J.P. Morgan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Corporate Analyst Interview

Summer Corporate Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR person who found my resume on my school's career website. I was scheduled for a 30-minute on-campus interview with the VP of the group I was going to work with. Most of the questions were behavioral questions (e.g. strengths & weaknesses, teamwork, difficult situations, etc.).

Interview Question – The interviewer asked a brain-teaser/math related question and allowed me time to answer. We then sat in silence for almost 10 minutes. I managed to answer correctly.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Associate Interview

Applications Developer Associate
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process is very slow.Not at all professional.Interview was re scheduled several times.After 4 rounds of interview are over they will keep as waiting telling all sorts of excuses until they get more suitable candidates.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Compliance Officer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I sent an email to JP Morgan's applying for the position. I received a phone call within 5 minutes and had an interview scheduled within 48 hour. It was two interview sessions on the same day. First interview was geared to gain a grasp of my personality, and the second interview was geared to gain a grasp of my technical ability and accomplishments.

Negotiation Details – They offered me more than I had asked for, so there was no negotiation.

Operations Specialist Interview

Operations Specialist
Arlington, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2010.

Interview Details – Long and tedious but, worth it

Negotiation Details – no negotiation it was take it or leave it

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through a staffing agency. The position was in the Asset Management group. I interviewed with three managers.
First Manager - General operational questions
Second Manager - Specific finance related questions
Third Manager - MS Excel and Access related questions

Interview Question – MS Excel & Access related questions - Explain how you will write a query for this specific problem.   View Answer

Operations Control Intern Interview

Operations Control Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who had access to my resume via my school's career website and asked if I'd be interested in setting up an interview. I did not write a cover letter or apply for this job. I went in for an interview a week later. It consisted of two interviews-one from a manager and one from a VP. The VP's interview was more of him just speaking to me about the position. Interviews were not very difficult.

Interview Question – Asked for my 30 second elevator speech.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Intern Interview

Operations Analyst Intern
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I had two back to back on-campus interviews around late January early February. The interviewers asked a mix of behavioral and technical questions. I heard back in April if I received an offer or not.

Interview Question – How do you keep up with everything that is going on on Wall Street? Do you know how to use pivot tables and V-look up on Excel? Rate your excel proficiency.   Answer Question

Chase Leadership Development Program Summer Analyst Interview

Chase Leadership Development Program Summer Analyst
Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was a very pleasant one. I was contacted after submitting my resume about 3 days later. I met on campus with a 1:1 interview with HR. That went really well we laughed and she got a grasp on who i was and what i wanted to do. The questions were not hard at all they included "What are you 3 strengths?" Another one was purely to see if you knew and did research about the company "What do you know about JP Morgan Chase" this was where i shined i researched and gave her a brief history of JP Morgan Chase and her eyebrows were definitely raised and she was impressed. Other questions were "What stock would you recommend?" "From 1 to 3 most important to least where would you rank Analytical, Strategic, and Technical?" "Tell me about you most proudest accomplishment" Pretty much personality questions they want to get to know you.

Interview Question – "From 1 to 3 most important to least where would you rank Analytical, Strategic, and Technical?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Research the company

Very Easy Interview

Personal Banker I Interview

Personal Banker I
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with the Branch Manager and a Branch Manager from an alternate location. SAR questions, with some questions about background.

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate the salary since it was at the top of what I was expecting for this position.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Mortgage Banker
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Interview Details – 2-3 phone interviews, was hired via phone. Manager was inexperienced.

Interview Question – Will you be able to bring in a minimum of 7 application per month?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I only lasted 6 months with the firm due to poor operations department who seemed dysfunctional and lost when working on mortgage loans.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!