J.P. Morgan Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I attended a half day event where there was speakers and a panel set up to help the candidates better understand the position and company. There were two 30 minute interviews back to back that were behavioral/situational. They asked: tell me about yourself, tell me about this on your resume, the share price, current events, work ethic, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J.P. Morgan? What are our businesses? What is your work ethic like?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I interviewed through my school. It took several weeks from the resume drop deadline to the interview. I did two back to back 30 minute interviews, and I heard back within a week. The interviews were largely behavioral. One thing that was interesting is that JP Morgan brought an current analyst to chat with the interviewees in between the two interviews.

Interview Questions

• What are some products that our firm offers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school and received an email approximately two weeks later requesting a phone interview. I filled out my available times and was contact via the number I provided at the specified times. I was given two back to back phone interviews, each 30 minutes long. Both of them were behavioral and very relaxed. One from NYC and one from Columbus, Ohio. I was able to ask a large variety of questions I had as well as answer theirs. About a week later I received a phone call from the hiring manager congratulating me on my acceptance into the program. A few days alter I received my email notification and had 3 weeks to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was given a location, pay, benefits and contract.

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Interview

THe team at JP Morgan was very responsive and helpful. The internship was an excellent experience and I would definitely recommend it for undergrads. You learn a lot about the corporate environment and about working independently on projects. There were several social events to keep interns engaged and we even had the opportunity to see c-suite execs speak via telepresensce.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you've had to deal witha difficult team member.   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. Initial campus interview which was simple…just your typical behavioral questions. Then there was a group interview at the office. The group interview sounds a little intimidating, but it really wasn't that bad. Basically they just want to analyze your problem solving skills and see how you interact in a group setting.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any job in the company, which would it be and why   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Was invited for a Superday after attending an informational event. Consisted of 2 "1/2 hour" interviews with 2 separate interviewers. 1 interview is resume review and "how did you handle a difficult situation, what are your other interest" questions. Other is more technical: "What are some of the regulations J.P. Morgan might face; What financial stories have caught your eye?". Will hear back "in a couple of weeks". Haven't received offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What are some regulations J.P. Morgan may face in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was abroad my spring semester Junior year of college but had applied online through our Career Services Portal. I received an email about a month later and then had two 30-minute phone calls with JPM VP's and it was entirely behavioral - no technical questions; they mostly wanted to understand why I applied and why I want to spend a summer at JPM.

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Amherst, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through my campus and interviewed on campus about a week later. It was two 30 min interviews with one involving mainly questions while the other interview was talking mainly about my resume. I did not get the position and was emailed a couple weeks later letting me know I was denied.

Interview Questions

• What field are you interested in? What makes you stand apart? What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE).

Interview

There was a group interview when I was applying. They divided us up into teams of 5 and gave us a puzzle. Basically the puzzle was 5 people, who lived in 5 houses with 5 hobbies and 5 cars, and each person in the interview group had only some of the information. Without being able to show each other the cards, our job was to figure out the whole story and be able to present the correct information back to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• "You have two items, one is twice as expensive as the other, and the total cost is $15.00. How much is each?" Given with no warning in the middle of a behavioral interview. Not difficult but could catch you off guard if you get too relaxed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied through school online. Contacted about three weeks later for a basic phone interview. Emailed a week or so later inviting me to come up to Chicago for a four-ish hour morning interview block. There were three or four 15 minute conversations (not especially difficult -- they were pretty nice people, actually), and then a six or seven person group activity. They called with an offer about 10 days later.

Interview Questions

• The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question

Wasn't the area I wanted to be in.