J.P. Morgan

Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

66 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Submitted resume through career center and through JP Morgan website, got a call from a recruiter, had a phone interview and then that day got an email inviting me to superday in New York for 3 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
  • If the price of oil went up tomorrow, how would that effect the mom and pop grocery store? I expected questions kind of close to this, but was still kind of caught off guard   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Participated in Code for Good, JP Morgan's programming competition, coded an application for non-profit company. Ranked highly in the contest, was contacted a few weeks later with an internship offer based on my performance. If you're interested in getting a job offer this way, brush up on mobile or web app programming. I did the back end and some of the front, so remember, you need a fully-functional application to shine.

Interview Questions
    • The programming contest was my interview. Easy if you can code, I can imagine excessively difficult if you can't.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Called for an AC after the application online.
    1 business case interview and 2 competence based interview.
    Meet people from the business with increasing seniority, genuinely interested in knowing the candidate.
    Fairly standard process.
    Called the day after for the offer.

Intern Interview

It was an interesting experience. Everyone was very friendly and genuine. The interview was more like a conversation that an interrogation. While the processes was somewhat long, it was a nice rotational interview that allowed me to meet a significant number of employees. By far one of the best interview experiences I have had.

Intern Interview

I applied online and was offered an invitation to an event that I attended and had two interviews during. During the event we heard from upper level executives and toured the office.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if you had two projects for different business clients due tomorrow (same date and time) but realistically did not have time to get them both done?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were working on a project due in two weeks and your boss left for vacation for two weeks and you realized a week into it that he had something you needed to complete the project?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied for its women program (summer analyst). Sales and Trading Division. Interviewer was an alumni. There were both fit and technical questions, but most questions were technical. The technical questions were basic, but ranging from equity to FX... basically covered all securities you can think about. But I didn't prepare for FX, so I got stumbled on question related to FX.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

Very professional. Asked detailed questions but was very patient with your answer and friendly personalities. Wanted you to have a grand knowledge over a material of things. Once job was accepted they helped you out with whatever questions you might of had. Truly a wonderful working experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that were read from a form. Less personal and more strict.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied on University's website, got an email about two weeks later. Received an email say that I would have two phone interviews. A week and a half later I got a call offering the position to me.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied to attend a corporate event where students were paired with each other and had to do a case study. From there J.P Morgan Chase handled it all. Communicated with students interested in the internship. You just had to show up

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Initial phone interview with second interview in person. Interviewed by recruiter and VP and asked basic questions about the company and resume. Asked about working in groups and wanted to see if I would fit in with the company.

No negotiation for intern