J.P. Morgan Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jersey City, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2013.

We had a telephone interview that was technical. This was followed by 3 rounds of personal interview. The interviews were trying to access my technical skills and also to see if I would gel in the environment. The interviewer also explained the project and asked if I could handle it without issues.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for JP Morgan Chase.   View Answer
    Ask them to allot you a working place in the office and also to convert you to full time employee after 1 year

Telephone Banker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in July 2013.

applied online and get the response 2 weeks after applying. The interview process was quick and easy to go thru. The first contact was in the email and phone interview than face to face with 3 different people

Interview Questions
    • all the questions was tell about a time you did this, or that   Answer Question

KYC Analyst Interview

I applied online - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in January 2012.

Two person interview asking normal interview and situational questions regarding AML. The interview was weird because these ppl were new to Chase and i was a transfer. i seem to know more than them.

Interview Questions
    no negoitation, they said they will start everyone at 42,900 but later i found out that was a fabrication. There is a huge variance in salary, some people are making $60k-$70k for doing the same exact job. I have a certification and meet/exceed expectation however iam making 20K less than others who are not performing as good as me. Very sad.

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in November 2013.

I applied through the Winning Women experience, and got flown out to Columbus. It was a one day event. Hotel and Transportation was arranged. Technical talk, keynote speaker, round table discussion, then in the afternoon I had the interview with those in Chicago office. Two people, one round. Basic OOP question, and resume details. Got a call from recruiter in one week and got the offer.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in February 2014.

One on campus interview--one or two fit questions followed by 3-4 brainteasers/probability questions. I was nervous and thought I wouldn't move on, but I did. Superday was 4 back-to-back one-on-one interviews (Executive Directors and Managing Directors). I only got fit questions that day, but I also come from a non-quantitative background and I think other interviewees got more technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • I roll a die. If I roll a 1, I give you $1. If I roll a 2, I give you $2, and so on. Make me a market on this game, and explain why.   View Answer

Commercial Banking Summer Analyst Program Interview

Interview process consisted of one interview on campus at career center. Then that was followed by a super day of 4 interviews. All behavioral questions. Relatively straight forward. They are just looking to see if they get along with you and if you seem interested. Other than that, technically speaking they are willing to train you on the job.

Interview Questions
    • Not too many unexpected or difficult questions - strengths/weaknesses, why JPMorgan, why commercial banking, etc. Mostly they want to make sure that you are invested in commercial banking and not using it as a stepping stone for IB (which most are)   Answer Question

Appliocation Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2014.

Initial open door event to learn about the company and positions available (ON CAMPUS). Then sign up on the campus job opportunities page for an interview. Once you get selected for the interview you have a back to back interview with both a business and tech perspective employee. You receive an email within the following few months whether or not you were accepted for the oppotunity (intern or full time).

Interview Questions
    • Basic breakdown of SDLC and syntax questions followed by example coding some algorithm of choice.   Answer Question
    No negotiation available.

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in May 2010.

The interview and hiring process was great. Managers are well detailed and explain position with in depth detail. Once you are hired the are several on line classes that have to be completed before you start your performance.

Interview Questions
    • The question I don't like is "What is your weakness?" This question can make or break you.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary somewhat

Teller Interview

very easy and standard questions. you don't need a lots of experience in anything to get hired.
    entry level position. Each person has different experience interviewing at Chase. mine was very informal

Corporate Analyst Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at J.P. Morgan in September 2014.

Was invited for a Superday after attending an informational event. Consisted of 2 "1/2 hour" interviews with 2 separate interviewers. 1 interview is resume review and "how did you handle a difficult situation, what are your other interest" questions. Other is more technical: "What are some of the regulations J.P. Morgan might face; What financial stories have caught your eye?". Will hear back "in a couple of weeks". Haven't received offer yet.

Interview Questions
    • What are some regulations J.P. Morgan may face in the financial industry?   Answer Question

Worked for J.P. Morgan? Contribute to the Community!