J.P. Morgan

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied through my college's career services department and was selected for a next day interview. The interview was split into two 30 minute sessions, each with a different person, both asking some technical questions and discussing my resume. They have a list of questions targeting different aspects they are looking for concerning skills, culture, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Gave a scenario about troubleshooting a printer with you being the support team. Seemed to shoot down every idea and examine your troubleshooting and decision making skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2014.

Had recruiters come to my college and do presentations. After the presentation we did a "network session." At the conclusion they told me if I was interested to apply online. I don't think they actually have a part in choosing candidates. The recruiters are just on a semi-vacation.

Interview Questions
    • Can you exhibit leadership without an official leadership title   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Came to a campus rep, I interviewed for the Operations department for a summer internship. There were two 30 min interviews on campus.

Interview Questions
    • If a colleague messed up a presentation that you were giving, how do address the mistake to a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Participated in Code for Good, JP Morgan's programming competition, coded an application for non-profit company. Ranked highly in the contest, was contacted a few weeks later with an internship offer based on my performance. If you're interested in getting a job offer this way, brush up on mobile or web app programming. I did the back end and some of the front, so remember, you need a fully-functional application to shine.

Interview Questions
    • The programming contest was my interview. Easy if you can code, I can imagine excessively difficult if you can't.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2013.

Initial communication happened through my University's career services. First round interview consisted of three interviews with three separate JP Morgan Chase employees. They were all behavioral and lasted about 20 minutes each. Each interviewer asked the same questions, which made the whole process seem repetitive and unnecessary. If you are not selected, do not expect an email letting you down gently, in fact, do not expect an email at all.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were basic and behavioral. The most difficult one was probably "Tell me the qualities that you believe make a good leader and why." The question itself is not a real brain teaser, but answering it 3 times in 3 different ways could lead to some word fumbling.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

i believe i had 2 phone interviews with several people, then i flew to NYC for super days. At superdays, I spoke with 4 different people. I thought the interview was rather easy, but i did not get an offer. They mostly asked about macro market questions rather than specific technical questions

Interview Questions
    • What would you want to be when you grow up if money weren't a factor?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in June 2013.

Overall, the interview went well and I was invited back a few times before the final decision was made. I would definitely recommend showing up with enough time to check in with security because that takes a bit of time. I would say that the interview was to be expected when compared to similar companies.

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Initial contact was made through a college career fair. You are then invited to participate in a phone interview. The next step is an in house interview with 4 different people, i.e two 2-1 interviews back to back

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First round of interview over the phone, the interviewer was friendly and patient, questions are not hard as long as you know your stories and technicals. Talked a lot about current market events and how I would position a portfolio in the current economy.
    3 interviewers for Superday, each focused on different aspects: technical, behavioral, resume-based, brain teasers and very detailed market movements etc. Heard back in 2 days that I didn't get the offer, but it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • They are all standard interview questions, nothing really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Interview at SWE National Conference