J.P. Morgan Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview Questions

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Met on campus. 2-30 min interviews. Several behavioral based questions, mostly resume review. Both were managers explaining their roles in the company and how important internships are to enter into the banking industry.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Was invited for a Superday after attending an informational event. Consisted of 2 "1/2 hour" interviews with 2 separate interviewers. 1 interview is resume review and "how did you handle a difficult situation, what are your other interest" questions. Other is more technical: "What are some of the regulations J.P. Morgan might face; What financial stories have caught your eye?". Will hear back "in a couple of weeks". Haven't received offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What are some regulations J.P. Morgan may face in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting website. Was notified a few weeks later that I had received an interview offer. I interviewed with one lady. on campus, for about 30 minutes, and then went into another room for another 30 minute phone interview. The questions were not too hard, mostly behavioral questions that one might expect.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay up to do date on current financial news? Give me an example that happened recently.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. The interview consisted of a 30 min phone interview and a 30 min in person interview with a recruiter. The questions were geared to assess interest in financial services and to assess analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you were due to present a presentation in front of a bunch of higher-ups and 20 min before it was time to present, you realized that a piece of data in one of your key slides was incorrect? The decks have already been printed   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE).

Interview

There was a group interview when I was applying. They divided us up into teams of 5 and gave us a puzzle. Basically the puzzle was 5 people, who lived in 5 houses with 5 hobbies and 5 cars, and each person in the interview group had only some of the information. Without being able to show each other the cards, our job was to figure out the whole story and be able to present the correct information back to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• "You have two items, one is twice as expensive as the other, and the total cost is $15.00. How much is each?"

Given with no warning in the middle of a behavioral interview. Not difficult but could catch you off guard if you get too relaxed.

1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Amherst, MA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through my campus and interviewed on campus about a week later. It was two 30 min interviews with one involving mainly questions while the other interview was talking mainly about my resume. I did not get the position and was emailed a couple weeks later letting me know I was denied.

Interview Questions

• What field are you interested in? What makes you stand apart? What are some of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online (JP Morgan doesn't recruit on my campus) and got an email asking for a phone interview about a month later. It was an hour long interview with two guys who had worked there for quite a while each. They asked a bunch of behavioral questions, wanted to have a conversation and get to know me. Overall a really pleasant and informational interview. They definitely sold the position to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school and received an email approximately two weeks later requesting a phone interview. I filled out my available times and was contact via the number I provided at the specified times.

I was given two back to back phone interviews, each 30 minutes long. Both of them were behavioral and very relaxed. One from NYC and one from Columbus, Ohio. I was able to ask a large variety of questions I had as well as answer theirs.

About a week later I received a phone call from the hiring manager congratulating me on my acceptance into the program. A few days alter I received my email notification and had 3 weeks to accept or decline the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was given a location, pay, benefits and contract.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I attended a half day event where there was speakers and a panel set up to help the candidates better understand the position and company. There were two 30 minute interviews back to back that were behavioral/situational. They asked: tell me about yourself, tell me about this on your resume, the share price, current events, work ethic, etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about J.P. Morgan? What are our businesses?
      What is your work ethic like?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New Orleans, LA) in May 2013.

Interview

I made it to the second round of interviews. The first was a screening/brief phone interview with someone from Chicago, the second was an on campus interview with 2 employees. There weren't many questions asked, more of a conversation about working there. I felt very good about it and enjoyed it. Unfortunately they were only trying to fill a one position and the job went out to an older more qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work in individually or in a team setting?   Answer Question