J.P. Morgan Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

3.1

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2012.

amazing experience. interview was tough. asked a bunch of market related questions. follow the economist and comprehend jp morgan mission statement. do a lot of research on the employers interviewing you. interview not too long, 15-30 min. make sure to establish yourself and remind them of your wonderful skill set what you can offer to their company.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Two back to back phone interviews

Interview Questions
    • You have a bat and a ball. The bat is 1 dollar more than the ball and they both add up to 1.50. How much are each?   View Answers (5)
    offer through the phone then email confirmation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

had three 1:1 interviews.. all pretty straight forward off your resume

had one technical question from a senior mgr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

I applied through a staffing agency. The position was in the Asset Management group. I interviewed with three managers.
    First Manager - General operational questions
    Second Manager - Specific finance related questions
    Third Manager - MS Excel and Access related questions

Interview Questions
    • MS Excel & Access related questions - Explain how you will write a query for this specific problem.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

There were 2 back to back 30 minute interviews on campus.

Interview Questions
    • How many streetlights are there in new york city?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2010.

First phone screening. Then one-on-one campus interview. Then a Superday at JP Morgan's headquarters. Mostly fit questions, there are a few brain teasers and technicals here and there. Interviews aren't too hard but some of the interviewers have very unpleasant personalities.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we choose you instead of a 4.0 from Harvard?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Got an interview for a temporary position and was eventually hired full-time after being placed by a temporary staffing agency. The interview first began as a first round phone interview, then a face-to-face second round interview on site, followed by a third round face-to-face interview again on site. I was then called and given a start date for a week later. I was a temporary employee for 3 months before being put on a full-time salary.

Interview Questions
    • Questions regarding specific financial information regarding your posistion   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2009.

The interview process lasted 1 day but was lengthy. I interviewed with the entire team which consisted of 5 people. The interviews last 30 minutes each. They all ask similar questions about your education, strengths, weaknesses, job experience, and skills. They stress honesty. They will likely go with the most experience candidate from what I have seen in this climate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2009.

JPMorgan was recruiting at my University for a commercial banking analyst position. It started off by applying through my University's system. They required a minimum GPA or 3.5 a finance degree, and they preferred extra hours of accounting, which I had. I was invited to meet with two bankers at my University. It was mostly a screening process. I was then told a couple of days later that I was invited to the final round in Houston. The interview started at 9 and lasted until 2. It was several rounds of interviews with different groups of bankers (each had a different market). There was one stress interview where I was asked this question.

First the set up: There was a man and woman interviewing me. The man was wearing a black tie.

Woman: My colleagu here is wearing a pink tie, but he swears to me that he is wearing a black tie. Would you please convince him that he is wearing a pink tie.

That was one of the oddest questions I've ever had, and I froze. It took me a while to come up with something, and it was just awkward. I think it is the main reason why I wasn't given an offer. So heads up on some weird questions. They are just looking for you to keep your cool and keep talking calmly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2009.

My interviewers were very nice people and they pretty much asked personality and behavioral questions. Also, they asked about my Excel skills.

Nope