J.P. Morgan

Updated Apr 13, 2014

Getting the Interview

21 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Cebu City (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2013.

Interview Details – Gone through Initial Interview, H.R. Interview, and Communications Interview. They Said that they would call within 1-2 days, but they never called. No email was sent.

Interview Question – During communications interview, you must really SPEAK UP. Otherwise they will lose interest in you   Answer Question

Westerville, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for this job on JPMorgan's career hiring website. As part of the process, you need to do an assessment test - which is not hard as long as you read the directions. Other companies in the Central Ohio area have the same test (such as United Health).

I was initially contacted by an HR Rep. who did a phone interview over the phone; after a short conversation (perhaps no more than 30 minutes), I was asked to set up a time to see a manager.

When I got to Chase to interview with the manager, he had an attitude from the get-go. He seemed to act as if I was wasting his time; and asked "Why should we rehire you? I see you've worked for Chase before." He implied that I was the one who did the leaving, and I gently corrected him - my entire department had been eliminated.

In all, it was not a pleasurable experience. The manager seemed to have his mind made up before the interview even started not to hire me. I would not recommend interviewing with this company if all of their customer service managers are this judgmental.

Interview Question – A lot of the questions were behavioral questions / I would recommend having prepared answers to any and all behavioral questions having to do with customer service.   Answer Question

Davao (Philippines)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online. after a week they contacted me for an initial interview then scheduled for an interviwe to hr and communication skills. there are 4 phases in the hiring process unfortunatrly i was only till the 3rd phase. they did sent me an email after 2 days informing that i didnt make it for the position.

Interview Question – all answers that you have you must related to your current or previous jobs . regarding on handling situations like whats the greatest decision you have made, situations in which u've gone beyond your job.   Answer Question

Heathrow, FL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Interview Details – Initially I was called by a recruiter over the phone and did a short interview mostly about past experiences and my values towards customer service. The second part had me come in for an interview with the HR representative and the manager of my particular queue. After the interview, I received a phone call from another recruiter who offered me the position

Interview Question – If I told you this interview was going bad, would it make you question some of the answers you gave?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Went very quickly once you interviewed. Drug test, fingerprinting, backround check went smoothly, but you have to stay on top of the process.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job.   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2008.

Interview Details – Automated application at company website; interview and testing. Phone interview to test language skills because I wasapplying for a bilingual poisition. That came after I passed the practice call handling at the face-to-face interview after basic screening.

Interview Question – Mock call handling at interview to see how you handle a difficult caller.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Elgin, IL

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and one one on one interview. Was important to mention how flexible you are and how you will go above and beyond for the customer.

Negotiation Details – Yes. Consider base pay before shift and language differential.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

Interview Details – Person from OPs talked about my reasons for leaving the present job, which I found particularly strange. Instead of quizzing me regarding my work ability, the person rather seemed more interested in knowing the 'juicy' details of the reasons why I am quitting my previous job. My response to their two distinct questions immediately gave away their fear. Instead of treating me as a fair candidate, I was treated as a potentially hostile candidate who may someday threaten their position in the company. However, I must say, the entire conduct was polite, courteous and an attempt was made not to let their personal emotions reflect in the process. In a nutshell it was indeed a professional conduct, to that certain extent.

Interview Question – A role play scenario was given. With a clear instruction on I don't need to know the basis and the hypothetical assumption was presented. I was told that I was expected to respond to the given scenario, in whatever way I thought was the best and give the reasons for my decision.   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – You were given a sample of a complaint email regarding a mortgage foreclosure, and then asked questions about it. It was for a new division JPM said they were starting, but I never heard anything back from the company.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a customer who refused to talk to you and only wanted to speak to your manager   Answer Question

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very corporate in the process of HR down to actual hiring manager. Nothing to dramatic or unseen from prior interviews and overall the process was long and drawn out.

Interview Question – Describe a difficult situation you encountered in your prior job.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 21 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.