J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015
2,757 Interview Reviews

2.9

Branch Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Branch manager trainee ----Very long if external candidate (2 months was my experience thus far) I believe they post the requisition and since its a trainee position they probably don't rush hiring. I feel they just wait to see how many applicants they get and then they can be very selective. I started with applying online as an employee referral, I was then contacted by a recruiter to complete an online interview (one month after first applying ( Hirevue webcam screening is done for the recruiter) following that i had a face to face interview. I interviewed with 2 district managers. 1st one was hiring manager. I met 2nd district manager 1 1/2 week later (no communication in between), he was a peer who probably was giving a 2nd opinion to the hiring district manager. Nearly two weeks later I get the decline ( not by email but by logging in to check my application status.

Interview Questions
    • Why Chase ?
      Why did you leave your last job ?
      How would you grow deposits in the branch ?
      How did you achieve customer experience goals ? (overall satisfaction)
      What locations are you interested in ? (I applied to different locations)
      What are Chases top priorities ?

Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I had an interview on campus, which was pretty easy. They asked me simple OOP questions and a few questions on how I behave in a team. It was really laid-back and casual, and the interviewer was very enthusiastic. I had a really good experience.

Interview Questions
    • What is a static variable? Difference between pass-by-value and pass-by-reference?   Answer Question

Tech Connect Program Interview

It was the most horrible interview I've had. There were two interviewers and the first guy who interviewed me couldn't even answer my questions about JPMorgan. The second one was very condescending, stern, and rude. He kept talking about HIMSELF. All me, me, me. I know they're probably both good with technology, but please, don't let them do the recruiting.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

On campus interview applied through LionsLink. a lot of social and behavioral questions. It was very relaxed, interviewers were very nice. For some reason they are making me put fifty characters down. This is dumb

Interview Questions
    • Total cost 2.50. Bat is one more dollar than the ball. How much is each?   View Answer
    • Your business has extra cash. What would you do with it?   View Answer
    • What are the expenses, liabilities, assets for a coffee shop   Answer Question
    • Name the different sectors of JP Morgan and what they do   Answer Question
    • Time where you failed to meet a deadline   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview process in ok overall. Just know the role you are applying for and why you want to do that job, also do your homework, understand what is going on around the markets as well.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

First round: 30 mins phone interview -
    I interviewed with one of the analysts at the firm. The questions were all technicals: what are valuation methods, run through DCF, WACC, etc, which were fair. However, this was quite surprising because I would expect some more behavioral questions. All in all, a good experience!

Interview Questions
    • Run through DCF, valuation methods, Beta, Time Value Money concept.   Answer Question

Customer Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Received phone call. Then I was asked to do a video interview. I was asked 10 behavioral questions and I recorded my answers online. You get about 1 minute per questions. If you dislike your answer, you can delete it and record it again. Three days after that I was called in for a one-to-one interview. Basic behavioral questions, why I wanted the positions, how my transferable skills applied, etc. One week later I was offered a position.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

After resume screening, I was invited to an hour-long OCI interview. It was a half hour each with two different executive directors. Mostly behavioral questions, some technical. Overall, not difficult if you find out what JP Morgan is about and tell them why you are truly interested in the position. No superday, got a call 1 week letter with an offer- letter came via email a couple days later and I accepted.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

I interviewed for Asia-Pacific

It was a 3 step process - 2 phone call and 1 in-person interview. The first two phone call were from an analyst and a vice president - both from Hong Kong. The last in-person interview was with 4 directors from Singapore and Hong Kong.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly Fit questions. Run through resume and talk about the market   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Lengthy process meeting around ten people in the team, from other analysts to MD. Each interview was different, with some being more technical than others. Overall, it had a good mix of technical (corporate finance, capital markets, and math/statistics/brain teasers, etc.) as well as behavioral questions. Overall process was pretty smooth.

Interview Questions
    • From basic "Tell me about yourself" to brain teasers/capital markets related questions   Answer Question