you accept but pay will be based upon your experience and your ability to show your worth.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied on line. and they called with a phone interview, that went well. then a few days later they called me for a face to face interview with two people. that went well also. They called me a week later and offered me the position. I accepted.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I interested with a VP and 2 managers at a round table. Standard situational questions in which most began with, "tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were given an assignment with an impossible deadline and how to you meet it.   Answer Question

Senior Statistical Associate, Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

One phone interview followed by a on-site interview. The phone interview was from the hiring manager, and she is very nice. I was asked a few technical questions such as concepts in linear regressions and logistic regression. The on-site interview has 6 interviewers, including 4 vps from this group 1 vp from outside the group and the head of the group -- a senior VP. Not many techinical questions during the interview, but they did ask two questions very frequently: (i) Why Chase? (ii) Will you go back to school for a PHD degree?

Interview Questions
    • There was one techinical question which was hard for me. I was asked to explain one of the following models without using any techinical words even "distribution". The models are (i) ARMA model (ii) MCMC (iii) PCA. I chose MCMC, but didn't do a very good job. I have to use those technical jargons to explain it.   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!