J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Submitted resume through career center and through JP Morgan website, got a call from a recruiter, had a phone interview and then that day got an email inviting me to superday in New York for 3 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
  • If the price of oil went up tomorrow, how would that effect the mom and pop grocery store? I expected questions kind of close to this, but was still kind of caught off guard   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Intern Interview

I applied online and was offered an invitation to an event that I attended and had two interviews during. During the event we heard from upper level executives and toured the office.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you had two projects for different business clients due tomorrow (same date and time) but realistically did not have time to get them both done?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were working on a project due in two weeks and your boss left for vacation for two weeks and you realized a week into it that he had something you needed to complete the project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

It was an interesting experience. Everyone was very friendly and genuine. The interview was more like a conversation that an interrogation. While the processes was somewhat long, it was a nice rotational interview that allowed me to meet a significant number of employees. By far one of the best interview experiences I have had.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied for its women program (summer analyst). Sales and Trading Division. Interviewer was an alumni. There were both fit and technical questions, but most questions were technical. The technical questions were basic, but ranging from equity to FX... basically covered all securities you can think about. But I didn't prepare for FX, so I got stumbled on question related to FX.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied to attend a corporate event where students were paired with each other and had to do a case study. From there J.P Morgan Chase handled it all. Communicated with students interested in the internship. You just had to show up

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

On site. 3 hour interview with 6 people. Many behavior questions. Heard from the interviewers in one month. Then went to a standard background check, drug test, on-boarding process.

N.a.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied on University's website, got an email about two weeks later. Received an email say that I would have two phone interviews. A week and a half later I got a call offering the position to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First round on campus, second round in office in new york. Interviewed for the Investor services division. Pretty laid back interview with some technical questions - really wanted to see that you know what they actually do etc.

Interview Questions
    • Pushed every question very far. 4 .. 30 minute interviews back to back   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied online after talking to someone at an on campus event. First round was a phone interview about two weeks after I applied. Questions were a mix of behavioral and general finance questions. The next step was an on site interview about a few weeks later. This interview was a super day where 25 or so other people were all on site to interview for the internship. They split us into groups of 5 with 4 interviewers per group. We rotated to each of the interviewers for a 30 minute interview with each person and one 30 minute break. The actual interviews all varied. One was just a light behavior one and more of a chat about past work, hobbies and things like that. Another was a fast paced interview where questions were thrown at you about finance, the market, personal questions, and anything else. The other two interviews were a somewhere where in between. What annoyed me about this process was that 3 of the 4 people I interviewed with seemed to be intentionally mean to try and test you. The interviews seemed mostly not be about performing under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected. It was all stuff you should have scene in any finance interview study guides. It was only difficult because the questions were rattled off so fast and if you didn't answer quickly and confidently you'd be pushed further down that line of questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

Very professional. Asked detailed questions but was very patient with your answer and friendly personalities. Wanted you to have a grand knowledge over a material of things. Once job was accepted they helped you out with whatever questions you might of had. Truly a wonderful working experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that were read from a form. Less personal and more strict.   Answer Question