J.P. Morgan

Updated Jun 11, 2014

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Westerville, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for this job on JPMorgan's career hiring website. As part of the process, you need to do an assessment test - which is not hard as long as you read the directions. Other companies in the Central Ohio area have the same test (such as United Health).

I was initially contacted by an HR Rep. who did a phone interview over the phone; after a short conversation (perhaps no more than 30 minutes), I was asked to set up a time to see a manager.

When I got to Chase to interview with the manager, he had an attitude from the get-go. He seemed to act as if I was wasting his time; and asked "Why should we rehire you? I see you've worked for Chase before." He implied that I was the one who did the leaving, and I gently corrected him - my entire department had been eliminated.

In all, it was not a pleasurable experience. The manager seemed to have his mind made up before the interview even started not to hire me. I would not recommend interviewing with this company if all of their customer service managers are this judgmental.

Interview Question – A lot of the questions were behavioral questions / I would recommend having prepared answers to any and all behavioral questions having to do with customer service.   Answer Question

Heathrow, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I was called by a recruiter over the phone and did a short interview mostly about past experiences and my values towards customer service. The second part had me come in for an interview with the HR representative and the manager of my particular queue. After the interview, I received a phone call from another recruiter who offered me the position

Interview Question – If I told you this interview was going bad, would it make you question some of the answers you gave?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none

Cebu City (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details – Gone through Initial Interview, H.R. Interview, and Communications Interview. They Said that they would call within 1-2 days, but they never called. No email was sent.

Interview Question – During communications interview, you must really SPEAK UP. Otherwise they will lose interest in you   Answer Question

Davao (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. after a week they contacted me for an initial interview then scheduled for an interviwe to hr and communication skills. there are 4 phases in the hiring process unfortunatrly i was only till the 3rd phase. they did sent me an email after 2 days informing that i didnt make it for the position.

Interview Question – all answers that you have you must related to your current or previous jobs . regarding on handling situations like whats the greatest decision you have made, situations in which u've gone beyond your job.   Answer Question

Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online a week ago. Received an email this past Saturday requesting a phone interview. Phone interview today, Monday, which last about 20 minutes. Very detailed questions involving job history, customer service background, various customer service scenarios as well as explaining exactly what I did at each job listed on my resume.

Interview Question – Give me an example of a time when you provided excellent customer service but the customer still wasn't happy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Accepted 1/1 interview which is scheduled in two days.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details – Person from OPs talked about my reasons for leaving the present job, which I found particularly strange. Instead of quizzing me regarding my work ability, the person rather seemed more interested in knowing the 'juicy' details of the reasons why I am quitting my previous job. My response to their two distinct questions immediately gave away their fear. Instead of treating me as a fair candidate, I was treated as a potentially hostile candidate who may someday threaten their position in the company. However, I must say, the entire conduct was polite, courteous and an attempt was made not to let their personal emotions reflect in the process. In a nutshell it was indeed a professional conduct, to that certain extent.

Interview Question – A role play scenario was given. With a clear instruction on I don't need to know the basis and the hypothetical assumption was presented. I was told that I was expected to respond to the given scenario, in whatever way I thought was the best and give the reasons for my decision.   Answer Question

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details – Went through a Temp agency and was sent to the site in Newark for a 3 person interview

Interview Question – All teh questions were the same from all the interviewers   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the pay was set

Deerfield Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

Interview Details – phone interview, initial screening with team, interview with branch manager

Interview Question – Describe a time when a customer was dissatisfied with your service or product.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – accepted another offer

Tampa, FL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed seperately with both a team lead and a manager. The whole process took about an hour. I thought it went very well and the manager even went so far as to show me how I could apply my skills and background in the department and how I could move up over time. He even went on describing all the company benefits and when I could start (I always thought that when the hiring individual tries selling you on the company that you are probably going to be hired). He kept reiterating that I would hear from them within a week or two. Well, it's been a month and all I've heard is silence. The manager went so far as to give me his personal office number which I left him two messages on. I thought Chase had more class and professionalism then not even bothering with notifying people they interviewed whether they got the job or not. Even a generic rejection email would have sufficed.

Interview Question – Tell me about a very difficult client/co-worker you had to deal with.   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very corporate in the process of HR down to actual hiring manager. Nothing to dramatic or unseen from prior interviews and overall the process was long and drawn out.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you encountered in your prior job.   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!