J.P. Morgan Financial Control Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in December 2012.

Interview

Communicated with HR. Have one long interview with 2 different people: a vice president and an associate

Interview Questions

• What aspects of finance do you want to learn at this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I do not negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in August 2013.

Interview

1 phone interview and one in person interview with two different managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in November 2012.

Interview

There were 2 interviews one over the phone with senior HR recruiter with basic behavioral questions like why do you want this position etc. After this someone from HR contacted me saying they would like me for a face to face interview. In the face to face they asked me behavioral question and stuff from my resume. The face to face was set up were 4 different people and I spent half an hour with each individual. My advise would be be well prepared with stories relating to generic interview qs as well from stuff on your resume. Read the job description and pick up on keywords from it.

Interview Questions

• They were all regular generic interview questions the only this you should focus is how to relate your past experiences with the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't try to negotiate yet

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in July 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers one on one. First manager was a bit more aggressive than the second manager. Overall, know how to compare your current job functions with the job functions for this position. All of the other questions during the interview were basic questions and not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Account balances of an Asset, Liability, Income, and Expense.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

Very Smooth process. Applied online and within a month was contacted for a interview and received my offer 1 week after the interview.Interviewed with two managers, very easy going interview and very little behavioral questions. We walked through my resume and I explained my current experiences and how it compared to the role.

Interview Questions

• Between Asset, Liability, Income, and Expense which ones are a debit and credit   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

The process began with a preliminary phone interview with an associate. I was notified shortly thereafter that I was invited to interview on site, where I had three in person interviews with associates and vice presidents from various sectors. About a week later, I had one follow up phone interview with the Executive Director I would be working for.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe the basic elements of accounting? What experience do you have working in accounting? Describe the payouts of a call option.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, was offered a fix, standardized 2 year contract.

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview

Through online submitting or reference. I got the interview through college coop program. And they offered me full time after my internship. The process is not difficult. Follow the steps and will ensure to get a full time hire

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral and some technical   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and then 3 1:! interviews at their office. I have contacted HR and they aren't helping too much with the outcome.

Financial Control Analyst Interview

Interview

First round it was a short phone interview, very basic background questions. Then second round, it was onsite interview with 3 interviewers, one by one. The questions asked by different interviewers were similar, no big difference. Such as why JP, why this position, your 3 strengths, 3 weaknesses, your short-term and long-term goals.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions, very basic questions including some behavioral questions.   Answer Question