J.P. Morgan Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
2,255 interviews

2.9

Private Bank Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I found out about the opportunity at a job fair and submitted my resume through a recruiter. The process as far as feedback was slow. From start to offer was almost four months. My process was a bit more unorthodox as I did not go through the campus recruiting. Additionally, I interviewed at three different offices in the area before a position opened. I went on a total of five interviews. I had a phone interview (screening interview) with an HR representative. I also had 1:1 interviews with two managing directors and two executive directors. Additionally, after the third interview I was able to meet with two of the current analysts at the location.

Interview Questions
    • This position was a career change for me so most of my questions revolved on WHY I wanted the position. What interested me about wealth management? Why JP Morgan? What am I doing currently to follow the markets? Only had a few "technical" questions: Where do you see the markets going in 2014? What are you currently invested in and why?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate as the offer was what I expected/wanted. I felt the offer was in line with what I had seen others receive for the same position.

Applications Developer Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Since I was in India, all 3 interviews were on phone. They asked about core java, collections, multithreading, jms messaging. The interviewer were friendly and gave few hints. There were few database SQL queries too.

I didn't negotiate

Applications Developer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in October 2010.

One phone interview, and one in house interview, with three people or teams, about an hour each. Expect to be drilled on practical, computer science-related questions (the example below is more academic, but you would more likely be asked about specific scenarios and be expected to write grammatical code on the spot, like, "write me an SQL query that would... " type stuff)

Interview Questions
    • Come up with an algorithm that will find the median of a list of numbers in linear time. (Actually this is one of mine - they usually look surprised, at least the junior guys   View Answer
    I worked through a head-hunter, but the offers were not particularly generous. The first offer was exactly what I was making then, and they bumped it by 10k in the end. I have spent the past 3-4 years making significantly less than my coworkers because I didn't negotiate a higher starting salary. Be forewarned: they don't really give raises and bonuses are quite small or occasionally nonexistent.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

I participated in several one hour intense interviews. Each of the meetings were professional but challenging. The interview questions were straight forward and direct. No one asked any hard questions. Nothing to complain about. Disappointed that it did not work.

Interview Questions
    • Why would I want to work for such a behemoth organization   View Answer

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied via JP Morgan career site. Took about 3 weeks to hear back. Initial HR screen with very basic questions. Initially applied for a higher level role but was given an interview for a slightly lower role.

First round on site with 3 different people (higher levels ). 20% focus on fit / resume , remainder were cases. Two of the three interviewers were very professional, engaging, etc. Third interviewer showed up late, talked on phone during interview, and ended it early.

Invited back for final round with head of group. 85% case with a few fit questions mixed in. Much more quantitative in nature.

Interview Questions
    • Estimate the market size of magazine readers in Country X.   Answer Question
    • Our nonprofit has experienced declining profits. Give me your recommendations on how we can improve the situation.   Answer Question

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Phone interview and skype phone interview with strong accent and difficult to understand. The technical questions are not the way to looking for people. It is do it for process. Not really want to hire anyone.

Personal Banker II Interview

online application and assessment, person to person interview with Branch Manager and District Manager, background check, and you're hired! After being hired, there is quite a bit of training that you go to (this stays constant through employment)

Loan Servicing Spec Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Applied online, received interview within a week. I was offered the job a few days later but my start date was almost a month away. I was not given the position I applied for. After I was given an offer of employment they informed me that another manager wanted me in her department

Interview Questions
    • Typical interview questions how to handle a difficult situation how do you handle changes in the workplace   Answer Question
    None, was given a take it or leave it option for a position I didn't even apply for

Senior Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in August 2013.

The interview process was fairly easy; just the typical questions from the direct manager, actually he did most of the talking. In my case, I did not have to interview with the next level of management, but that is typically the requirement.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Chase? Do some research on the company; it does have a very interesting history.   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2014.

Applied through Schools website, then also submitted application through JP's website. Was contacted for an initial phone interview which took approximately 30 minutes. The phone interview was more of a screening call to see if I knew what the job responsibilities were, what my experience was, if I was well spoken over the phone, etc. Following that, I came in to the office to do an on site interview, which consisted of 2 rounds of 2 people each. This was very experience based line of questions as well as how I would interact with clients. Received the offer the next week.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, I got what I got.

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!