J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews in Indianapolis, IN

8 interviews

2.9

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2010.

Call from HR led to going online and taking a lengthy personality test, then a math test. I was then called again for a phone interview. Next, I was sent to a branch for an interview. I had to role play a couple different scenarios for two branch managers at the same time. I then interviewed with the two managers together, then with a district manager.

Interview Questions
    • The role play was unnerving. I was not expecting it, and was told to sell a stapler.   Answer Question
    They told me that the base pay was standard and not negotiable. I was able to negotiate my base salary up by a few hundred dollars.

Financial Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

The entire process took approximately two months. The interviews took place at the local market area level, but the hiring was done through corporate HR. Overall, it was a straightforward process.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers spent most of the time talking, and asked few questions. At the end of each interview, the interviewers asked me if I had any questions for them.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate the salary.

Loan Closer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I was already working for Chase over 5 years, a new department opened in the building and employees were encouraged to apply, I sent an email with my resume. I interviewed for the position and was hired.

I was offered a position with a lateral move that would have been okay if the position was similar.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

nice recruiter

Interview Questions

better offer from another bank

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

Called by a recruiter for phone interview. Interviewed by the DM and another BM then switched rooms and interviewed by 2 other BM's (later found out the two women BM's were both needing to fill positions). Interviewing with 4 people in one night was a little unexpected. It was very sales focused and I had to practice their "pull from the lobby" scheme and then had to sell them hand sanitizer. Alot of questions about why they should hire me, what have I done in sales, how would approach a situation then gave me one, went through my resume basically point by point and asked for details about each thing on it.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell them the bottle of sanitizer on the desk.   View Answer
    Salary was set and non-negotiable. The standard in Indiana is 32,000 and I dont believe there is any give unless maybe you are already licensed you could try but I doubt they budge!

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2011.

when submitting an application I was required to pass a test consisting of multiple-choice questions.
    Most of the questions are about loans, mortgages, etc. Not difficult, but you have to be very fast. Otherwise they will send you an email automatically that they will keep your CV in their file system :(

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2009.

Very long and it took so many rounds. You have to meet with the HR, then, different branch managers, then, district managers. Then, wait for a long time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

Very corporate in the process of HR down to actual hiring manager. Nothing to dramatic or unseen from prior interviews and overall the process was long and drawn out.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation you encountered in your prior job.   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!