J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – Overall a bad experience. Appt is set up by a recruiter who has prepped me for the position and has in advance (thankfully) said "don't expect to spend more than 15 minutes" w/ the HR person. I arrive a few minutes early and have to wait in the building lobby vs. a reception area. I meet the HR staffer who brings me to her office and says "we'll have to stop if my colleague returns" (it was a shared office). What? How's that work for you all day? Should we really be in a conf room then?

Very first question is: "what is your compensation expectation of us?". I am taken aback as we are all always told never discuss salary first thing. And I've come here via a recruiter who has at the very least laid out the salary range. I assure her the offering is on par w/ my needs but she really wants a hard/firm bottom line number.

We finally move on and discuss my background - past forward. As I answer her question about job X she actually yawns in boredom. Super rude. I continue and start talking about my most recent role and she can't find it on my cv. Because - she only has page 2 on her desk. (I offered a fresh copy upon arrival - declined). She uses a group printer outside her office w/ 15+ others and page one was probably picked up by someone else in error. At this point she actually accuses me of not submitting page 1. My CV is a 2 page PDF...

The interview is realistically over at this point and I just want to leave. She has not met the team/individual I'll be supporting and can't answer any questions about the role... Total time: 11 minutes. Huge waste of time. I did not ever expect to hear from her and never did.

Interview Question – Very first question is: "what is your compensation expectation of us?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – This was very hard. They asked how many oranges I could juggle at once while holding two bannass and a tennis racket, i did t do well.

Interview Question – What is the world populationf of the world/   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

Interview Details – The process was relatively easy. I was emailed an itinerary, with all the details for interview day. I had a full day set up with the HR Recruiter, several Directors and then finally the Executive. I was brought back a second time to meet with the current EA and they Executive.

Interview Question – I don't think there was a difficult or unexpected question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I actually gave a range and they topped that range.

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I submitted my application/resume first week in December 2012. I received a call on 12/12/12 about setting up an HR phone interview on 12/14. After I passed the phone interview I met an HR rep in person on 12/17. Passed that interview with flying colors. Next step was to interview with five individuals on 12/21 which took about 3 hours. The interview was so relaxed yet extremely professional. I received the job offer on 1/22/13.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions regarding an Executive Assistant covering MD's   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received the salary that I asked for.

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – I first had a phone screen with someone from the HR department out of New York. I was then asked to go in and meet with the San Francisco office. At the first meeting I briefly met with 4 different people that I ended up working with every day. I was asked to return the following day to meet with 3 additional people including some of the people I would support.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected or difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiations

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!