J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015
3,127 Interview Reviews

2.9

Compliance Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

interviewed with two people, one had a standard form of questions i was asked, basic "if faced with x scenario, how would you respond" type questions, in addition to asking about resume experiences. The other person just had me walk through my resume. Was disappointed in the professionalism as I never heard from them again. I feel if you are interviewed, you should at least have the courtesy of a response

Interview Questions

• If you notice a mistake on a presentation 5 minutes before your boss is about to present, what would you do?   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Phone call, 1-on-1, superday. Start off with a phone call and you meet the director afterwards. Move onto a superday with all groups if you make it. Pretty straight forward questions, very fit based. Know your techincals cold though, definitely.

Applications Developer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview, asked a lot of technical questions, mostly on Java, C sharp and SQL. Lots of Java threading questions. Asked specific classes from the Java Concurrent package. Difference between Java/C sharp.

Interview Questions

• There is a service which is run by a thread. Within that service, there are say 100 tasks which need to be executed sequentially(highlighted the work sequentially). How would you design your service, specifically what classes from Java framework would you design for this scenario?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Straightforward, two phone screens with people on the team with mainly fit stuff. Got to have an opinion on the market that you can pull from current events (i.e. articles in WSJ or FT that are relevant). 3-4 one on one interviews in the office that were a bit more direct, but still focused on fit and behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Given your opinion on future interest rates: what would your asset class allocation be?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Submitted my résumé online and was contacted by HR to see if I was available to interview the following day. Dropped everything and showed up. Met two lower level associates but no hiring manager. I could tell they were both miserable in their current roles and went through the motions during the interview itself. Finished in an hour and got a rejection email 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Coming from the insurance field, what do you know about collateral risk and broker dealer coordination?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I just had one round of Technical Interview last week, No response yet from them; so assuming i screwed up. The interviewer was bit rude and had an air of superciliousness.

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Initial interviews were conducted over the phone with the recruiter. Easy conversation about customer service ability, attention to detail, and seriousness of confidentiality. Nothing major. Moved to an phone conversation with the Branch Manager. Then moved to an onsite with the Branch Manager, Assistant Manager, and Operations Lead. Reviewed the same components of the phone interview and attempted to identify fit in branch culture.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Lease Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Applied online and was called in for an interview within a month. Went in for a panel interview with three line of business managers but managers seemed to not know how to interview candidates which should've been a sign of this company from the start. Interview was easy nonetheless and received a job offer within a week.

Negotiation

N/A

Associate - Anticorruption Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY).

Interview

Sat down with the hiring manager and another senior level employee in the department. They bounced general questions to me. Nothing out of the ordinary. One interviewer seemed to only be there because she was doing them a favor, wasn't all that interested in the process.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my background and experience in the anticorruption field.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Good experience met with other Sr EA's, Senior staff and human resources . The interview lasted a couple hours. I was able to get a good intake of the culture and atmosphere

Interview Questions

• They asked about my previous experience & situations in supporting senior level execs   Answer Question