J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

I recently had an interview at my school few weeks ago recruiting for the 2013 Summer Internships. The 1st round is mostly behavioral questions i.e. Describe a written assignment you had, the difference between working as an individual and as a team, and what is the balance in between them . . .

Interview Questions
  • Unexpected question was what is the difference between working as an individual and as a team, and what is the balance in between them . . .   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2012.

Very timely with responses to an inquiries and the recruiters were all extremely nice and helpful.

Interview was pretty standard, I interviewed with two different people, one an HR representative and one a hiring manager who was more technical.

They got back to me with the results of my interview very quickly

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2012.

I first noticed the internship opportunity on my college's job website. To apply, you had to submit your resume and transcript through the college website and then also complete a very long application form online. Once you were selected, you were to select an interview time slot at your college career center. Before you arrive, the applicant had to complete two more applications before the interview. At the interview, there were several young employees to greet you and answer questions that applicants might have. At the interview, the process was pretty standard - asked you questions about yourself, why you are interested in the company/position and why you should be chosen. I interviewed with 2 different interviewers and the whole process took about an hour. Both interviewers were very helpful and kind. In the next week or two, you received an email to notify you on whether you were being considered or not. I was selected, and was then asked to complete another application on the company's website before they could give me their final decision. Once that was completed, I received a phone call to tell me that I was selected for the internship program. During the phone conversation, they explained how long the internship would take place, what the compensation would be, and told me that I had 1 week to consider the offer. Once you submitted your acceptance, you had to fill out some more information for the company and there you are!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you were required to use analytical skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2011.

I I heard about the internship through my college's recruitment website.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever been a part of a team where someone wasnt pulling there weight?   Answer Question
    No- As interns your pay in non-negotiable but starts out at 22.60 an hour.

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

I got asked a bunch of facts about the company such as the CEO, why I would like to work for the company. Another question was if I was building a portfolio for myself and one for my grandmother how would it differ and why/

Interview Questions
    • How to make a portfolio for myself and for my grandmother how would they differ and why   View Answers (2)

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds. got called to interview 4 hours before it begins.

Intern Interview

Phone interview, then 2 30 mins face to face interview and now invited for assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • how will you learn about other business lines in the company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application form was very standard, included a cv and cover letter. Online tests, equally, were nothing special. Assessment Centre was split into two competency based interview that also tested your ability to think on your feet, and an M&A case study: i.e. what company should be acquired given the situation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

First round interview at London. With an associate and a ED. Each lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • A case about skiing. When demand for skiing declined sharply what should a skiing related company do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2013.

Online application form
    Competency questions

1. Please explain your motivation for applying to J.P. Morgan and more specifically for a place on the Spring Week: Experience IB & Risk initiative (200 words)
    2. Please summarise a recent event or development relating to local, regional or global activity that impacts our industry. (150 words)
    3. Please describe a recent task or project where you have shown personal accountability and used initiative to exceed expectations. (150 words)

Numerical test