J.P. Morgan

Updated Nov 26, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I interviewed at an NABA Conference. I had a prior internship experience with JPMorgan from 2007 so, the interviewer basically told me that I have the position during the interview. The position was in DE

Interview Questions
No I did not negotiate for anything. The offer was for an internship

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

HR recruiter late for meeting, disorganized, arrogant

Interview Questions

Better opportunity at another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2012.

The first round interview were held at my campus recruiting center and was half behavioral/fit and half math. I come from a history background so they didn't ask anything too technical. They were really looking for the way you think and approach problems so don't worry if you don't come from a finance or business background.

The second round was at one of JPM's NY offices and consisted of two back-to-back half-hour interviews. Again, these were mostly behavioral with some math problems thrown in. In the second interview my interviewer gave me a kind of mini-case (like what you would get in a consulting interview) but it was very straightforward (you own a small coffee shop on a college campus, business is going bad: why is that and how can you fix it). They said I'd hear back from them in two weeks but I actually got an email asking to meet for a "follow up" a day later.

I think this follow up was actually a kind of secret third round, just judging by what the people I spoke with (who had been hired into this position two years before) said. I just meet three JPM employees for coffee at one of their NY offices. This "round" was entirely fit questions (Why finance? Why JP Morgan Chase?) and was really just a good chance for the candidate to build rapport with the "interviewers" and ask questions. A little nerve-racking but the people I spoke with were very nice so that helped.

Interview Questions
    • Probably "Why finance" seeing as I am a history major, but I have genuine interest in finance so I think that showed. Don't try to fake on this one, have an honest answer or else you might as well just say "I want a nice salary."   Answer Question
    Basically no room for negotiation as I am coming an undergraduate entering into a program so the salary/benefits are basically set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

amazing experience. interview was tough. asked a bunch of market related questions. follow the economist and comprehend jp morgan mission statement. do a lot of research on the employers interviewing you. interview not too long, 15-30 min. make sure to establish yourself and remind them of your wonderful skill set what you can offer to their company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Two back to back phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • You have a bat and a ball. The bat is 1 dollar more than the ball and they both add up to 1.50. How much are each?   View Answers (6)
    offer through the phone then email confirmation

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

had three 1:1 interviews.. all pretty straight forward off your resume

had one technical question from a senior mgr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

I applied through a staffing agency. The position was in the Asset Management group. I interviewed with three managers.
    First Manager - General operational questions
    Second Manager - Specific finance related questions
    Third Manager - MS Excel and Access related questions

Interview Questions
    • MS Excel & Access related questions - Explain how you will write a query for this specific problem.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

There were 2 back to back 30 minute interviews on campus.

Interview Questions
    • How many streetlights are there in new york city?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

First phone screening. Then one-on-one campus interview. Then a Superday at JP Morgan's headquarters. Mostly fit questions, there are a few brain teasers and technicals here and there. Interviews aren't too hard but some of the interviewers have very unpleasant personalities.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you instead of a 4.0 from Harvard?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Got an interview for a temporary position and was eventually hired full-time after being placed by a temporary staffing agency. The interview first began as a first round phone interview, then a face-to-face second round interview on site, followed by a third round face-to-face interview again on site. I was then called and given a start date for a week later. I was a temporary employee for 3 months before being put on a full-time salary.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding specific financial information regarding your posistion   Answer Question