J.P. Morgan

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Applied on University's website, got an email about two weeks later. Received an email say that I would have two phone interviews. A week and a half later I got a call offering the position to me.

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First round on campus, second round in office in new york. Interviewed for the Investor services division. Pretty laid back interview with some technical questions - really wanted to see that you know what they actually do etc.

Interview Questions
    • Pushed every question very far. 4 .. 30 minute interviews back to back   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied online after talking to someone at an on campus event. First round was a phone interview about two weeks after I applied. Questions were a mix of behavioral and general finance questions. The next step was an on site interview about a few weeks later. This interview was a super day where 25 or so other people were all on site to interview for the internship. They split us into groups of 5 with 4 interviewers per group. We rotated to each of the interviewers for a 30 minute interview with each person and one 30 minute break. The actual interviews all varied. One was just a light behavior one and more of a chat about past work, hobbies and things like that. Another was a fast paced interview where questions were thrown at you about finance, the market, personal questions, and anything else. The other two interviews were a somewhere where in between. What annoyed me about this process was that 3 of the 4 people I interviewed with seemed to be intentionally mean to try and test you. The interviews seemed mostly not be about performing under pressure.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was particularly difficult or unexpected. It was all stuff you should have scene in any finance interview study guides. It was only difficult because the questions were rattled off so fast and if you didn't answer quickly and confidently you'd be pushed further down that line of questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

Very professional. Asked detailed questions but was very patient with your answer and friendly personalities. Wanted you to have a grand knowledge over a material of things. Once job was accepted they helped you out with whatever questions you might of had. Truly a wonderful working experience.

Interview Questions
    • Questions that were read from a form. Less personal and more strict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2014.

Initial phone interview with second interview in person. Interviewed by recruiter and VP and asked basic questions about the company and resume. Asked about working in groups and wanted to see if I would fit in with the company.

No negotiation for intern

Intern Interview

Many behavioral questions. All about past leadership experiences and experiences with a team. Interviewed by two people in a thirty minute interview. Very professional. Attend networking events beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you regret a decision you made and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

phone interview after a few months of applying, took a while to hear back on a decision

Interview Questions
    • nothing too difficult, all behavioral, some finance questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied in January, received a email for a first round interview. The first round was easy just behavioral questions over the phone. I received another email for a second interview, which was also on the phone. This interview was a lot harder and asked mostly technical questions.

No Negotitation

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

three 1:1 interviews focused on different area

Behavior questions mostly

Interview Questions
    • What will you do if someone in your group doesnt perform   Answer Question