J.P. Morgan

Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.8

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Awesome internal recruiters. They were very helpful through the entire interview process. Everything went smoothly as expected. I had one phone screen and two in person interviews before being made an official offer.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Executive Assistant Interview

This was very hard. They asked how many oranges I could juggle at once while holding two bannass and a tennis racket, i did t do well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Overall a bad experience. Appt is set up by a recruiter who has prepped me for the position and has in advance (thankfully) said "don't expect to spend more than 15 minutes" w/ the HR person. I arrive a few minutes early and have to wait in the building lobby vs. a reception area. I meet the HR staffer who brings me to her office and says "we'll have to stop if my colleague returns" (it was a shared office). What? How's that work for you all day? Should we really be in a conf room then?

Very first question is: "what is your compensation expectation of us?". I am taken aback as we are all always told never discuss salary first thing. And I've come here via a recruiter who has at the very least laid out the salary range. I assure her the offering is on par w/ my needs but she really wants a hard/firm bottom line number.

We finally move on and discuss my background - past forward. As I answer her question about job X she actually yawns in boredom. Super rude. I continue and start talking about my most recent role and she can't find it on my cv. Because - she only has page 2 on her desk. (I offered a fresh copy upon arrival - declined). She uses a group printer outside her office w/ 15+ others and page one was probably picked up by someone else in error. At this point she actually accuses me of not submitting page 1. My CV is a 2 page PDF...

The interview is realistically over at this point and I just want to leave. She has not met the team/individual I'll be supporting and can't answer any questions about the role... Total time: 11 minutes. Huge waste of time. I did not ever expect to hear from her and never did.

Interview Questions
    • Very first question is: "what is your compensation expectation of us?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I submitted my application/resume first week in December 2012. I received a call on 12/12/12 about setting up an HR phone interview on 12/14. After I passed the phone interview I met an HR rep in person on 12/17. Passed that interview with flying colors. Next step was to interview with five individuals on 12/21 which took about 3 hours. The interview was so relaxed yet extremely professional. I received the job offer on 1/22/13.

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions regarding an Executive Assistant covering MD's   Answer Question
    I received the salary that I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

The process was relatively easy. I was emailed an itinerary, with all the details for interview day. I had a full day set up with the HR Recruiter, several Directors and then finally the Executive. I was brought back a second time to meet with the current EA and they Executive.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question
    I actually gave a range and they topped that range.

Executive Assistant Interview

I first had a phone screen with someone from the HR department out of New York. I was then asked to go in and meet with the San Francisco office. At the first meeting I briefly met with 4 different people that I ended up working with every day. I was asked to return the following day to meet with 3 additional people including some of the people I would support.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much room for negotiations