J.P. Morgan Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First is a phone interview. After, two interviews with two different managers broken into 30 minute sessions. One manager has you read a disclosure and asks you situational questions mostly about team work and difficult coworker situations. Other manager asks you basically same general questions as well as situational questions pertaining to personal character and resolving issues.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer
  • Give an example of when you had a coworker that wasn't easy to get along with.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Westerville, OH).

Interview

I applied on line. and they called with a phone interview, that went well. then a few days later they called me for a face to face interview with two people. that went well also. They called me a week later and offered me the position. I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in September 2013.

Interview

Went through a Temp agency and was sent to the site in Newark for a 3 person interview

Interview Questions

• All teh questions were the same from all the interviewers   Answer Question

Negotiation

the pay was set

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lake Mary, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online a week ago. Received an email this past Saturday requesting a phone interview. Phone interview today, Monday, which last about 20 minutes. Very detailed questions involving job history, customer service background, various customer service scenarios as well as explaining exactly what I did at each job listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service but the customer still wasn't happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted 1/1 interview which is scheduled in two days.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The response to my initial posting was within 48 hours. However I had worked for Chase previously so I believe that is why it was so quick. The interview went well, just basic "tell me about a time when you..." questions. The decision to hire me was also within a couple of days.

Negotiation

It felt like I was pulling teeth for an extra $1000 per year. I only negotiated the minimum salary expectation I originally indicated on my application. They initially offered me less than that. Even still, I've found out that there are employees making upwards of 3k more per year. So my advice is that if you have experience, shoot for 5k more than what is initially offered.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview

I was e-mailed that I would be having a phone interview within a week or so. I never got a call so I asked them what was that about and they told me there was a delay and that they would call again within a week. Well guess what? They never did call...I felt like they just dropped me when they kept telling me I would get a phone interview. I never got an explanation to what happened and I felt like it was very rude even though I followed up.

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Westerville, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online for this job on JPMorgan's career hiring website. As part of the process, you need to do an assessment test - which is not hard as long as you read the directions. Other companies in the Central Ohio area have the same test (such as United Health).

I was initially contacted by an HR Rep. who did a phone interview over the phone; after a short conversation (perhaps no more than 30 minutes), I was asked to set up a time to see a manager.

When I got to Chase to interview with the manager, he had an attitude from the get-go. He seemed to act as if I was wasting his time; and asked "Why should we rehire you? I see you've worked for Chase before." He implied that I was the one who did the leaving, and I gently corrected him - my entire department had been eliminated.

In all, it was not a pleasurable experience. The manager seemed to have his mind made up before the interview even started not to hire me. I would not recommend interviewing with this company if all of their customer service managers are this judgmental.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were behavioral questions / I would recommend having prepared answers to any and all behavioral questions having to do with customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Elgin, IL) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process is great. Very friendly and caring. They explain the job in great detail.

Interview Questions

• Put on the spot by having to act like you are making a collection call to a card member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Heathrow, FL) in November 2011.

Interview

Initially I was called by a recruiter over the phone and did a short interview mostly about past experiences and my values towards customer service. The second part had me come in for an interview with the HR representative and the manager of my particular queue. After the interview, I received a phone call from another recruiter who offered me the position

Interview Questions

• If I told you this interview was going bad, would it make you question some of the answers you gave?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Elgin, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one one on one interview. Was important to mention how flexible you are and how you will go above and beyond for the customer.

Negotiation

Yes. Consider base pay before shift and language differential.