J.P. Morgan

Getting the Interview

2,081 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the position in February 27th. There was a skills test that needed to be completed. I received an email inviting me to come on site to interview as well as a virtual video interview. One on one interview had mostly situational questions (e.g "How do you handle a difficult customer") If you made a good impression on the first interviewer, then you were interviewed by a team leader/manager.

Interview Question – What is the most important goal that you would like to complete or achieve.   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Newark, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty easy recruitment process:
1 hour telephonic interview followed by 2 hours of in person

Interview Question – What problem you face when Java string is being immutable and you copy a line of a file into a String variable for a huge file   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No

Very Easy Interview

Operations Associate Interview

Monroe, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired on under the now defunct Chase Works Associate program and I had my interview during a job fair. It was fairly straightforward, I brought a couple of copies of my resume and filled out a very general application. I then waited in line and had my interview with one hiring agent, who might have been a headhunter.

Interview Question – The interview was exceptionally dumbed down and I honestly expected there to be more detailed questions. I ended up asking more questions about the company's core values with regards to GLBT and volunteerism.   Answer Question

Commercial Banking Intern Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through my school's website. This is JP Morgan's first time having this intern position open and it's only for sophomores in college. I had two people interviewing me at the same time and the interview lasted about 45 minutes. The interview was all behavioral questions and not much of a conversation.

Interview Question – What was your biggest regret? Why did you choose the University you are attending today.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Interviewed in the Morning, got an offer that same day offer letter came 2 days later started 2 weeks later. pretty straight forward

Senior Applications Developer Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2012.

Interview Details – phone screen, and then on site, more than one round.

Interview Question – your weakness, soft questions like that.   Answer Question

Part Time Teller Interview

Interviewed at J.P. Morgan

Interview Details – Great people and great managers

Interview Question – Very well rounded questions. Behavioral based.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Finance Operations Associate Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in December 2010.

Interview Details – Started off as a consultant on a project that was temporary. Three months in to the project I was offered a job in the department as a full time employee. Interview process was not very extensive since I had already met most of the individuals in the department as well as management.

Interview Question – What would be the best way to solve a data problem that pertained to a particular situation.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – Was recruited through campus recruiting. I applied for the position the same day that they came on campus. Received an email confirming a time for a phone interview about a week later. A couple hours after that, I scheduled a time for physical interviews at the end of the week. I had 2 30-min interviews with current employees who chose from a list of questions, most situational. About a two weeks later, after thank you emails and follow-ups (which were actually replied to), I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Who is your role model and why? What characteristics do they possess that you see in yourself?   View Answer
  • What differentiates J.P. Morgan's products and services from other competitors in the industry?   View Answer

Client Service Specialist Intern Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on their career website and received a phone call to do a first round interview in about 2-3 weeks. They give you a weeks to schedule an interview with them over the phone, then you have a first round interview/screen with them. Brief description of the positions, what they are looking for, and what to expect during the internship. Interview was pretty easy, some behavioral question and 1 technical question. They let you know whether or not you go on to the second rounds from there and want you to go to there main campus or location of the position for a second round with there hiring manager in about 2 weeks time frame from the first interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about your self.
A time you faced a challenge in writing a paper.
What are your intentions to gain from the internship
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at J.P. Morgan

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!

J.P. Morgan Videos

J.P. Morgan – Why Work for Us?

J.P. Morgan has been doing first-class business in a first-class way for more than 200 years. We have been a leading player in helping companies grow and markets develop throughout our history. We work in collaboration… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at J.P. Morgan interview questions and advice. All 2,081 interview reviews posted anonymously by J.P. Morgan employees and interview candidates.