J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
53 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – three 1:1 interviews focused on different area

Interview Question – technique questions   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Many behavioral questions. All about past leadership experiences and experiences with a team. Interviewed by two people in a thirty minute interview. Very professional. Attend networking events beforehand.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you regret a decision you made and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – phone interview after a few months of applying, took a while to hear back on a decision

Interview Question – nothing too difficult, all behavioral, some finance questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Applied in January, received a email for a first round interview. The first round was easy just behavioral questions over the phone. I received another email for a second interview, which was also on the phone. This interview was a lot harder and asked mostly technical questions.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotitation

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details – Had recruiters come to my college and do presentations. After the presentation we did a "network session." At the conclusion they told me if I was interested to apply online. I don't think they actually have a part in choosing candidates. The recruiters are just on a semi-vacation.

Interview Question – Can you exhibit leadership without an official leadership title   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Behavior questions mostly

Interview Question – What will you do if someone in your group doesnt perform   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's career services department and was selected for a next day interview. The interview was split into two 30 minute sessions, each with a different person, both asking some technical questions and discussing my resume. They have a list of questions targeting different aspects they are looking for concerning skills, culture, etc.

Interview Question – Gave a scenario about troubleshooting a printer with you being the support team. Seemed to shoot down every idea and examine your troubleshooting and decision making skills.   Answer Question

Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Came to a campus rep, I interviewed for the Operations department for a summer internship. There were two 30 min interviews on campus.

Interview Question – If a colleague messed up a presentation that you were giving, how do address the mistake to a client.   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication happened through my University's career services. First round interview consisted of three interviews with three separate JP Morgan Chase employees. They were all behavioral and lasted about 20 minutes each. Each interviewer asked the same questions, which made the whole process seem repetitive and unnecessary. If you are not selected, do not expect an email letting you down gently, in fact, do not expect an email at all.

Interview Question – All questions were basic and behavioral. The most difficult one was probably "Tell me the qualities that you believe make a good leader and why." The question itself is not a real brain teaser, but answering it 3 times in 3 different ways could lead to some word fumbling.   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Interview Details – Met them at the career, had a talk with them and turned in my resume.
Got scheduled for an interview via a phonecall a week later.
2 on campus interviews back to back.
First one was by a technial person, just talked about position and SDLC in general.
Second one was with a manager who talked about work environment ans some behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Your manager assigns you two jobs of equal importance and you can only complete one of them. How would you make your decision?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Intern salaries are based on year in school, no negotiation attempted.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!