J.P. Morgan

Updated Oct 13, 2014

51 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Two guys interviewed me. Asked the typical "why investment banking?" question and some technical questions. Very short interview. only 20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • How do you value a your farmhouse if oil was discovered underneath?   View Answer

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

30 minute phone interview: asked behavior questions as well as basic customer service questions (how did you handle a difficult experience, most difficult time with a customer, etc.)

Called in for interview: typically two interviews, but mine was with two managers at once. Basic questions about previous jobs and behavior questions. Overall trying to know you as a person, not an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you resolved a difficult customer situation. What happened? What did you do? How could you have improved the situation?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Interview process is unbelievably long. Attended Quiz. Then I heard, it is going to be one interview and I will be done. Interview lasted for about exact 30 mins. Then they said, another interview, which supposed to last for 30mins, but took around55 mins. Back and forth, he asked questions. Then received an email saying they were impressed with 2 interviews. Got info that they want to do another 2 more interviews. I wanted the job. So, I said ok. I attended the 3rd interview. He was also drilling me like with lots of questions. He said, in another 30mins another person will be calling. He called and it was also the technical round. He was drilling me like anything. Told me to take a paper and pen and told me write down the commands. Whatever i answered, he argued for everything. Finally he got into my nerves, made me frustrated. Yelled at him finally saying a person with 10 years of real experience cannot even write this in a matter of 2 mins. Finally i did not get the job because of his feedback. You had to convince all the developers, i guess. I am a certified persons. Maybe they did not appreciate my certification. They would have thought that I am going to take up his job.

Interview Questions
    • Refer to above. They should not go by one person's feedback. That person might not appreciate me on the current job.   Answer Question

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2011.

Quick with a very direct approach. No follow up questions asked - just directive of contact from the recruiter if hired.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you handled it   Answer Question
    Go in knowing what you want. Be realustic for the field you are applying

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2011.

5 Adjectives describing yourself / Tons of Behavioral questions/ and Why you?

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe an under pressure situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel you would be a great fit for the role?   Answer Question
    Negotiations are not an option.

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

The Interview question are basically consist of sales and customer service experiences. Walk recruiter through my resume. Be confident and detail, the recruiter love that. Make sure you do your homework, that way you wont be nervous.

Interview Questions
    • This position consist of sales. Sell me any item of your choice.   View Answer
    none. Be ready to what you get yourself into, retail banking is stressful.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2011.

Be Ready to sell them a pen when you getting hired as a Relationship banker or Personal Banker
    Tell them stories about how good experience you have given them before
    Tell them how you have helped customer save money and get great service

we can offer you 32000 base that is the max

NOC Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Receive call from Recruiter base in NY. Confirmed all the necessary requirement for the position .
    Interviewd by 3 Network management. They seem that they were not prepared to even see me. They were going through my resume and checking the description that fits the job.

I did not get a normal interview.

1. They drill the basic technical questions like you just taken CCNA test.
     2. Teo interviewer were asking questions the same time.
     3. One ask me question regarding Call Manager. Where is the route? ( Need more detail on that questions)
     4. One interview seems nice then lost control and seem to be hyper. Told me later I am not fit to be part of JPMORGAN Chase employee. ( Very Unprofessional)
    5. AFter 30 mins of interviewing. One interview said that he has not even started the interview process.
    6. Weird method of interviewing candidate.

Bank Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2011.

Process was simply. They communicate to steps and next steps.

Interview Questions
    I didn't have one since I was an internal. I got promoted from one position to the next.

Senior Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2011.

Rude, unfriendly, not that professional