J.P. Morgan Executive Director Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The interviews happened very quickly. All the four interviewers liked me and wanted to proceed with the offer. Even the HR person called to confirm that the offer will come. But it did not. They could not even meet my current base salary.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to my experience. No general questions.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone interviews after initial phone screen. Took a very long time to get replies. After initial outreach from recruiter, took multiple weeks to set up interview. Feedback and response after the interview was over a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview It was not really easy, everything exceeds my expectation. It was not pretty smooth and relaxing. Give an example of a time you successfully worked on a team.What major challenges and problems did you face?

Interview Questions

• how many years experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed by 14 Managing Directors

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Comp was lower than other offers, but job more interesting. I could have negotiated harder, but did not.

Executive Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2010.

Interview

Applied through the company website. I was contacted very quickly after my application was submitted for an initial meeting with the HR recruiter. I had a total of six interviews, over the course of three weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were very reasonable.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interviewer was not very interested in describing the position and the firm, but started with very detailed questions on my previous career path, up to 12 years ago. He wrote down exactly when I had been promoted to analyst, associate, VP etc, which seemed to me quite unusual. His attitude was overall a bit unfriendly.

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Bangalore (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

Executive Search with a good job brief in advance. 2-3 rounds of interviews focusing on cultural fitment / capability vs aspiration assessment etc locally before 2 rounds of global connect focused on functional expertise & forward looking discussion

Interview Questions

• There were no business case studies or what-if scenarios - in the flow kind of discussion that led to assessment on various facets   Answer Question

Executive Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

1.Competency based interview with 7-8 people 2. It take a long time to arrange these interviews so the process may take up to 6 months 3. Mostly a CV based interview trying to understand the employees motivations and strengths 4. People interviewing are generally fairly experienced for ED interviews with at least 15-20 yrs of banking experience

Interview Questions

• Q1. Tell us about your career progression? Q2. Why are you interested in this role? Q3. Evolution of the banking landscape   Answer Question