J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2,954 Interview Reviews

2.9

Risk Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX).

Interview

I first got a call that generally got an overview of my employment history, to see if the position is a good fit. Then I attended a face-to-face interview in a few days. Two days after, I got a call telling me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were behavioral/situational questions. Mostly on how I handle fellow employees and customers in different scenarios.   Answer Question

SWE Interview

Interview

Telephone and in person interview- Manager seemed distracted and busy. Did not meet with any other members of the team. Open office environment with nice surroundings. Manager was 15 minutes late coming to the meeting.

Part Time Teller Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Was invited for interview with branch manager who was very personable and easy to talk to, within 3 days I had a call back from the HR department with an offer and a projected start date. Takes some time to do all of the on boarding requirements (fingerprinting, background check, etc.) before you can officially start within company.

Interview Questions

• How do you approach those difficult situations that sometimes comes up in your work day?   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had a Phone interview.
    Then I was called in for a 3 hour in person interview with multiple different people.
    Once I got accepted, then they did a Background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to give test condition examples for a specific scenario.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

30 minute interviews with other EAs and Bankers. General what if questions and hypothetical questions to see how you deal with problems, tasks, etc. You also meet with the HR manager. The interview process is very formal, but the interviewers are easy going and just want to get to know you and get a feel for how you would work amongst others.

Interview Questions

• If you had to complete 3 different tasks by the end of the day, how would you go about doing them?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Spoke to Recruiter on the phone after a referral from my friend. I then went in and met with the Assistant Manager and a Senior Teller. I had one follow up interview with the Branch Manager. A few days later they called me with a job offer.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

Had a total of five interviews. One telephone with HR, two in person at location with my future team and 2 with other individuals from bank.
    Whole process took about two months.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, salary was firm.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Heathrow, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Heathrow, FL).

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. After the first interview they schedule you for a second interview after the second interview you do the face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Role play how you would handle a phone call with a customer   1 Answer

Applications Developer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied through online and got a call back a few days later from an I.T recruiter, she took my information and asked basic questions about my area of knowledge (java, unix, etc). She sent my info to another person who scheduled an interview the next week.

I had two 30 mins interviews back to back (for a total of an hour). Not too difficult. Still waiting to hear back from them regarding a decision.

Interview Questions

• They began with easy/simple questions and went from there. I found that they can use your answer to generate their next question(s). For example: "name a few algorithms that you know" - sorting, searching... "name a few sorting algorithms" - quick-sort, merge, heap, bubble, radix... "name a few searching algorithm" - linear, binary search... (then they'd ask another question based on the previous answers you just gave). The same rule applied to any hard skill/programming language I had on my resume. They began simple and expanded.

If you don't know an answer, simply tell them. Do not try to b.s your way through an answer, it'll be obvious and it'll only hurt your chances.

Expect behavioural questions as well. For example "describe to me a time when...", and it could be anything from - you had to work in a difficult team/group or you had to face a challenge and what you did to try to overcome it.

1 Answer

Due Diligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE) in June 2015.

Interview

Submitted application through their online website. Within a day received an email to contact recruiter and schedule interview by e-mail. Within a week had 20 minute phone interview (screening) then was asked to move to the next stage in the process. The questions are straight forward and are what you would expect of an initial interview. The process is very well put together and professionally presented.

Interview Questions

Because the salary for the position at this location is well below the market rate in the area.