J.P. Morgan Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.8

23 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westerville, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied on line. and they called with a phone interview, that went well. then a few days later they called me for a face to face interview with two people. that went well also. They called me a week later and offered me the position. I accepted.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Went through a Temp agency and was sent to the site in Newark for a 3 person interview

Interview Questions
    • All teh questions were the same from all the interviewers   Answer Question
    the pay was set

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Applied online a week ago. Received an email this past Saturday requesting a phone interview. Phone interview today, Monday, which last about 20 minutes. Very detailed questions involving job history, customer service background, various customer service scenarios as well as explaining exactly what I did at each job listed on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service but the customer still wasn't happy.   Answer Question
    Accepted 1/1 interview which is scheduled in two days.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The response to my initial posting was within 48 hours. However I had worked for Chase previously so I believe that is why it was so quick. The interview went well, just basic "tell me about a time when you..." questions. The decision to hire me was also within a couple of days.

It felt like I was pulling teeth for an extra $1000 per year. I only negotiated the minimum salary expectation I originally indicated on my application. They initially offered me less than that. Even still, I've found out that there are employees making upwards of 3k more per year. So my advice is that if you have experience, shoot for 5k more than what is initially offered.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

I was e-mailed that I would be having a phone interview within a week or so. I never got a call so I asked them what was that about and they told me there was a delay and that they would call again within a week. Well guess what? They never did call...I felt like they just dropped me when they kept telling me I would get a phone interview. I never got an explanation to what happened and I felt like it was very rude even though I followed up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

I applied online for this job on JPMorgan's career hiring website. As part of the process, you need to do an assessment test - which is not hard as long as you read the directions. Other companies in the Central Ohio area have the same test (such as United Health).

I was initially contacted by an HR Rep. who did a phone interview over the phone; after a short conversation (perhaps no more than 30 minutes), I was asked to set up a time to see a manager.

When I got to Chase to interview with the manager, he had an attitude from the get-go. He seemed to act as if I was wasting his time; and asked "Why should we rehire you? I see you've worked for Chase before." He implied that I was the one who did the leaving, and I gently corrected him - my entire department had been eliminated.

In all, it was not a pleasurable experience. The manager seemed to have his mind made up before the interview even started not to hire me. I would not recommend interviewing with this company if all of their customer service managers are this judgmental.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions were behavioral questions / I would recommend having prepared answers to any and all behavioral questions having to do with customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

The interview process is great. Very friendly and caring. They explain the job in great detail.

Interview Questions
    • Put on the spot by having to act like you are making a collection call to a card member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Heathrow, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Initially I was called by a recruiter over the phone and did a short interview mostly about past experiences and my values towards customer service. The second part had me come in for an interview with the HR representative and the manager of my particular queue. After the interview, I received a phone call from another recruiter who offered me the position

Interview Questions
    • If I told you this interview was going bad, would it make you question some of the answers you gave?   View Answer
    There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

2 phone interviews and one one on one interview. Was important to mention how flexible you are and how you will go above and beyond for the customer.

Yes. Consider base pay before shift and language differential.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

You were given a sample of a complaint email regarding a mortgage foreclosure, and then asked questions about it. It was for a new division JPM said they were starting, but I never heard anything back from the company.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who refused to talk to you and only wanted to speak to your manager   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!