J.P. Morgan

Updated Jan 25, 2015
2,603 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Applied online through company website. Wasn't exactly sure about the entire process because I knew no one in the area of interest. Typical phone interview with an employee. Mainly asked behavioral questions. There were no technical questions at all.

Associate Interview

Recruiter contact, online application.
    2 phone interviews before on site interview day.
    5-6 in person and conference call interviews on site the day of.
    On the on site portion I was placed in a conference room in one of their downtown (financial district offices) and the interviewers were brought in throughout the day to conduct the interviews.
    This was for a technical position and most questions reflected real business use cases faced in the past or that the team was currently facing.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would design an application system to maximize efficiency, minimize response time, and create the best user experience.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

3 interviews plus technical exam.

Must get sign off of senior managers before you are hired.

Suit and tie are required even when applying to a tech role. Dont screw that up.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of a challenge you faced and how you a overcame it   Answer Question
    Ask for a high wage because once you are in raises are a mere 2%

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I interviewed about a month before the position was posted after being contacted by a manager internally (I work as a contractor). It has now been 4 months, the position continues to be posted as accepting applications - but I've had no feedback other than when it actually posted and that I could formally apply.

Interview Questions
    • Standard interview questions - didn't have a job description for the position but was asked about qualifications for Visio, etc   View Answer

Infrastructure Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

There were two face to face interview. First one consist of basic questions on database, string manipulation and simple C pointer questions as well as behavioral questions.
    Second round had questions from Design patterns (a lot of them), brain teasers, and data structure and OOP questions.

Interview Questions
    • You have to know your design pattern questions up right, there are a lot.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Completed an interview online. About four days later got a call from a recruiter. She did a brief interview. She sent it over to the branch manager. About three days later I got a call from the ABM for an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a difficult customer, tell me about yourself,   Answer Question
    None

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Through my career fair, had an onsite interview with two different half hour sessions and was pretty straightforward. They both were very considerate and answered all my questions and were very prompt in the feedback process.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavioral Questions and some static variable question- very simple   Answer Question

Structuring (In HK) Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

some questions about resume and past experience. a few technique questions, just simple questions on probability and interview book. Also ask about onion on markets and investment. First round interview lasts about an hour.

Sales & Trading Summer Interview

My university had an initial online resume drop. After a week or so I was notified of 2 back to back on campus interviews. The back to back interviews were surprisingly technical; the first started with a brain teaser/case on how the company should choose between using first class or third class mail for the Chase branch. The second interview was more behavioral; however the hardest question was "If you had $1 million, how would you allocate/invest it in today's market?

Summer Analyst Interview

The process took almost 3 months. 1 phone interview, 1 superday and 1 additional final phone interview. The superday lasted about 4 hours with back-to-back interview with VPs and MDs. Everyone was very nice, and professional. Some interviewers tried to intimidate me with more difficult questions, but overall it was a pleasant experience.