J.P. Morgan

Updated Feb 19, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2011.

I got asked a bunch of facts about the company such as the CEO, why I would like to work for the company. Another question was if I was building a portfolio for myself and one for my grandmother how would it differ and why/

Interview Questions
  • How to make a portfolio for myself and for my grandmother how would they differ and why   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for J.P. Morgan

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I submitted a resume online and received an email saying I had been given the opportunity for a phone interview. The interview consisted of two back to back 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly situational, some technical and personal questions... Tell me about xyz on your resume, why do you want to work for JP Morgan, what are some of our products and services, name a situation where you gave your insight and it was implemented (or something along those lines)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

There is no phone interview. There is an assessment centre with another ~10 interns. You first have to write a ~30 min written test. You had to code there. Then there was a case study. You read a ~5 page document with sources and you made a business decisions on it: what do to in that situation with your fellow interns. The discussions are monitored. There were also 2 1:1 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • questions about motivation and specifics about the firm. Need to study the company beforehand   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

First interview with the team manager, general questions like why should we hire you, are u okay with longer working hours etc.
    Next round HR Interview..... Genral HR questions like tell me abt urself, ur interests etc.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2014.

Called for an AC after the application online.
    1 business case interview and 2 competence based interview.
    Meet people from the business with increasing seniority, genuinely interested in knowing the candidate.
    Fairly standard process.
    Called the day after for the offer.

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

2 rounds. got called to interview 4 hours before it begins.

Intern Interview

Phone interview, then 2 30 mins face to face interview and now invited for assessment centre

Interview Questions
    • how will you learn about other business lines in the company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application form was very standard, included a cv and cover letter. Online tests, equally, were nothing special. Assessment Centre was split into two competency based interview that also tested your ability to think on your feet, and an M&A case study: i.e. what company should be acquired given the situation.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

First round interview at London. With an associate and a ED. Each lasted 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • A case about skiing. When demand for skiing declined sharply what should a skiing related company do?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I learned about this interview through my school career services. The application was through JP Morgan's website and I received the call from them a week after the deadline of the application. There were 2 VPs for the first interview and I was rather ill-prepared as I could not answer all the technical questions they posted. There would be 2 or more rounds of interviews, but I was not selected for the 2nd round.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about credit risk?
      Do you have plans to do CFA?

Answer Question