J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

I participated in several one hour intense interviews. Each of the meetings were professional but challenging. The interview questions were straight forward and direct. No one asked any hard questions. Nothing to complain about. Disappointed that it did not work.

Interview Questions
  • Why would I want to work for such a behemoth organization   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

amazing experience. interview was tough. asked a bunch of market related questions. follow the economist and comprehend jp morgan mission statement. do a lot of research on the employers interviewing you. interview not too long, 15-30 min. make sure to establish yourself and remind them of your wonderful skill set what you can offer to their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

the interview process moves very fast. questions are standard and not more challenging than smaller companies. hire for full-time positions will be interviewed by the entire team. if you are not local, they will have a lot of phone interviews before deciding to invite you to the office.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

I applied through a staffing agency. The position was in the Asset Management group. I interviewed with three managers.
    First Manager - General operational questions
    Second Manager - Specific finance related questions
    Third Manager - MS Excel and Access related questions

Interview Questions
    • MS Excel & Access related questions - Explain how you will write a query for this specific problem.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Met with some recruiters at a NABA National Convention, where I interviewed on the spot. The interviews with two MDs were pretty relaxed and didn't consist of any technical questions, just picked my brain to see where my interests lied. However, the position offered I was not too interested in so they returned with a new opportunity. This time I had two back to back phone interviews about 30min each where it was pretty conversation based. There was one algebraic question about the ball and bat.

Interview Questions
    • If you buy a bat and ball for a total of $2.50, but the bat costs a dollar more than the ball. How much did you pay for each?   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate my location, didn't attempt to negotiate salary from the original offer.

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Initial communication came from a recruiter who reviewed my online application. An email with potential interview times was given to choose from and an appointment was set. Interview in Downtown Dallas (Plaza of the Americas) with the Hiring Manager. It seemed very disorganized as the floor and room were not reserved; pretty unprofessional for the potential career.

The interview questions were very standard which included situational and behavioral questions along with a little back and forth between myself and the manager. Make sure your ideas and examples are well thought out and aggressive as she had a tendency to over-speak everything I said. She also informed of the School that she went to and noted that almost every person on her team was from the same school. There were many trick questions thrown in about the company structure; my personal favorite was "What is the first and last name of our CEO?" -- hit or miss. The competition for this position was also very stiff with a noted "8 other applicants" I would be compared against.

The position requirements were 1-2 years of banking experience with a degree in business, prefferably Finance or Accounting. The posting also informed that only "recent college graduates" would be asked to provide their transcripts for review. However, this was plainly not true as I have several years of experience and they still requested the transcripts.

Several weeks went by before any word, then another email from the recruiter came through asking if I would be interested in another interview. We scheduled a time for what I understood was the initial position not knowing that she indeed filled the position and brought me in as a runner up. It was clear that she had no intention on pursuing my candidacy as she raced through the questions and cut me off multiple times; the manager even brought a 250 page 10K to the interview and asked me to explain to her what certain parts of it meant. After about 10 minutes of very awkward interviewing, she brought me to another room where I was administered a test and was given 30 minutes to calculate debt service coverage (dsc) ratios for a given company. Once that was finally over, she went through the test marking everything that was right or wrong and escorted me out of the building.

I was not offered the position, and frankly am delighted as I can see it would have been a very difficult place to deal with. The atmosphere was not welcoming in the least; I strongly encourage all potential applicants to really consider the benefits of the position to the stresses that you may endure.

Interview Questions
    • You have 30 minutes to complete this debt service analysis sheet given the company's 2012 YE financials. This is your calculator and definitions to some commonly used ratios; please inform me once you have completed.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview with H.R went very well.... non technical questions. Spoke to the hiring manager a couple of days later.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a time when you did financial analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I interviewed online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

HR recruiter late for meeting, disorganized, arrogant

Interview Questions

Better opportunity at another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I interviewed at an NABA Conference. I had a prior internship experience with JPMorgan from 2007 so, the interviewer basically told me that I have the position during the interview. The position was in DE

Interview Questions
    No I did not negotiate for anything. The offer was for an internship

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

There were 2 back to back 30 minute interviews on campus.

Interview Questions
    • How many streetlights are there in new york city?   View Answer

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!