J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Mar 30, 2015
Updated Mar 30, 2015

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Assessment test that included math, customer service and integrity questions. Prescreening Interview with HR, Interview with Branch Manager, & Interview with Regional Banker. Typical Bank Sales questions that allow you to demonstrate your ability to convert high bank balances into investments. Regulations are important, relivent sales experience and success stories make the difference. If you are able to manage a staff and meet goals you have a shot at management.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you will revive a disinterested market and get investment sales.   1 Answer

The process took too long and I a accepted a better offer somewhere else.

KYC Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me about a KYC Analyst position because she saw my resume online. I did a 5 minute phone interview a week later and they flew me to Columbus for a interview.

Just curious if anyone else interviewed and heard anything yet?

Interview Questions

• On a scale from 1-10; how interested are you in the position?   Answer Question

Investment Banking Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Pros: Fast Response time.

Cons: No Parking. Intimidating 2-person interview.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Two guys interviewed me. Asked the typical "why investment banking?" question and some technical questions. Very short interview. only 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How do you value a your farmhouse if oil was discovered underneath?   1 Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

30 minute phone interview: asked behavior questions as well as basic customer service questions (how did you handle a difficult experience, most difficult time with a customer, etc.)

Called in for interview: typically two interviews, but mine was with two managers at once. Basic questions about previous jobs and behavior questions. Overall trying to know you as a person, not an employee.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you resolved a difficult customer situation. What happened? What did you do? How could you have improved the situation?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Interview process is unbelievably long. Attended Quiz. Then I heard, it is going to be one interview and I will be done. Interview lasted for about exact 30 mins. Then they said, another interview, which supposed to last for 30mins, but took around55 mins. Back and forth, he asked questions. Then received an email saying they were impressed with 2 interviews. Got info that they want to do another 2 more interviews. I wanted the job. So, I said ok. I attended the 3rd interview. He was also drilling me like with lots of questions. He said, in another 30mins another person will be calling. He called and it was also the technical round. He was drilling me like anything. Told me to take a paper and pen and told me write down the commands. Whatever i answered, he argued for everything. Finally he got into my nerves, made me frustrated. Yelled at him finally saying a person with 10 years of real experience cannot even write this in a matter of 2 mins. Finally i did not get the job because of his feedback. You had to convince all the developers, i guess. I am a certified persons. Maybe they did not appreciate my certification. They would have thought that I am going to take up his job.

Interview Questions

• Refer to above. They should not go by one person's feedback. That person might not appreciate me on the current job.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in November 2011.

Interview

Quick with a very direct approach. No follow up questions asked - just directive of contact from the recruiter if hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation

Go in knowing what you want. Be realustic for the field you are applying

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

5 Adjectives describing yourself / Tons of Behavioral questions/ and Why you?

Interview Questions

• Can you describe an under pressure situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel you would be a great fit for the role?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations are not an option.

Personal Banker Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The Interview question are basically consist of sales and customer service experiences. Walk recruiter through my resume. Be confident and detail, the recruiter love that. Make sure you do your homework, that way you wont be nervous.

Interview Questions

• This position consist of sales. Sell me any item of your choice.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none. Be ready to what you get yourself into, retail banking is stressful.

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Be Ready to sell them a pen when you getting hired as a Relationship banker or Personal Banker
    Tell them stories about how good experience you have given them before
    Tell them how you have helped customer save money and get great service

Interview Questions

Negotiation

we can offer you 32000 base that is the max