J.P. Morgan

Average Difficulty
54 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Applied online after talking to someone at an on campus event. First round was a phone interview about two weeks after I applied. Questions were a mix of behavioral and general finance questions. The next step was an on site interview about a few weeks later. This interview was a super day where 25 or so other people were all on site to interview for the internship. They split us into groups of 5 with 4 interviewers per group. We rotated to each of the interviewers for a 30 minute interview with each person and one 30 minute break. The actual interviews all varied. One was just a light behavior one and more of a chat about past work, hobbies and things like that. Another was a fast paced interview where questions were thrown at you about finance, the market, personal questions, and anything else. The other two interviews were a somewhere where in between. What annoyed me about this process was that 3 of the 4 people I interviewed with seemed to be intentionally mean to try and test you. The interviews seemed mostly not be about performing under pressure.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected. It was all stuff you should have scene in any finance interview study guides. It was only difficult because the questions were rattled off so fast and if you didn't answer quickly and confidently you'd be pushed further down that line of questions.   Answer Question

Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – three 1:1 interviews focused on different area

Interview Question – technique questions   Answer Question

Intern

Interview Details – Many behavioral questions. All about past leadership experiences and experiences with a team. Interviewed by two people in a thirty minute interview. Very professional. Attend networking events beforehand.

Interview Question – Explain a time where you regret a decision you made and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – phone interview after a few months of applying, took a while to hear back on a decision

Interview Question – nothing too difficult, all behavioral, some finance questions   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Applied in January, received a email for a first round interview. The first round was easy just behavioral questions over the phone. I received another email for a second interview, which was also on the phone. This interview was a lot harder and asked mostly technical questions.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotitation

Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Interview Details – Had recruiters come to my college and do presentations. After the presentation we did a "network session." At the conclusion they told me if I was interested to apply online. I don't think they actually have a part in choosing candidates. The recruiters are just on a semi-vacation.

Interview Question – Can you exhibit leadership without an official leadership title   Answer Question

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Behavior questions mostly

Interview Question – What will you do if someone in your group doesnt perform   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – I applied through my college's career services department and was selected for a next day interview. The interview was split into two 30 minute sessions, each with a different person, both asking some technical questions and discussing my resume. They have a list of questions targeting different aspects they are looking for concerning skills, culture, etc.

Interview Question – Gave a scenario about troubleshooting a printer with you being the support team. Seemed to shoot down every idea and examine your troubleshooting and decision making skills.   Answer Question

Newark, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview Details – Came to a campus rep, I interviewed for the Operations department for a summer internship. There were two 30 min interviews on campus.

Interview Question – If a colleague messed up a presentation that you were giving, how do address the mistake to a client.   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Interview Details – Initial communication happened through my University's career services. First round interview consisted of three interviews with three separate JP Morgan Chase employees. They were all behavioral and lasted about 20 minutes each. Each interviewer asked the same questions, which made the whole process seem repetitive and unnecessary. If you are not selected, do not expect an email letting you down gently, in fact, do not expect an email at all.

Interview Question – All questions were basic and behavioral. The most difficult one was probably "Tell me the qualities that you believe make a good leader and why." The question itself is not a real brain teaser, but answering it 3 times in 3 different ways could lead to some word fumbling.   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!