J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in May 2015.

Interview

3 different interviewers, one of them had 2 interviewees. they were friendly and were nice to interview with coming right out of college. They asked about different tool familiarity like computer skills, and be prepared to know about the company

Interview Questions

• What type of experience do you have?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Meeting 3 people for first round and then 3 for second round. May ask candidate to come back to meet with CFO or senior manager but often not required.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

It wasn't easy, but it was good. Some interviewers were intense, others were very laid back. It was about 60/40 behavioral to technical. Be careful with your answers because the interviewers may use it against you in future questions. I prepared for it and it really helped.

Interview Questions

• -After 3 yrs of successfully operating your coffee shop, you notice that your revenues are decreasing, but everything else on your financial statements remain the same. Where would you look for a possible explanation and what solution would you suggest?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2014.

Interview

applied online. received a request for phone interview 2 weeks later. Interviewed on the phone same day of request. Behavioral questions and technical questions was asked. A day later, I was given an invited to "Super Day", I interviewed with two interviewers for 30mins back to back.

Interview Questions

• You have a bat and a ball. The bat is 1 dollar more than the ball and they both add up to 2.50. How much are each? questions on the financial statements   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through University Career services. No cover letter was required. Resume reviewed by a panel and they choose 12 best resumes to interview. On campus interview (interviewed by 2 people - usually alumni currently employed at JP Morgan) followed by Super day.

Interview Questions

• What does JP Morgan do? What do you understand the role of financial analyst to be? Tell me about a time you faced adversity in a group project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Baton Rouge, LA) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through school career center. Response was prompt and the interview was easier than expected. Two JPMorgan workers interviewed me both from the commercial banking sector. This may be just me, but they only asked me one true behavioral interview question (when have you been a leader). I assume others may get more depending on who you are being interviewed by. If you are able to hold a conversation and stay interested in what the interviewers have to say, you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to step up as a leader?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2014.

Interview

Selected for interview for Operations Analyst Internship, after interviewing expressed interest in Financial Anaylst Internship. Had two 30 minute phone interviews and recieved offer for both position in the following week.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know excel? Tell me a few keyboard shortcuts you know.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

Annual Convention on-site interview,got the opportunity by networking with recruiter.They called me and scheduled an interview on the very next day.First i interviewed with a lady from Miami Office,went through my resume and what did i do for each of the pervious jobs.But after being informed that my preferred city is Chicago,they scheduled me another one with a manager from Chicago Office and the second one didn't go well,coz they gave me to another person,Messy system

Interview Questions

• What was the most regretful things you have done in your pervious jobs,what would you do if you get the chance to change?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orlando, FL) in August 2014.

Interview

The process was very smooth. I applied for the position during one of ALPFA's National Conventions. The 1st and 2nd interviews took place at the convention, it was back-to-back 30 minute interviews; the 1st interview more behavioral while the 2nd interview was more technical. The next 2 interviews took place over the phone; the interviewees were more concerned about my past leadership and work experiences. The process length was about 3 weeks and 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've read or heard about the markets this week?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with some recruiters at a NABA National Convention, where I interviewed on the spot. The interviews with two MDs were pretty relaxed and didn't consist of any technical questions, just picked my brain to see where my interests lied. However, the position offered I was not too interested in so they returned with a new opportunity. This time I had two back to back phone interviews about 30min each where it was pretty conversation based. There was one algebraic question about the ball and bat.

Interview Questions

• If you buy a bat and ball for a total of $2.50, but the bat costs a dollar more than the ball. How much did you pay for each?   3 Answers

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate my location, didn't attempt to negotiate salary from the original offer.