J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

20 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went through a Temp agency and was sent to the site in Newark for a 3 person interview

Interview Question – All teh questions were the same from all the interviewers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the pay was set

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details – I was e-mailed that I would be having a phone interview within a week or so. I never got a call so I asked them what was that about and they told me there was a delay and that they would call again within a week. Well guess what? They never did call...I felt like they just dropped me when they kept telling me I would get a phone interview. I never got an explanation to what happened and I felt like it was very rude even though I followed up.

Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online a week ago. Received an email this past Saturday requesting a phone interview. Phone interview today, Monday, which last about 20 minutes. Very detailed questions involving job history, customer service background, various customer service scenarios as well as explaining exactly what I did at each job listed on my resume.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service but the customer still wasn't happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted 1/1 interview which is scheduled in two days.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – The response to my initial posting was within 48 hours. However I had worked for Chase previously so I believe that is why it was so quick. The interview went well, just basic "tell me about a time when you..." questions. The decision to hire me was also within a couple of days.

Negotiation Details – It felt like I was pulling teeth for an extra $1000 per year. I only negotiated the minimum salary expectation I originally indicated on my application. They initially offered me less than that. Even still, I've found out that there are employees making upwards of 3k more per year. So my advice is that if you have experience, shoot for 5k more than what is initially offered.

Heathrow, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I was called by a recruiter over the phone and did a short interview mostly about past experiences and my values towards customer service. The second part had me come in for an interview with the HR representative and the manager of my particular queue. After the interview, I received a phone call from another recruiter who offered me the position

Interview Question – If I told you this interview was going bad, would it make you question some of the answers you gave?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none

Westerville, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for this job on JPMorgan's career hiring website. As part of the process, you need to do an assessment test - which is not hard as long as you read the directions. Other companies in the Central Ohio area have the same test (such as United Health).

I was initially contacted by an HR Rep. who did a phone interview over the phone; after a short conversation (perhaps no more than 30 minutes), I was asked to set up a time to see a manager.

When I got to Chase to interview with the manager, he had an attitude from the get-go. He seemed to act as if I was wasting his time; and asked "Why should we rehire you? I see you've worked for Chase before." He implied that I was the one who did the leaving, and I gently corrected him - my entire department had been eliminated.

In all, it was not a pleasurable experience. The manager seemed to have his mind made up before the interview even started not to hire me. I would not recommend interviewing with this company if all of their customer service managers are this judgmental.

Interview Question – A lot of the questions were behavioral questions / I would recommend having prepared answers to any and all behavioral questions having to do with customer service.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2008.

Interview Details – Automated application at company website; interview and testing. Phone interview to test language skills because I wasapplying for a bilingual poisition. That came after I passed the practice call handling at the face-to-face interview after basic screening.

Interview Question – Mock call handling at interview to see how you handle a difficult caller.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Elgin, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and one one on one interview. Was important to mention how flexible you are and how you will go above and beyond for the customer.

Negotiation Details – Yes. Consider base pay before shift and language differential.

Brooklyn, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – You were given a sample of a complaint email regarding a mortgage foreclosure, and then asked questions about it. It was for a new division JPM said they were starting, but I never heard anything back from the company.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a customer who refused to talk to you and only wanted to speak to your manager   Answer Question

Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2011.

Interview Details – They call you asking about your job history and then they state they will call you back and then never do and you get an email stating you didn't get the job

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 20 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.