J.P. Morgan Interview Questions in Illinois

2.9

125 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Training Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

The hiring manager was really nice but didn't seen to have many questions to ask, it was a 15 minute interview if I didn't have my own questions. After going through some basic interview questions I was told that u would hear back shortly about a follow up interview next week, they even said they will be happy to work with my current job's schedule to make it happen. Over a month goes by hearing nothing to the receive an automated message that the position was filled. Found it highly unprofessional since I sent a thank you note, and an email asking for an update as I didn't her back when they said I should. Overall seemed like dull environment, so things worked in my favor.

Interview Questions
    • (They really had no difficult questions, so this is a stretch to say it was difficult) why do you want this position?   Answer Question

Commercial Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2010.

There is a two panel interview. It includes the branch manager, and the assistant manager. They ask a series of prescript-ed questions about past history, previous work scenarios, and similarities in past jobs with the current role being sought. After the questions and a review of the resume, the potential employee is taken on a tour of the branch.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were straight forward and not difficult.   Answer Question
    Figures were thrown out, and an offer was made, and I accepted.

Real Estate Review Appraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westmont, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

Applied via JP Morgan website and was initially contacted a week later for a brief phone interview. Five questions later I was scheduling a personal interview. When I arrived staff and management appeared very disorganized. Reception was not expecting me and had no idea who I was supposed to meet with. I ended up discussing the position with four different people (separately) and most were disorganized with little or no direction to each interview. I was offered the position over the phone a day later, but I had decided after my interview it was not the place for me.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer said, "I don't know who you'll be working for, but do you want to talk with anyone else?"   View Answer

The disorganization convinced me JP Morgan was not the place for me.

Finance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

I was directly going to the on site round. The director is very nice and he kind of help me to ease my nervous down, and I am able to express myself freely and fully. He talked some about the firm and department responsibility and what they are looking for. I shared some of my past experience and the skills matched with this positions. It was very like the casual conversation and did not have any tense feeling around. I think the director really did a good job in interviewing people.

Interview Questions
    • Most of questions are really common and not too difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

Applied through school online. Contacted about three weeks later for a basic phone interview. Emailed a week or so later inviting me to come up to Chicago for a four-ish hour morning interview block. There were three or four 15 minute conversations (not especially difficult -- they were pretty nice people, actually), and then a six or seven person group activity. They called with an offer about 10 days later.

Interview Questions
    • The group activity was the most difficult part. It really isn't about the answer. It's about showing a little leadership and being open to other's ideas.   Answer Question

Wasn't the area I wanted to be in.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interviewed with Area Manager, took 3 weeks to hear back. Then had to do a phone interview with Market Manager which was pretty easy. Offer came directly from hiring manager

Interview Questions
    • Everything was pretty standard. As an internal transfer I knew what they wanted to hear   Answer Question
    No negotiation - internal transfer so I had to take it or leave it

Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Pretty standard process with multiple rounds of interviews. It takes a little longer than most companies because of the size of the company and the decision-ing process requires multiple levels of approval. Overall it was not too painful and I got to speak to a wide range of people with which I ended up interacting.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a complex system that you have designed?   Answer Question

CIB-Core Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

This is the first interview I got from them, which was kind of a surprise since as I researched it, the position normally hires people with more experience than me. I was informed later by the behavioral interviewer that they are also hiring people who are looking for entry level jobs but with a wider range of past educational experience with multiple technologies.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question were quite basic now that I think of it. One question asking me to use one single SQL query to retrieve information from two related tables given only one key information was something I did not prepared for since I only have very basic knowledge of it and have not used it for a while. The technical interviewer kindly informed me that I could use join table technique.   Answer Question

Licensed Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Applied online, used college mate as a referral, got a call from the recruiter very quickly - had a phone interview with the recruiter; got invited to the branch, spoke to the manager. behavioral/personal type of interview.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell to me this piece of (whatever office supply)?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Personal Banker II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomingdale, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomingdale, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

The manager was late to the interview. It was a couple hours long. They asked a lot of questions about customer service and why you want to work for chase. It took a very long time to get this interview(6 mos). you have to pass a test online and interview over the phone with a recruiter and then wait to be called.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you leaving current job. Not that this is difficult, but they wouldn't accept that I needed a change in my career.   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!