J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Antonio, TX

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, after a week received assessment test in email. After i passed assessment test phone interview was fixed. Hiring manager took my phone interview and was mainly over customer realted questions. I was told by the hiring manager that I will called for in-person interview next week. In-person interview was with my manager, it went good. Same day, they told me i got the job.

Interview Question – all customer related questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Financial Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was over the phone and a short one in person

Interview Question – How to handle an angry customer   View Answer

Financial Advisor

I applied online and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Phone interview then one on one interview

Interview Question – tell me a time when..........   Answer Question

Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

Interview Details – Started with a brief phone screening; then first in person interview- standard interview, asked about experience, past performance, why I was looking to leave current job etc. At the end of that interview, I was told he wanted to have me meet with his boss, and that the admin would be in touch to schedule it. Didn't hear from her until I reached out again, but then was scheduled for round 2 a week or so later. That interview was more of the same, although I also had to role play a few sales scenarios. Knew it went well, and a few days later got a call discussing an offer with terms, etc, pending my background check clearing and my drug test being clear. Both of those were fine (surprisely no credit check), but I decided the pay was too low for me and declined the offer

Interview Question – Can you role play how you would call a client who just made a large deposit to try and uncover an investment opportunity?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay too low, didn't care for the manager I'd report to (unprofessional and seemed unintelligent)

Boston, MA

The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – pretty arrogant actually. didn't even want to be a part of it.

Interview Question – i have mba's applying for this job. why would i ever hire you?   Answer Question

Wayne, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

Interview Details – Phoned by Human Resources, called by Manager to set appointment for interview.
Interview only consisted of reading my resume and requesting me to role play.

Interview Question – No question just role play "I'm a customer - sell me an investment"   View Answer

Reason for Declining – They were not interested in my abilities or experience only my acting capabilities. Which I wasn't auditioning for an acting role. I was completely turned off by the company.

Lake Mary, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2009.

Interview Details – I applied by a careerbuilder job posting. I was called by a recuriter who asked about some information on my resume. They then went into a phone interview about my past experience. A few days later I got another phone call to sent up another interview. In this interview I talked to the hiring manager and then to one of my future managers. The interview was mostly about my past experiences and how I could deal with many different situations at Chase.

Interview Question – In your past sales job using the S.T.A.R. formula, name and give some detail on a difficult objection and how you overcame it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on salary.

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Interview Details – I initially had a phone interview with the hiring manager and was then brought in to do a face to face with him. Since I am securities licensed they did a pre-background check on my licenses and contacted my previous employer. After that I was asked to attend an open house on the opportunity where prior to I did a presentation to 2 investment managers and then met with two other managers informally and the senior investment manager for the region along with a district manager for the bank branches. I then met with the district manager and branch manager of the branch I was slated to take the position in.

Interview Question – I was asked to present a non product specific investment solution as if it was being done to a client, the purpose was to assess my selling ability along with overcoming objections.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There really isn't a whole lot of negotiation involved since it is a commission job, although they do pay a base salary it is charged against your commissions to essentially you are straight comm.

Flushing, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2007.

Interview Details – The interview first consisted of an area manager speaking to me, then he set up some time with his boss,the investment manager who came with his regional manager, they basically asked me about my approach to dealing with clients and bankers. I assume they were basically feeling me out to see if I was a personality that would fit in their culture.

Interview Question – How would you sell a mutual fund to an un-educated client?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, it is what it is.

Financial Advisor

The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was very ordinary and what you would expect from a Bank. The sales manager was new to his position and it was obvious that he had not conducted many interviews in the past. I could tell he was new and didn't have a lot of the answers to the questions I had asked of him.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan Financial Advisor interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.