J.P. Morgan

2.9

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Phone interview was simple she asked a couple questions, in person interview within a couple days of phone interview. Job offer, fingerprints,drug test, started work. Filled out for job on a Monday, got a call for phone interview on tuesday, face to face on wednesday, job offer on friday, prints and drug test on monday. I started training within about a week

None

Operations Analyst Development Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I applied through my university's career portal and followed the instructions to also create a profile online and apply to each location I wanted to be considered for. Honestly, the hardest and most surprising questions of the entire process was remembering my PSAT and SAT scores. Do not remember time difference between first interview and application submission.

1st round interview- Interview was approximately the second week of the month. Read to you like a script. Short, and is based on a few short questions and thanks to reading the reviews beforehand, there wasn't much for me to be surprised by. Questions were straightforward and simple. Nothing surprising at all. In fact, they were so simple, I was afraid there would not be much information to use to help me land the second round. My interviewer was pleasant but hard to read and I think my experience, ability to find some way to connect with him, and my follow up made all the difference. A few days later, I was offered an opportunity for a second round interview for a few weeks later.

2nd round interview- JP Morgan must interview in batches because I was there with approximately 11-15 others. Each person has two personal interviews that day with company leaders (managers, directors, VPs), a group activity (which is essentially a group interview), and a break. Again, the questions are read from a script but my interviewers made it more conversation based than the first interviewer.
    The group activity would probably be the most intimidating factor. Groups of 6-8 sit around a conference table with the group of interviewers in a circle on the perimeter monitoring and taking notes. The activity varies each time apparently, so mine cannot help. I would be curious to find out who received an offer, but as you can imagine there will be people who are naturally aggressive and take lead in their attempt to stand out and those who are more reserved and quiet. I would like to note though, that one of the biggest mistakes people seemed to make was underestimating people based on their initial impression and forgetting to include more timid people and vouching for them to be heard. Our activity required everyone's contribution so you cannot ignore people. I think if you remember that, you'll be set.

Additional tips: Be yourself, whoever that is and remember to be courteous and thoughtful and try to make genuine connections with everyone. Hopefully you are naturally that way.That includes the other people you interview with. They are not competition and should you be so fortunate as to be extended an offer, those same people could very likely become your coworkers, bosses, or best friend one day. Its important to keep the camrarderie.

Received an offer exactly one week later. Hope this helps! I know how stressful it can be.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you where unsure of what the deliverable was.
      -There is an error in your presentation 10 minutes before you have to get in front of the board. What do you do?
      -Your boss leaves two weeks after you start working on a big project. What do you do?
      -What is operations?
      -What do you read to keep up with what is happening on Wall Street?
      -Tell me about a current event that is affecting the financial services industry and JP Morgan
      -Explain the difference between the JP Morgan and Chase sides of the business
      -How competent are you in Excel and what specifically can you do?
      -How you solved a dilemma when two managers required you to complete conflicting tasks
      -Tell me something about you that isn't on your resume

Answer Question
    I chose not to negotiate because I was pretty pleased with my offer. I was given two weeks to accept.

Summer Analyst Interview

Two in person Interviews that were done on campus but I know several others who did one via phone and one at a superday in Newark, DE. My first interview was with an analyst who had been working full time for 2 years at JP Morgan. Second Interview was conducted by the Campus recruiter. Both interviews were behavioral. No major technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how do do a Vlookup and a Pivot table in microsoft excel?
      Why JP Morgan?

Answer Question
    No negotiation for summer interns

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Standard interview, with phone interview with VP, then onsite interview with every member in the team. SAS and SQL questions and behavior questions. People are nice, but strict to the technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Left join, right join, inner join, full join. SAS questions. Read a mathematical material in 10 minutes, then paraphrase the whole content and present.   Answer Question

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview was very simple. They did most of the talking. It wasn't even behavioral they just asked about different things on my resume. More conversational than anything really easy. One interviewer was a recent college graduate who was an alumni and the other was a middle aged woman who did investment banking. Both were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Really were no complicated questions. Just be able to speak to everything on your resume. No technical questions.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

The hiring process is lengthy. I met with many LOB managers and potential peers who asked very good questions. Human resources contact was knowledgable and helpful. Overall a great experience.

Personal Banker - Small Business Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Focus on being up beat, organized and well presented. They do intensive training so knowing their products are not important.
    Questions are around how well organized you are and your focus on customer satisfaction.

In Store Personal Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview was great. Lots of interaction. Met with branch manager. Only took about 30 minutes. Would be in contact soon. Was a good experience. Wasn't as tough as I was expecting.

Intern Interview

Submitted resume through career center and through JP Morgan website, got a call from a recruiter, had a phone interview and then that day got an email inviting me to superday in New York for 3 30 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • If the price of oil went up tomorrow, how would that effect the mom and pop grocery store? I expected questions kind of close to this, but was still kind of caught off guard   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through my college's job posting (resume and cover letter), along with about half my class during this recruiting season, and got contacted by HR a week later to set up an interview time. It probably helped that I had been networking with upperclassmen interns and alumni from my school at JPM for several months prior to applying (learning buzzwords to include on the CL, getting my resume reviewed, etc.). Recruiters came to campus to give information/networking sessions, and interviews were 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • If you were fired from our company, what would be the reason?   Answer Question