J.P. Morgan

Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.8

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 half hour interviews, one behavioral interview and one technical interview. Both were fairly laid back and the interviewers were friendly for the most part. Received an offer within a week.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2015.

I applied online.Got an email the next day.I had already given an online test.Email asked to give an audio interview.The interview lasted about 30 minutes.The setup was easy and guide provided was very helpful.Following the email I heard from them later the same day

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

I applied through the Winning Women Program (online application; it's like a superday) and had two back-to-back interviews. They were all standard behavioral and situational questions. As long as you know your resume and could elaborate each experience with a good example, you will be fine. The questions include: 1Tell me about JPMorgan in Technology. Why do you want to apply for this position. 2 Tell me about yourself. 3Tell me a time when you feel you are under-ultilized. 4Tell me a time when you faced a challenge (could not remember but a similar one) 5 Tell me a experience that you performed data analysis. 6 If two stakeholders cannot agree with each other, what would you do. 7 Innovative technology or fundamental functions.
    (For all who apply through the Wining Women Program, I hope this comment would help.)

Interview Questions
    • I expected some technical questions, but there was none. So knowing your resume is much more important. The most difficult questions were: Tell me a time when you feel you are under-ultilized. and Tell me a experience that you performed data analysis., since I was unprepared for them.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

I applied through my school and received an email approximately two weeks later requesting a phone interview. I filled out my available times and was contact via the number I provided at the specified times.

I was given two back to back phone interviews, each 30 minutes long. Both of them were behavioral and very relaxed. One from NYC and one from Columbus, Ohio. I was able to ask a large variety of questions I had as well as answer theirs.

About a week later I received a phone call from the hiring manager congratulating me on my acceptance into the program. A few days alter I received my email notification and had 3 weeks to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. I was given a location, pay, benefits and contract.

Summer Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Met with them at Career Fair at my school, and heard back three or four days later. They put on a networking event the night before the interview to get a better understanding of the internship. The next day were the interviews. Two 30 minute, behavioral interviews nothing crazy. A week or two later I heard back from them and was invited to a super day in their Columbus office. During the super day they gave a presentation on what the internship would consist of, as well as a few panels with different members in the division. Then it was two more 30 minute, behavioral interviews, followed by a case interview.

Interview Questions
    • Case, but even that was very tame as far as case interviews go.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied on line. and they called with a phone interview, that went well. then a few days later they called me for a face to face interview with two people. that went well also. They called me a week later and offered me the position. I accepted.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Was asked to apply through a friend. Had an hour long phone interview with technical lead. They asked me to write a sample fully functional application using Ruby on Rails. A little background on me I have coded in Ruby for less than a year and have never coded in Rails. I successfully completed the assignment in a couple of days. The team reviewed my code and brought me in for a face to face group setting interview with over 10 people. Each person then asked technical and personal details related to the application they were working on. During the interview several people cursed and one playfully threw a notebook at another team member (not me). After the interview the team lead pressured me very hard to give him my current salary which I did not do. The entire process never spoke to an HR person or the hiring manager. In the end they said my skills in Ruby were not up to par.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between dependency injection and inversion control?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I interested with a VP and 2 managers at a round table. Standard situational questions in which most began with, "tell me about a time..."

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were given an assignment with an impossible deadline and how to you meet it.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 Rounds of interviews. Moderate difficulty.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I received a call from a HR rep the day after I submitted my application online, and answered many straightforward questions to expand on my resume. I was contacted 4 days later by someone multiple states away (which confused me a bit) who wanted to conduct a behavioral interview with me. Later that same day, my recruiter called saying the managers wanted to schedule an interview with me, and emailed me the details. I was interviewed by 3 people, who appeared to be different department heads on the same floor. Thankfully I studied the sample questions off of the Chase website, because most of those were actually what was asked! Unfortunately, the next morning I received a rejection email, so this whole process was for nothing...

Interview Questions
    • What did you do in a situation when you had to deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you delivered excellent customer service.   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been confronted with a situation where you didn't know what to do, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question