J.P. Morgan Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Many behavioral questions. All about past leadership experiences and experiences with a team. Interviewed by two people in a thirty minute interview. Very professional. Attend networking events beforehand.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you regret a decision you made and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

phone interview after a few months of applying, took a while to hear back on a decision

Interview Questions

• nothing too difficult, all behavioral, some finance questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in January, received a email for a first round interview. The first round was easy just behavioral questions over the phone. I received another email for a second interview, which was also on the phone. This interview was a lot harder and asked mostly technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotitation

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

three 1:1 interviews focused on different area

Intern Interview

Interview

Behavior questions mostly

Interview Questions

• What will you do if someone in your group doesnt perform   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I applied through my college's career services department and was selected for a next day interview. The interview was split into two 30 minute sessions, each with a different person, both asking some technical questions and discussing my resume. They have a list of questions targeting different aspects they are looking for concerning skills, culture, etc.

Interview Questions

• Gave a scenario about troubleshooting a printer with you being the support team. Seemed to shoot down every idea and examine your troubleshooting and decision making skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Miami, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

Had recruiters come to my college and do presentations. After the presentation we did a "network session." At the conclusion they told me if I was interested to apply online. I don't think they actually have a part in choosing candidates. The recruiters are just on a semi-vacation.

Interview Questions

• Can you exhibit leadership without an official leadership title   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE).

Interview

Came to a campus rep, I interviewed for the Operations department for a summer internship. There were two 30 min interviews on campus.

Interview Questions

• If a colleague messed up a presentation that you were giving, how do address the mistake to a client.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Columbus, OH) in October 2013.

Interview

Participated in Code for Good, JP Morgan's programming competition, coded an application for non-profit company. Ranked highly in the contest, was contacted a few weeks later with an internship offer based on my performance. If you're interested in getting a job offer this way, brush up on mobile or web app programming. I did the back end and some of the front, so remember, you need a fully-functional application to shine.

Interview Questions

• The programming contest was my interview. Easy if you can code, I can imagine excessively difficult if you can't.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Madison, WI) in October 2013.

Interview

Initial communication happened through my University's career services. First round interview consisted of three interviews with three separate JP Morgan Chase employees. They were all behavioral and lasted about 20 minutes each. Each interviewer asked the same questions, which made the whole process seem repetitive and unnecessary. If you are not selected, do not expect an email letting you down gently, in fact, do not expect an email at all.

Interview Questions

• All questions were basic and behavioral. The most difficult one was probably "Tell me the qualities that you believe make a good leader and why." The question itself is not a real brain teaser, but answering it 3 times in 3 different ways could lead to some word fumbling.   Answer Question