J.P. Morgan Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone interview then one on one interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Antonio, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online, after a week received assessment test in email. After i passed assessment test phone interview was fixed. Hiring manager took my phone interview and was mainly over customer realted questions. I was told by the hiring manager that I will called for in-person interview next week. In-person interview was with my manager, it went good. Same day, they told me i got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Started with a brief phone screening; then first in person interview- standard interview, asked about experience, past performance, why I was looking to leave current job etc. At the end of that interview, I was told he wanted to have me meet with his boss, and that the admin would be in touch to schedule it. Didn't hear from her until I reached out again, but then was scheduled for round 2 a week or so later. That interview was more of the same, although I also had to role play a few sales scenarios. Knew it went well, and a few days later got a call discussing an offer with terms, etc, pending my background check clearing and my drug test being clear. Both of those were fine (surprisely no credit check), but I decided the pay was too low for me and declined the offer

Interview Questions

• Can you role play how you would call a client who just made a large deposit to try and uncover an investment opportunity?   Answer Question

Pay too low, didn't care for the manager I'd report to (unprofessional and seemed unintelligent)

Anonymous Employee in Wayne, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wayne, MI) in November 2010.

Interview

Phoned by Human Resources, called by Manager to set appointment for interview.
    Interview only consisted of reading my resume and requesting me to role play.

Interview Questions

• No question just role play "I'm a customer - sell me an investment"   1 Answer

They were not interested in my abilities or experience only my acting capabilities. Which I wasn't auditioning for an acting role. I was completely turned off by the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2010.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was then brought in to do a face to face with him. Since I am securities licensed they did a pre-background check on my licenses and contacted my previous employer. After that I was asked to attend an open house on the opportunity where prior to I did a presentation to 2 investment managers and then met with two other managers informally and the senior investment manager for the region along with a district manager for the bank branches. I then met with the district manager and branch manager of the branch I was slated to take the position in.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to present a non product specific investment solution as if it was being done to a client, the purpose was to assess my selling ability along with overcoming objections.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really isn't a whole lot of negotiation involved since it is a commission job, although they do pay a base salary it is charged against your commissions to essentially you are straight comm.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Boston, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

pretty arrogant actually. didn't even want to be a part of it.

Interview Questions

• i have mba's applying for this job. why would i ever hire you?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2009.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and a short one in person

Interview Questions

• How to handle an angry customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Lake Mary, FL) in June 2009.

Interview

I applied by a careerbuilder job posting. I was called by a recuriter who asked about some information on my resume. They then went into a phone interview about my past experience. A few days later I got another phone call to sent up another interview. In this interview I talked to the hiring manager and then to one of my future managers. The interview was mostly about my past experiences and how I could deal with many different situations at Chase.

Interview Questions

• In your past sales job using the S.T.A.R. formula, name and give some detail on a difficult objection and how you overcame it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation on salary.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Interview

The interview was very ordinary and what you would expect from a Bank. The sales manager was new to his position and it was obvious that he had not conducted many interviews in the past. I could tell he was new and didn't have a lot of the answers to the questions I had asked of him.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flushing, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Flushing, NY) in August 2007.

Interview

The interview first consisted of an area manager speaking to me, then he set up some time with his boss,the investment manager who came with his regional manager, they basically asked me about my approach to dealing with clients and bankers. I assume they were basically feeling me out to see if I was a personality that would fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a mutual fund to an un-educated client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, it is what it is.