J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2008.

2 rounds:
- 1st round: 1 numerical test and 2 one-to-one interviews with analysts or associates.
- 2nd round: 1 presentation, 1 meeting with 4 other people in the assessment center (you need to defend your point of view on the presentation you did before), and 2 one-to-one interviews with associates or VPs.

Interviews contained brain teasers, background questions, motivations, behavioral questions, etc.. Check the Vault Guide to finance interviews to get prepared!

Interview Questions
  • You must defend this given point of view against the other candidates.   View Answer
No negotiation at all.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2010.

Very long for a phone interview. The interviewer called me from HK and told me that it'll take around 45 minutes. Very structured interview consisting of personality test (failures in life, how I work in teams etc.), general IQ questions and specific finance/economics questions (on bonds, current marker stats etc.)

Interview Questions
    • If the treasury bond rate goes up, how does it affect inflation?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2009.

The initial communication was very open and I was invited to first-round interviews in Frankfurt. There I was interviewed by three bankers of different seniority with questions including some valuation and technical bits but mainly fit questions. I was then invited to an assessment day in the London office where I was interviewed with 5 other candidates. We had 1:1 interviews, a presentation on a case and a group discussion. The reason for my rejection was the fact that I had not responded too well to other team members but was too critical of what was being said.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you do not get this internship?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose a certain valuation method over another?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

I got asked a bunch of facts about the company such as the CEO, why I would like to work for the company. Another question was if I was building a portfolio for myself and one for my grandmother how would it differ and why/

Interview Questions
    • How to make a portfolio for myself and for my grandmother how would they differ and why   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2011.

It's two rounds: first round general questions about your CV, your motivation and some brainteasers + numerical test. Second round is desk-specifc, but generally personal interviews with some knowledge-questions, but mostly a relaxed chat.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how a trading floor works?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frankfurt am Main (Germany)

(Translated from English)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

3 Vorstellungsgespräche, 2 Gespräche 2 zu 1 und 1 Gespräch 1 zu 1

3 interviews, 2 interviews 2 on 1 and 1 interview 1 on 1

Interview Questions
    • Nennen Sie mir etwas, was Ihr Leben grundlegend verändert hat.

Wie würden sie dieses Zimmer bewerten?

Tell me about one thing which fundamently influnced your life.

How would you valued this room?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

two 30 minutes interviews. Very intense.

NA

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2012.

Numerical and then the first round interview

Interview Questions
    • -How many tennis ball can you put in a car trunk?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2012.

Went through several interviews with all the members of the team that was hiring from the analyst all the way to the MD. Some were nicer and friendly while others were obviously there to ask all kinds of technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Online application form
    Competency questions

1. Please explain your motivation for applying to J.P. Morgan and more specifically for a place on the Spring Week: Experience IB & Risk initiative (200 words)
    2. Please summarise a recent event or development relating to local, regional or global activity that impacts our industry. (150 words)
    3. Please describe a recent task or project where you have shown personal accountability and used initiative to exceed expectations. (150 words)

Numerical test