J.P. Morgan Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Heathrow, FL).

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. After the first interview they schedule you for a second interview after the second interview you do the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Role play how you would handle a phone call with a customer   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

My interview was quick and thorough. They made it clear I would be unable to keep my part time job bartending as all second jobs had to be approved by the higher ups. I had a thorough understanding of the job requirements.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2015.

Interview

fairly basic and straight forward. Applied one night and took an online assessment.
    I was contacted by a recruiter maybe a day or two later to set up phone interview. The interview questions were standard customer service questions ie; tell me about a time when... difficult customer. How do you handle a coworker you didn't get along with. what would your previous managers, coworkers, or teachers say about you. Not extremely difficult if you have been interviewed for customer service jobs before.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and tell me how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

First is a phone interview. After, two interviews with two different managers broken into 30 minute sessions. One manager has you read a disclosure and asks you situational questions mostly about team work and difficult coworker situations. Other manager asks you basically same general questions as well as situational questions pertaining to personal character and resolving issues.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you had to handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer
    • Give an example of when you had a coworker that wasn't easy to get along with.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Westerville, OH).

Interview

I applied on line. and they called with a phone interview, that went well. then a few days later they called me for a face to face interview with two people. that went well also. They called me a week later and offered me the position. I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in September 2013.

Interview

Went through a Temp agency and was sent to the site in Newark for a 3 person interview

Interview Questions

• All teh questions were the same from all the interviewers   Answer Question

Negotiation

the pay was set

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lake Mary, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online a week ago. Received an email this past Saturday requesting a phone interview. Phone interview today, Monday, which last about 20 minutes. Very detailed questions involving job history, customer service background, various customer service scenarios as well as explaining exactly what I did at each job listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service but the customer still wasn't happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Accepted 1/1 interview which is scheduled in two days.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

The response to my initial posting was within 48 hours. However I had worked for Chase previously so I believe that is why it was so quick. The interview went well, just basic "tell me about a time when you..." questions. The decision to hire me was also within a couple of days.

Negotiation

It felt like I was pulling teeth for an extra $1000 per year. I only negotiated the minimum salary expectation I originally indicated on my application. They initially offered me less than that. Even still, I've found out that there are employees making upwards of 3k more per year. So my advice is that if you have experience, shoot for 5k more than what is initially offered.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview

I was e-mailed that I would be having a phone interview within a week or so. I never got a call so I asked them what was that about and they told me there was a delay and that they would call again within a week. Well guess what? They never did call...I felt like they just dropped me when they kept telling me I would get a phone interview. I never got an explanation to what happened and I felt like it was very rude even though I followed up.

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Westerville, OH) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online for this job on JPMorgan's career hiring website. As part of the process, you need to do an assessment test - which is not hard as long as you read the directions. Other companies in the Central Ohio area have the same test (such as United Health).

I was initially contacted by an HR Rep. who did a phone interview over the phone; after a short conversation (perhaps no more than 30 minutes), I was asked to set up a time to see a manager.

When I got to Chase to interview with the manager, he had an attitude from the get-go. He seemed to act as if I was wasting his time; and asked "Why should we rehire you? I see you've worked for Chase before." He implied that I was the one who did the leaving, and I gently corrected him - my entire department had been eliminated.

In all, it was not a pleasurable experience. The manager seemed to have his mind made up before the interview even started not to hire me. I would not recommend interviewing with this company if all of their customer service managers are this judgmental.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were behavioral questions / I would recommend having prepared answers to any and all behavioral questions having to do with customer service.   Answer Question