J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 26, 2014

3.1

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

It wasn't easy, but it was good. Some interviewers were intense, others were very laid back. It was about 60/40 behavioral to technical. Be careful with your answers because the interviewers may use it against you in future questions. I prepared for it and it really helped.

Interview Questions
  • -After 3 yrs of successfully operating your coffee shop, you notice that your revenues are decreasing, but everything else on your financial statements remain the same. Where would you look for a possible explanation and what solution would you suggest?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

applied online. received a request for phone interview 2 weeks later. Interviewed on the phone same day of request. Behavioral questions and technical questions was asked. A day later, I was given an invited to "Super Day", I interviewed with two interviewers for 30mins back to back.

Interview Questions
    • You have a bat and a ball. The bat is 1 dollar more than the ball and they both add up to 2.50. How much are each?
      questions on the financial statements

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied through school career center. Response was prompt and the interview was easier than expected. Two JPMorgan workers interviewed me both from the commercial banking sector. This may be just me, but they only asked me one true behavioral interview question (when have you been a leader). I assume others may get more depending on who you are being interviewed by. If you are able to hold a conversation and stay interested in what the interviewers have to say, you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you had to step up as a leader?   View Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Selected for interview for Operations Analyst Internship, after interviewing expressed interest in Financial Anaylst Internship. Had two 30 minute phone interviews and recieved offer for both position in the following week.

Interview Questions
    • How well do you know excel? Tell me a few keyboard shortcuts you know.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Annual Convention on-site interview,got the opportunity by networking with recruiter.They called me and scheduled an interview on the very next day.First i interviewed with a lady from Miami Office,went through my resume and what did i do for each of the pervious jobs.But after being informed that my preferred city is Chicago,they scheduled me another one with a manager from Chicago Office and the second one didn't go well,coz they gave me to another person,Messy system

Interview Questions
    • What was the most regretful things you have done in your pervious jobs,what would you do if you get the chance to change?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Met with some recruiters at a NABA National Convention, where I interviewed on the spot. The interviews with two MDs were pretty relaxed and didn't consist of any technical questions, just picked my brain to see where my interests lied. However, the position offered I was not too interested in so they returned with a new opportunity. This time I had two back to back phone interviews about 30min each where it was pretty conversation based. There was one algebraic question about the ball and bat.

Interview Questions
    • If you buy a bat and ball for a total of $2.50, but the bat costs a dollar more than the ball. How much did you pay for each?   View Answers (3)
    Was able to negotiate my location, didn't attempt to negotiate salary from the original offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Initial communication came from a recruiter who reviewed my online application. An email with potential interview times was given to choose from and an appointment was set. Interview in Downtown Dallas (Plaza of the Americas) with the Hiring Manager. It seemed very disorganized as the floor and room were not reserved; pretty unprofessional for the potential career.

The interview questions were very standard which included situational and behavioral questions along with a little back and forth between myself and the manager. Make sure your ideas and examples are well thought out and aggressive as she had a tendency to over-speak everything I said. She also informed of the School that she went to and noted that almost every person on her team was from the same school. There were many trick questions thrown in about the company structure; my personal favorite was "What is the first and last name of our CEO?" -- hit or miss. The competition for this position was also very stiff with a noted "8 other applicants" I would be compared against.

The position requirements were 1-2 years of banking experience with a degree in business, prefferably Finance or Accounting. The posting also informed that only "recent college graduates" would be asked to provide their transcripts for review. However, this was plainly not true as I have several years of experience and they still requested the transcripts.

Several weeks went by before any word, then another email from the recruiter came through asking if I would be interested in another interview. We scheduled a time for what I understood was the initial position not knowing that she indeed filled the position and brought me in as a runner up. It was clear that she had no intention on pursuing my candidacy as she raced through the questions and cut me off multiple times; the manager even brought a 250 page 10K to the interview and asked me to explain to her what certain parts of it meant. After about 10 minutes of very awkward interviewing, she brought me to another room where I was administered a test and was given 30 minutes to calculate debt service coverage (dsc) ratios for a given company. Once that was finally over, she went through the test marking everything that was right or wrong and escorted me out of the building.

I was not offered the position, and frankly am delighted as I can see it would have been a very difficult place to deal with. The atmosphere was not welcoming in the least; I strongly encourage all potential applicants to really consider the benefits of the position to the stresses that you may endure.

Interview Questions
    • You have 30 minutes to complete this debt service analysis sheet given the company's 2012 YE financials. This is your calculator and definitions to some commonly used ratios; please inform me once you have completed.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

the interview process moves very fast. questions are standard and not more challenging than smaller companies. hire for full-time positions will be interviewed by the entire team. if you are not local, they will have a lot of phone interviews before deciding to invite you to the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview with H.R went very well.... non technical questions. Spoke to the hiring manager a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a time when you did financial analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

I participated in several one hour intense interviews. Each of the meetings were professional but challenging. The interview questions were straight forward and direct. No one asked any hard questions. Nothing to complain about. Disappointed that it did not work.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I want to work for such a behemoth organization   View Answer