J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jul 30, 2014

50 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Intern - Systems Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2012.

I applied online and a few weeks afterward I was contacted by a JPMC representative to set up a phone interview. The initial date they offered would not work for me, but they were more than ok with rescheduling to fit my schedule. The phone interview was the only one I had and it was really just a bunch of behavioral questions: why do you want to work here; tell me about a difficult project you had to work on. I was nervous since it was my first interview ever, but the manager I spoke with was really cool and it was a two sided conversation instead of him just grilling me.

Interview Questions
    • The only "technical" question I was asked was to explain what I knew about cloud computing.   View Answer
    No negotiation for internships. Set rate of about $25/hr for everyone.

BB KYC Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There are two interviews, one with two Team leads, and the other with the Manager. They will ask you various questions, such as experience with AML and working in a team environment.

Interview Questions
    • Scenarios such as customer's transacting with counterparties overseas.   Answer Question
    I was unable to negoitate, I was told that everyone in that group will get the same salary due to company's budget.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Panel Interview, but very comfortable and relaxed.

no negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2012.

Two telephone interviews - second one had 'scheduling error' where they called 1 hr 20 mins early and then called back again 20 mins late.

Onsite interview - one tech focused, one behavioral focused, and two more people who had never seen my resume before and told me they weren't very prepared.

Around 7 hours total of interviewing totaling in zero feedback to myself and even to my agent.

Extremely unprofessional. Very rigid HR process as well.

Interview Questions
    • Not too difficult: write singleton class on the whiteboard, big O of searching some data structures, etc.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2008.

One screening interview, followed by a loop interview consisting of a) technical, b) behavioral, c) light technical + company culture fit in-person interviews. Expect to do some light white-board coding and/or design articulation if this is a technical role.

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes you will be asked questions that have nothing to do with your target role, e.g. a series of network design questions when you are interviewing for an application support position. This approach is by design - as much to see how you deal with the curve ball as to gauge the boundaries of your current knowledge.   View Answer

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied online and was invited to a private career event. Networked and socialized with management and future manager (didn't know it at the time); completed an online assessment consisting of about 75 questions; phone interview; 2 in-person interviews; received an offer and accepted; total time from initial contact to hire date was approximately 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult problem you've encountered in the workplace and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview process is unbelievably long. Attended Quiz. Then I heard, it is going to be one interview and I will be done. Interview lasted for about exact 30 mins. Then they said, another interview, which supposed to last for 30mins, but took around55 mins. Back and forth, he asked questions. Then received an email saying they were impressed with 2 interviews. Got info that they want to do another 2 more interviews. I wanted the job. So, I said ok. I attended the 3rd interview. He was also drilling me like with lots of questions. He said, in another 30mins another person will be calling. He called and it was also the technical round. He was drilling me like anything. Told me to take a paper and pen and told me write down the commands. Whatever i answered, he argued for everything. Finally he got into my nerves, made me frustrated. Yelled at him finally saying a person with 10 years of real experience cannot even write this in a matter of 2 mins. Finally i did not get the job because of his feedback. You had to convince all the developers, i guess. I am a certified persons. Maybe they did not appreciate my certification. They would have thought that I am going to take up his job.

Interview Questions
    • Refer to above. They should not go by one person's feedback. That person might not appreciate me on the current job.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2008.

I really do not remember it was a long time a go

Interview Questions
    There was none you are hired

Senior Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Rude, unfriendly, not that professional

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

All questions were relative to the expected tasks for the new position and how my experience from previous jobs would add to my success. Expectations were expressed and affirmed.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult problem you had to solve in a work-related environment?   Answer Question