J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

Interview Details – amazing experience. interview was tough. asked a bunch of market related questions. follow the economist and comprehend jp morgan mission statement. do a lot of research on the employers interviewing you. interview not too long, 15-30 min. make sure to establish yourself and remind them of your wonderful skill set what you can offer to their company.

Interview Question – "what makes you a better fit than your competitors?"   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details – the interview process moves very fast. questions are standard and not more challenging than smaller companies. hire for full-time positions will be interviewed by the entire team. if you are not local, they will have a lot of phone interviews before deciding to invite you to the office.

Interview Question – behavioral questions   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through a staffing agency. The position was in the Asset Management group. I interviewed with three managers.
First Manager - General operational questions
Second Manager - Specific finance related questions
Third Manager - MS Excel and Access related questions

Interview Question – MS Excel & Access related questions - Explain how you will write a query for this specific problem.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Met with some recruiters at a NABA National Convention, where I interviewed on the spot. The interviews with two MDs were pretty relaxed and didn't consist of any technical questions, just picked my brain to see where my interests lied. However, the position offered I was not too interested in so they returned with a new opportunity. This time I had two back to back phone interviews about 30min each where it was pretty conversation based. There was one algebraic question about the ball and bat.

Interview Question – If you buy a bat and ball for a total of $2.50, but the bat costs a dollar more than the ball. How much did you pay for each?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate my location, didn't attempt to negotiate salary from the original offer.

Very Difficult Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication came from a recruiter who reviewed my online application. An email with potential interview times was given to choose from and an appointment was set. Interview in Downtown Dallas (Plaza of the Americas) with the Hiring Manager. It seemed very disorganized as the floor and room were not reserved; pretty unprofessional for the potential career.

The interview questions were very standard which included situational and behavioral questions along with a little back and forth between myself and the manager. Make sure your ideas and examples are well thought out and aggressive as she had a tendency to over-speak everything I said. She also informed of the School that she went to and noted that almost every person on her team was from the same school. There were many trick questions thrown in about the company structure; my personal favorite was "What is the first and last name of our CEO?" -- hit or miss. The competition for this position was also very stiff with a noted "8 other applicants" I would be compared against.

The position requirements were 1-2 years of banking experience with a degree in business, prefferably Finance or Accounting. The posting also informed that only "recent college graduates" would be asked to provide their transcripts for review. However, this was plainly not true as I have several years of experience and they still requested the transcripts.

Several weeks went by before any word, then another email from the recruiter came through asking if I would be interested in another interview. We scheduled a time for what I understood was the initial position not knowing that she indeed filled the position and brought me in as a runner up. It was clear that she had no intention on pursuing my candidacy as she raced through the questions and cut me off multiple times; the manager even brought a 250 page 10K to the interview and asked me to explain to her what certain parts of it meant. After about 10 minutes of very awkward interviewing, she brought me to another room where I was administered a test and was given 30 minutes to calculate debt service coverage (dsc) ratios for a given company. Once that was finally over, she went through the test marking everything that was right or wrong and escorted me out of the building.

I was not offered the position, and frankly am delighted as I can see it would have been a very difficult place to deal with. The atmosphere was not welcoming in the least; I strongly encourage all potential applicants to really consider the benefits of the position to the stresses that you may endure.

Interview Question – You have 30 minutes to complete this debt service analysis sheet given the company's 2012 YE financials. This is your calculator and definitions to some commonly used ratios; please inform me once you have completed.   View Answer

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with H.R went very well.... non technical questions. Spoke to the hiring manager a couple of days later.

Interview Question – Walk me through a time when you did financial analysis.   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Interview Details – HR recruiter late for meeting, disorganized, arrogant

Interview Question – Tell me a joke   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Better opportunity at another company

Wilmington, DE

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I interviewed at an NABA Conference. I had a prior internship experience with JPMorgan from 2007 so, the interviewer basically told me that I have the position during the interview. The position was in DE

Interview Question – None - All behavioral   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No I did not negotiate for anything. The offer was for an internship

Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

Interview Details – There were 2 back to back 30 minute interviews on campus.

Interview Question – How many streetlights are there in new york city?   View Answer

Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Interview Details – Got an interview for a temporary position and was eventually hired full-time after being placed by a temporary staffing agency. The interview first began as a first round phone interview, then a face-to-face second round interview on site, followed by a third round face-to-face interview again on site. I was then called and given a start date for a week later. I was a temporary employee for 3 months before being put on a full-time salary.

Interview Question – Questions regarding specific financial information regarding your posistion   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!